PDA

View Full Version : Boost leaks again!

wrinx
21-11-07, 15:44
Beginning to lose the plot with this....

All the pipes look good and I've replaced a lot of the fiddly little ones now. Longer ones all look good.

I've not tried connecting the pipes below the Pierburg valve yet due to concern about turbo damage and then someone posted it might not work???

But...is there a way to pressure test the vacuum pipes/inlet/exhaust to find leaks?

I'm getting about 0.8 max boost with a Squadra although did see 1.2 briefly the other day when I put my foot down flat in fifth.

wrinx

wrinx
21-11-07, 16:04
Might try the washing up liquid test mentioned in this thread...

http://www.fccuk.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=483660#Post483660

wrinx

Brul(tm)
21-11-07, 19:44
it's no problem to create a by-pass to exclude the pierbrug.
This way the wastegate wil open by itself at aprox. 0.4 bar.
After i replaced my exhaust manifauld and the turbo i had turbo problems. Turbo keeps on spooling and building pressure. This is dangerous! Creating a bypass can't do no harm. Pressure will never get above the aprox 0.4 bar.

Your turbo, in what condition is it? Does it make noise? Are all your hoses in good condition? I also had 1.4 bar pressure with squadra chip in the beginning. A couple of months ago i noticed a decrease of power and more noise from the engine compartment. And not much later, the turbo broke down, after 284.926 KM of service! Everything is fixed right now and the power seems to be back. Can't say this is your problem, just my experience i had with my Q4.

Greetings,
Marc

wrinx
21-11-07, 23:46
I did think the turbo was blowing oil but after cleaning the hoses out it seems to have stopped now??? :confused: But, it could still be worn for all I know.

After reading the linked thread above there are a lot more possibilities to check :doh:

Thanks for your input :smile:

wrinx