PDA

View Full Version : High idle speed?

155-tbo
13-11-07, 19:18
Hello guys!

I need help and if you can help me, very good :)
I have oil leak in my car as you can see.
Where this oil is coming from? Anyone have any good guess?
I have some problem with timingbelt (loses are 2 + 2 valves)
Engine hood was out and I have new gasket on it.
Oil is not coming out from valvecover.

Second problem.

My car is running now about 1500 rpm all the time. Not less. I have checked idlespeed valve and it was ok. Can it be temperature sensor, who can make cars idling so high?
I have checked also all possible air leaks, but haven?t seen nothing strange.
Hope you undestand my text, luckily I have foto, it tells more than 1000 words ;)

AlfaJack
13-11-07, 23:27
I can only guess its from the manifold which may not be 100% sealed - can you start the engine and feel for leaking air down there - It gets hot really quick though.....

Second problem: My engine runs at 1500rpm if I disconnect the water temp sensor - check the connection on that, also check its resistance - it may be broken.

wrinx
13-11-07, 23:51
There's a guy selling sensors on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WATER-TEMPERATURE-SENSOR-Lancia-Delta-Integrale-Evo_W0QQitemZ290181356971QQihZ019QQcategoryZ31352Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wrinx

Juan AR155Q4
17-11-07, 07:04
Clean the idle valve.

155-tbo
17-11-07, 16:26
Hello,

I cleaned the idle valve and change my thermostat unit and all sensors, what the thermostat has. Now I have idle speed like 1300 rpm. I change also sparks. No changes.
Can it be timingbelt ?
Other belts are too tight?
When I put all electric equipments on (backwindows heater ect ect) car runs little bit over 1000 rpm.

Oil leak was just oil behind that heat cover, hope so. I cleaned that exhaust manifold and no more oil on it.

Thank for everybody, but I need more help. Any guess

AlfaJack
17-11-07, 17:02
Are you absolutely sure the water temp sensor (blue one) is properly connected? not shorting out?

I doubt the belts are anything to do with this. If the timing was out I would expect it to be very lumpy on idle.

I know you checked but I suspect an air leak - check closely all the small 3mm pipes for leaks - they commonly go brittle etc.

Also, spray wd40 around these pipes while it is running, if the revs go up a little more when you do this, then you have a small leak.

155-tbo
17-11-07, 17:49
I?m really sure that temperature sensor is connected, because I take it off and idle rise up to 1500 rpm. Now it was about 1150-1250, when I remove my car back to garage. The idle is not smooth, it goes higher and then back down. Maybe there is air leak. I will check that next time with high explosive liquid.

Does Q4 ecu has some kind of learning mode? Because everytime when I started car it will run lower idle. The battery was off about two months. So everything is reseted.

Bad thing is that I don`t know what happened when they put all back. Usually I do all by my self, but this time I feel lazy. That was the result, so there will be no next time.

I changed topis name.