PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Kits

alfista_AR
24-01-08, 11:46
Hello there,

I wondering if someone of you have a couple of old shocks + spring (one front and one rear) to send them at D2racing factory.
They need it to customize the suspension kits for 155 Q4, the final product will have 36 ways of adjust the dampening force and the height of the strut as well (all for less than u$s 600)

I really don't have any, and may be you guys have some in advance!, please Q4 owners this is a good opportunity to have racing/street suspension for few money!

Thanks for your help!

Michael_kal
24-01-08, 12:24
Hello,
sorry to tell that I've no parts available to send to D2, but but I'm very interested in one of the Kits if they are available, so please can you put my Name on the list for set of them, or is the plan that this kits will be sold to anybody who asked D2 for.

Regards Michael

alfista_AR
24-01-08, 12:29
Hello,
sorry to tell that I've no parts available to send to D2, but but I'm very interested in one of the Kits if they are available, so please can you put my Name on the list for set of them, or is the plan that this kits will be sold to anybody who asked D2 for.

Regards Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm in contact with Steve, to find the best way and help D2racing for customize and finally get a special price for group buy.
I'll let you know via forum posts.

-Dario.

Brul(tm)
24-01-08, 14:20
I wondering if someone of you have a couple of old shocks + spring (one front and one rear) to send them at D2racing factory.

This sunday I will pick up my new Q4. This one will be taken appart, so this shouldn't be a problem. Only I don't know what kind of shocks are fitted.

Greetings,
Marc

alfista_AR
24-01-08, 19:28
This sunday I will pick up my new Q4. This one will be taken appart, so this shouldn't be a problem. Only I don't know what kind of shocks are fitted.

Greetings,
Marc

Hi Brul,

This sounds great! What do you mean with "what kind of shocks are fitted.." ? are not the standard ones? even if they are wear, should be fine.
Please let Us know.

Thanks
-Dario.

Brul(tm)
27-01-08, 19:53
Well, got the Q4 at home now. The shocks fitted, are the electronic shocks that where optional. I don't have them available for this project, sorry. I need to look in to it, don't know where my original shock are when i got my yellow Koni's..... Maybe I still have them, butt only the front. Need to take a look in starage for it.

Greetings,
Marc

alfista_AR
28-01-08, 18:15
Well, got the Q4 at home now. The shocks fitted, are the electronic shocks that where optional. I don't have them available for this project, sorry. I need to look in to it, don't know where my original shock are when i got my yellow Koni's..... Maybe I still have them, butt only the front. Need to take a look in starage for it.

Greetings,
Marc

Ok Brull, don't worry, I will find the way to found some volunteers :-)

People from D2 told me that they will customize the suspension kits if they get a complete set front + rear.
There are not to much options of suspension kits for Q4, then I think this is a good chance to have kits specially made for Us.

jimnielsen
28-01-08, 21:00
I am keen to buy them!

JimN~

alfista_AR
29-01-08, 00:21
I am keen to buy them!

JimN~

I know Jim, me too!
But we need to ship a complete standard suspension kit to D2 for tests, and they will develop special kits for Us based on testings.
I hope find a contributor!

Brul(tm)
29-01-08, 14:20
I found my front shocks :tasty:
Now we only need a rear one. The rear is the same for all models, so i'll go look at the scrap yard for a rear one. Keep you posted.

Greetings,
Marc

12-02-08, 10:42
Let me know if you don't find the parts. I have all original parts, but I am not sure if I have ths springs in my garage or in my father's garage (550 km away...). I am not about to by new suspension parts at the moment, but off course I do what I can to help anyway. Where are D2 located?

/A

alfista_AR
17-02-08, 01:43
Let me know if you don't find the parts. I have all original parts, but I am not sure if I have ths springs in my garage or in my father's garage (550 km away...). I am not about to by new suspension parts at the moment, but off course I do what I can to help anyway. Where are D2 located?

/A

Hi I'm back from my holidays!
Thanks Brul and #84 for your help. D2 is waiting for the parts.
They are in Taiwan www.d2racing.com.tw may be we should have to know first how much the shipping cost to Taiwan.
Please guys let me know if you are able to find the springs and shocks and an estimated shipping cost from your locations to Taiwan.

RMB-Racing
21-02-08, 11:50
Hi Guys

I have another options for us.

There is a manufacturer of suspensions named - KSport - from Asia i think, and they have dealers in UK and in Denmark as well.

From a dealer in Denmark, I have been told that a suspension kit like the one below, will cost approx 921 Euros. (Maybe it will be cheaper in UK..?)

The good part of this, is that they don't need the standard suspension for measuring.

If we just measure it ourself, and hand KSport the specs, they will make a suspension kit as below whit all the features.

How does that sounds???

P.S. They need an order of at least 5 kits, before they will make it.

K-Sport Inverted Coilovers
http://www.ksport.co.uk/_kit/build/coilovers_inline.jpg The K-Sport GT Pro Damper System sets the benchmark in modern aftermarket performance suspension. The main feature is the race-specification inverted monotube, which separates the oil and gas within the cylinder allowing for a more consistent damping experience both on track and road. Heat from the brakes will have far less effect on the damping qualities. Unsprung weight is also decreased helping to achieve a better balanced chassis, improving both handling and responsiveness. Heat is dissipated more efficiently and there is a finer range of damping adjustment. The inverted monotube design also helps prevent aeration and cavitations, which can alter ride characteristics.

Adjustment - fine tuning for your car.
The GT Pro Dampers have 36 levels of adjustment, allowing you to find the optimum settings for both track and road. Both compression and rebound are set simultaneously, ideal for the track day user. The dampers come with pillow ball mounts on the front and rear where applicable and available, allowing you to alter camber directly without the need for a separate kit. The spring perch is also adjustable allowing for varying degrees of spring preload.

Ride height - lower and raise with no compromise to the damping system!
Setting your ride height has never been easier. GT Pro Dampers are built around an adjustable lower mount, threaded onto the damper monotube, allowing the height to be altered without taking the suspension off and with no compromise on damping travel or characteristics.With the mounts and most pieces of the coilover being designed for 6061 billet aluminum the kit is lightweight, durable, and rust resistant. The steel shock body is electroplated with zinc to resist rust and the elements. The valving of each set is matched to the springs installed for unmatched ride quality and reliability.

Key Features

Inverted steel shock absorber for durability
Lower center of gravity and higher chassis rigidity
Designed to reduce friction for cooler shock oil temperature
Inverted design like vehicles in WRC and all JGTC cars
36-way adjustable dampening
Made from high quality 6061 Aluminum with T6 for increased hardness
Compression/Rebound adjustable
Adjustable spring perch for height adjustment
Adjustable body allowing maximum suspension travel
Pillow Ball Top Mount w/ adjustable camber (not available for some models)
Monotube High Pressure Design reduces oil leakage
Electroplated body for protection from corrosion and rust
One Year Limited Warranty

jimnielsen
21-02-08, 19:23
I'm interested. Can we get camber adjustment on the front?

JimN~

Q4-Dave
23-01-10, 09:21
Anyone ordered these either D2?s or K-Sport, I look for some coilovers now, any tips on where to find?

Q4-Dave
29-01-10, 13:23
Will the coiloverkits for the Delta fit on the 155?
no trouble at all finding these :P

David

mindus
29-01-10, 16:50
Delta coilovers won't fit.
There is a lot info on D2 coilovers in this forum, try search... Overall, the rear dampers/springs in D2 kit is a weak point...

Q4-Dave
15-02-10, 20:23
Hello again, I have been in contact with a dealer of D2 Coilovers who says he can rebuild a set of coilovers for me (from the 2wd version of the 155, which he had lying about) to fit the q4 stating that the only difference is the spring rate in the rear being: 4wd version just has a 6,2kg/mm spring on the rear versus the 7,5kg/mm found on the 2wd version, otherwise the same.
Personally, I find it strange that the 2wd version has a stiffer rear spring, as the 4wd would mainly add weight to the rear (differential and such)

Can anyone confirm that this is the case (any warnings about the make or that it will fit and that the spring rates are ok, don?t want to ride her on her belly :P) then I will be having this kit for a good price :)

I also asked him to look up how much a regular set for the Q4 would cost from him if there are any interest in an eventual group buy later on :)
will come back to you with his price once I have his reply, I could also ask for the price for the 2wd versions if there seems to be an interest in the middle of the month and all :P

David

jimnielsen
15-02-10, 20:32
Hi Q4-dave. In my opinion the rear springs that were provided with the original 'group buy' were pretty worthless. They were actually a little worse than the original springs. The D2 rear spring rate was (approx) 190lbs/inch. I am now using 600lbs/inch spring on the rear with the D2 rear shocks. That is working very well for the track, but for the road I would suggest something in between these two extremes - perhaps 350lbs/inch. The Springs that came with the D2 system for the front were also too soft for the track, but i would think would be ok for normal street use.

jim.

Q4-Dave
15-02-10, 20:41
Hello jim, and thanks for that Ultrafast reply :D I am going for a semi street/trackday car more the latter! but want it street legal so I can have a regular MOT as well since I can?t transport it myself (no trailer or license to drive that heavy a caravan myself and not really into relying on others for helping me to my trackdays :/

since he is willing to rebuild the ones he have at home, I can surely define which springs I want fitted, thats the best part.