PDA

View Full Version : ECU questions

j1v
22-12-07, 08:42
Is there anybody here familiar with the q4 ECU.

I'm in a very difficult position. We were planning to remap the stock ECU entirely (with race2000). The changes on the car are as follows:

650cc injectors
3 bar MAP

However, with the standard resolution on the fuel table i find it very difficult to remap even on a dyno (we wasted 2 hours), because a lot of the table stays unused, and the entire boost range is located just in e couple of the top rows. I need to change the resolution of the fuel table, but the race2000 software has not this feature.

Another problem is, that with this map, the ECU tries to run in closed loop mode (lambda control) when in boost (something about 0.6 bar on part throttle) because of the changed MAP sensor.

Evodelta
22-12-07, 11:31
What kind of ECU does a Q4 use? Is it a Webber/Marelli like the Delta?

Stuntz
22-12-07, 11:42
Contact user Wolf he is a guru for these ECU s he knows litlelary everytinihg about the marreli Eco from q4

j1v
22-12-07, 14:06
Contact user Wolf he is a guru for these ECU s he knows litlelary everytinihg about the marreli Eco from q4

Invalid User specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

:(

j1v
22-12-07, 14:15
I remember there were topics on this, with the participation of "Wolf" on the old forum but now I can't find anything :(

Stuntz
22-12-07, 15:59
sorry wolf66 is the correct user name

AlfaJack
22-12-07, 21:56
Wolf66:
http://forum.berlinasportivo.org/member.php?u=212

Juan AR155Q4
22-12-07, 23:10
Well, I?m certainly not an expert, but afaik, you?ll have to change breakpoints for new MAP, then you could update values.
Wolf66 has achieve really good results using standar ECU (500HP last time), unfortunatly he hadn?t been posting here for a while. I have tried to contact him through his personal email, but no answer at all.

And yes, the Q4 ECU is a Webber/Marelli, is model IAW 4W6. Maps form Fiat Coupe 16V turbo are compatible, and I think that Delta Evo 2 is also. Not the others Deltas.

j1v
23-12-07, 00:06
What I really need to know is some details about the closed loop mode (lambda control)
I think I have found the answers about the other problems I faced in the topic started by wolf66

jimnielsen
23-12-07, 20:30
Hi J1V.. If you have found the answers to any problems on this subject could you please detail them here so that we could benefit from your experience. What about a few pics too ? :)

JimN~

j1v
24-12-07, 06:20
Hi J1V.. If you have found the answers to any problems on this subject could you please detail them here so that we could benefit from your experience. What about a few pics too ? :)

JimN~

As I said the things need to change the resolution of the tables for bigger MAP and more rpm are perfectly explained by wolf66 in his thread (http://forum.berlinasportivo.org/showthread.php?t=642)

I've done them with the tunerpro built in HEX editor, and they look fine. I'll have to make some tests soon.

I saw a very good idea in a another XDF (for fiat coupe 16v turbo) that maybe I'll try to make work in the q4's xdf file. There are items for the breakpoints, so the rpm/map resolutions of the tables are editable and in human readable format.

Evodelta
26-12-07, 20:27
I would expect you could find answers to most questions about these ECUs on the Prograle forum.

Edit: Sorry, I see you are already there.....

K.Kotkas
27-12-07, 20:14
I say, its easier to go with vems, or similar low cost programmable ecu. http://www.vems.hu/ You'll be able to use most of the Bosch stuff, and when you hook up a WB lambda, results will be even better.

Wolf66
11-01-08, 23:46
Is there anybody here familiar with the q4 ECU.

I'm in a very difficult position. We were planning to remap the stock ECU entirely (with race2000). The changes on the car are as follows:

650cc injectors
3 bar MAP

However, with the standard resolution on the fuel table i find it very difficult to remap even on a dyno (we wasted 2 hours), because a lot of the table stays unused, and the entire boost range is located just in e couple of the top rows. I need to change the resolution of the fuel table, but the race2000 software has not this feature.

Another problem is, that with this map, the ECU tries to run in closed loop mode (lambda control) when in boost (something about 0.6 bar on part throttle) because of the changed MAP sensor.

Hi!

I didn't check this forum for some months. I am using the exact same setup as you without any problems. Do you have 3 bar map sensor of lancia delta integrale? If so, i can modify your tables to fit new sensor. If you have some other sensor, i can modify your tables, if you send me specifications for the sensor.