PDA

View Full Version : Shocks and springs from Fiat Coupe

alfista_AR
28-12-07, 17:15
Guys,

I was looking at some specs from FIAT coupe and as probably you know, it has almost the same motor of our Q4, even the chassis and suspension components are the same (Fiat Tipo and Tempra too).
Knowing that, my question is if we can directly replace the shocks and springs of the Fiat Coupe into the Q4 ?
I really don't know which is the rate of Kg/mm or Lbs/inch of tension that the spring/shock of both cars have, may be someone there has this info to "dissipate" my clouds :)

Thank you all!

RMB-Racing
28-12-07, 23:23
Well....

In the front there are any problems fitting suspension from a Fiat Coupe, Bravo, Marea etc etc...(and even from another 155 and 146).

The problem is in the rear!

There aren't any other Alfa's and Fiat whit that suspension the 155 Q4 has.

Maybe we can use the suspension form the Lancia Delta Integrale - but I have my doubts.

alfista_AR
29-12-07, 02:28
Well....

In the front there are any problems fitting suspension from a Fiat Coupe, Bravo, Marea etc etc...(and even from another 155 and 146).

The problem is in the rear!

There aren't any other Alfa's and Fiat whit that suspension the 155 Q4 has.

Maybe we can use the suspension form the Lancia Delta Integrale - but I have my doubts.

Thank you Ronnie,

May be I have to investigate which is the Kg/mm or Lbs/inch rate of the spring/shock of Q4 and try to find some similar with the same size for rear.

You know, I found adjustable alloy (6061 T6) dampers specially made for fiat coupe.
That is the reason why I'm asking, to know if are compatible and fit these special shocks in my Q4.

Dario.