PDA

View Full Version : Q4 Chase Video

jimnielsen
06-03-08, 23:20
Hi - This is a video of my 155 Q4 taken at Calder Park Raceway, in Australia. Its taken by the car behind me in the race, an Alfa Sprint. Its a good look at what a 155Q4 looks like on the track when its under pressure!

YouTube - 155Q4 at Calder

JimN~

AlfaJack
06-03-08, 23:55
Great vid. He just needed bit more top end...

Is the smoke on down shifts any concern at all? I see a few puffs from mine hear and there.

jimnielsen
07-03-08, 00:01
Well, I don't really know what is "normal" there is not enough to be see in the rear view mirror - but the video sure shows it up!

jimn~

Brul(tm)
07-03-08, 09:57
Nice video :smile:
About the smoke... Did you remove all silencers, kats etc? I guess you can see a bit more "smoke" this way. Butt this looks like a bit to much :eek: Maybe the valve seals aren't in a good condition?

I do sometime drive on the track and never had any smoke clouds like this. The engine has done a 290874km, like the rest of the car right now :cool: I never had a complaint from someone who drove behind me. And I did ask if the car was smoking afterwards. I'd like to now ;)

Greetings,
Marc

jimnielsen
07-03-08, 10:19
yes, all the 'cats' are removed. Still one silencer at the very rear. car has done 77,000 km.

AlfaJack
07-03-08, 11:42
What oil do you use Jim? Might be a touch thin...

Brul(tm)
07-03-08, 12:16
yes, all the 'cats' are removed.

This also causes a bit more smoke. Only on the video you see the smoke when your reving and changing gears up/down?
So that's why i thought of the valve seals....

Greetings,
Marc

jimnielsen
07-03-08, 20:24
oil is Castrol 10W60.

AlfaJack
08-03-08, 00:22
That sounds fine then...

Steve Webb
10-03-08, 08:37
Only just had a chance to take a look at the vid. Looking good Jim, but it does show just how much a standard Q4 rolls under cornering!!! Also do you have any details on the Sprint? Looked a pretty rapid machine.

jimnielsen
10-03-08, 09:34
The Sprint is configured as a full race car - but a very low cost one. Just a shell, seat and harness. Engine has been worked - cams, valves, 13:1 compression etc. A typical "alfa club car" here in oz

Here is a picture of it taken at Winton (last weekend) here in Australia at another race meeting!

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,68/topic,1162.0/

The car next to it is my Giulietta racecar.

cheers, Jimn~

wrinx
10-03-08, 13:19
Very nice looking Giulietta!!!

Any more piccies?

wrinx

jimnielsen
10-03-08, 20:40
another pic is attached - and even a vid! My plan is to make the Q4 faster than this.... it could take a while.....

YouTube - Alfa Romeo Giulietta at Winton Jan 2008

Cheers, JimN

markgq4
18-03-08, 11:52
great videos jim,
i am not surprised the sprint could get you on the twisty bits but i am VERY surprised he could almost out drag you on the straights !!

and yes the guiletta is very very nice.

top man.

and i think i might have to emigrate, cant believe you guys are allowed to race without cages.
just buying a cage for a 155 is ?900+vat plus fitting!!
means you really need big money to even think about racing a q4.
dam uk with all its health and safety