PDA

View Full Version : Remapping Q4 with a Squadra

AlfaJack
22-01-08, 13:33
Hello,

If I was to get the Q4 remapped when I got a new turbo etc, would this be possible with the Squadra chip?

Or would I need to swap back to the normal OEM chip? I ask as my OEM chip is broken and I have not sorted out a replacement (hoping to program my own with OEM spec from one of our members)

Thanks
Jack

Brul(tm)
22-01-08, 14:38
AlfaJack,

You can use the Squadra chip, as far as i know. Butt mail (info@squadra-tuning.nl) Stephan with this question to get the right anwser.

Greetings,
Marc

wrinx
22-01-08, 16:42
Reminds me...I must get the original chip for mine!

wrinx

arjunior45
22-01-08, 18:23
Stefan, from Squadra, long time ago told us that he make the chips only for OEM specifications {turbo and cams} and not for modified one.
But it will be better to try to contact him anyway, though he does not unswer to e-mails very often. I'm still waiting for a reply for more than seven - eight mounths.

Nick

Brul(tm)
22-01-08, 20:22
I'm still waiting for a reply for more than seven - eight mounths.

I am afraid he has forgotten about it :eek:
I think you should ask your question again, otherwise you won't get your anwser :confused:

Greetings,
Marc

jimnielsen
23-01-08, 10:12
If you want to "remap" the ecu for a particular set of "stuff" eg - different turbo, MAP sensor, injectors or whatever, you need to use a rom emulator (as wolf 66 has outlined..) and create a map that works for your changes. Wolf has done the hard work of providing us with an XDF file that you can use with Tunerpro (etc) to control the ECU functions. The only other way is to use a generic fully programmable ECU like an Autronic / motec. Either way you also need a dyno to create the map.

JimN~

AlfaJack
25-01-08, 22:56
Hi,

Thanks all. What I should have been more clear on is that I would need a new map for the ECU when I get a new turbo (cant see the standard one lasting forever, good to have a spare) - can this map go in to the Squadra is is modification of the map on the Squadra protected? Or do I need to have the new map written to the OEM chip?

The new MAP would be done by a pro on a rolling road.
I will mail Squadra too :D

Cheers
Jack

cuore_sportivo_155
26-01-08, 04:41
why would you want to rewrite the squadra chip, if all you save is the price of an ordinary eeprom? you loose far more value that way than buying a ?1 eprom (if that) and selling the squadra...