PDA

View Full Version : 'silent block' help

arjunior45
07-11-07, 08:42
did anyone change these two 'silent blocks' ever? Spare part {part number '60807395' - the hole thing with the alu} is no longer available from Alfa and I made them out of polyurathane. But vibrations give me a havy 'headake' and I wory for the aluminium parts.
Any suggestions?

ps.
sory for using the images from 'RMB-Racing' but I have not any of my own

RMB-Racing
07-11-07, 12:21
Wouldnt it be the same for the Deltas..?

arjunior45
09-11-07, 14:22
Wouldnt it be the same for the Deltas..?

I don't know. Do you have any clue {part number}?

pitucas
09-11-07, 15:21
That rod you are talking about (60807395) has been substituted by part number: 7668132. According to ePER...

And this part is still available from Alfa Romeo dealers... it costs about 40? here in Portugal!

And ePER says that it's the same part for Fiat Tipo, Tempra and Coup?, Lancia Delta and Dedra, and, of course, Alfa 155 Q4.

arjunior45
13-11-07, 17:56
That rod you are talking about (60807395) has been substituted by part number: 7668132. According to ePER...

And this part is still available from Alfa Romeo dealers... it costs about 40? here in Portugal!

And ePER says that it's the same part for Fiat Tipo, Tempra and Coup?, Lancia Delta and Dedra, and, of course, Alfa 155 Q4.

sorry but I was wrong about the part number, it is the 60807399 {not ...95} and it is a pad. I believe the newest part number was 82434626 and I'll have a look at ePer.
I've already replace the 'rod' and I've found it here in Greece. The 'pad' is that I can not find. That's why I'm looking for a 'replacement'.

Gery83
18-06-11, 14:19
Does anyone had success on this?
I can not find any replacement.
Any ideas?

Steve Webb
19-06-11, 12:19
I seem to remember looking at that part a few years back, but can't for the life of me remember why.

Have you thought about finding damper bushes the right size and fitting them instead? The bushes on the rear of the landrover are pretty large and might fit in the holes in the holder.

Gery83
20-06-11, 18:15
Yes, I thought about it, but there is a problem with this idea.
The reason is, that the holes in these silentblocks are located excentral.

I seem to remember looking at that part a few years back, but can't for the life of me remember why.

Have you thought about finding damper bushes the right size and fitting them instead? The bushes on the rear of the landrover are pretty large and might fit in the holes in the holder.

Steve Webb
27-06-11, 12:05
Are you sure they aren't located centrally? It might be that the weight of the engine g/box is pulling the hole downwards and making it look off centre.

Jan
29-06-11, 18:10
the part from bielstein:

71094 Getriebeaufh?ngungsbuchse oben
is the same i think!

Steve Webb
29-06-11, 21:23
That looks about right. For some reason I thought the original rubber part had open sections in it. But its been a while since I was under there so might be mistaken.

Worth a try though.

Gery83
30-06-11, 07:48
Hi!

Here is the file that contains this part too: http://www.bielstein.com/LANCIA/Delta-Auswahl/LISTE_7.pdf

I wrote them a mail about these blocks, I'll tell what their answer will be.

Thanks for the tip!

Brul(tm)
30-06-11, 08:54
I'll be visiting Bielstein on 7th of july :cool:

Regards,
Marc

Steve Webb
30-06-11, 08:59
More bits for the rebuild or just for a look around?

Never come across them before, but looks a useful place.

Brul(tm)
30-06-11, 10:36
More bits for the rebuild or just for a look around?

The looking part has been done at home ;)
This will be the picking up part for the orthered parts :smoke:

Regards,
Marc

Integrale
30-06-11, 18:26
Was'nt it Bielstein that bougth all Lancia Delta Integrale parts from Lancia when they source all the parts out? Well known Lancia spare part dealer, they also have plenty of parts on ebay.de for Alfa 155 Q4 as well.

Brul(tm)
30-06-11, 19:17
they also have plenty of parts on ebay.de for Alfa 155 Q4 as well.

Most of the engine parts are shared!
There are some differeances, but al the main parts seems to be the same.
Did some comparing on eper.

Regards,
Marc

Jan
01-07-11, 19:53
maybe a group buy for the bushes??

Steve Webb
01-07-11, 20:14
Be a damn sight easier to do, dealing with a company in Europe rather than one the other side of the world :thinking-011:

Gery83
02-07-11, 09:05
Hi!

Here is the file that contains this part too: http://www.bielstein.com/LANCIA/Delta-Auswahl/LISTE_7.pdf

I wrote them a mail about these blocks, I'll tell what their answer will be.

Thanks for the tip!

I've already ordered 2 pieces from them. They cost 93EUR incl. shipping.
Not so bad I think. :)

Gery83
13-07-11, 08:06
Do not order these parts for your Q4!

They arrived tomorrow, fine quality etc... BUT! They look the same from the pictures as the Q4 silent blocks, but they are much bigger!

I'll post some photos in the evening, if anyone wants to see...
I'm a bit sad now. Not because the 93Euros, but now I'm at the beginning once again. And I don't really know what to do.

My last idea is to fill the holes in the old block with some windshield glue. Maybe that will fix it for a short period of time, but it is still not a professional solution... :sad:

Steve Webb
13-07-11, 08:33
Sorry to hear they don't fit.

There must be a company out there that can manufacture custom bushes, I guess it is just a case of finding them.

AlfaJack
13-07-11, 10:59
Maybe someone like Powerflex or Superflex could make these but out of a softer material than there normal bushes etc. They would need an original block and a good few orders for a group buy I expect though.

http://www.superflex.co.uk/
http://www.powerflex.co.uk/

Steve Webb
14-07-11, 07:53
Maybe someone like Powerflex or Superflex could make these but out of a softer material than there normal bushes etc. They would need an original block and a good few orders for a group buy I expect though.

http://www.superflex.co.uk/
http://www.powerflex.co.uk/

How many other people have had to replace these bushes? They obviously don't wear out as quickly as wishbone bushes, but then again won't last forever either.
The problem with getting a batch made up would be the number of people who want\need them. If they were cheap enough it wouldn't be a problem, but then again poly bushes seem to be pretty pricey for what they are.

Anyone else need a set?

Brul(tm)
14-07-11, 11:30
Anyone else need a set?

I probably would like a set. I will be replacing a lot of rubbers and bushes befor I'll fit my engine.

Regards,
Marc

Steve Webb
14-07-11, 13:22
I've fired off a couple of emails, lets see if we get any response.

The next question is, does anyone have one of the bushes out on the bench if we need to send off one as a template?

Jan
14-07-11, 15:51
that's nasty they don't fit :sad:

I would like a set

Steve Webb
14-07-11, 18:00
Right, just heard back from powerflex, has anyone got a pic of the support with the bushes in it? Powerflex would like to take a look at what we need.

Jan
14-07-11, 18:03
can the also do all the rear subframe bushes?

Steve Webb
14-07-11, 18:18
I'd assume so.

Have you got a pic of the bushes you mean?

Steve Webb
14-07-11, 18:45
No need for a pic of the front bushes, I just nipped down to the garage and snapped one. Thought I'd attach it here for reference.

Brul(tm)
14-07-11, 20:52
I have a spare one laying around. Not sure if I want to mail it for referance....

Regards,
Marc

Steve Webb
14-07-11, 21:08
I think we need to make sure they can make the bushes, and they can do a short production run before worrying about getting a sample to them.

Fingers crossed.

Steve Webb
18-07-11, 13:32
Hi all, I've had a couple of replies back from Powerflex with regards to the bushes. From this I'm assuming that they can produce the bushes. But they do want to know how many sets that we are looking for at the moment.

So guys, if you are looking for a new set of the lower, rear engine support bushes, or just want a set spare, (remember these aren't available anywhere at the moment) let me know in this thread.

Cheers

Steve

Steve Webb
18-07-11, 17:28
Just heard back again from Powerflex, and they can manufacture these bushes for us, and add them to their catalogue. Just need to send them the bracket and bolts that pass through the bushes. Does anyone have these spare\off the car? If not its not a problem as I can remove mine and send it through.

So if you are interested, please let me know on here.

Brul(tm)
18-07-11, 19:16
I have a spare one laying around. Not sure if I want to mail it for referance....

Regards,
Marc

Any idea about the price for the bushes?

Regards,
Marc

Steve Webb
18-07-11, 19:56
can the also do all the rear subframe bushes?

Are other people interested in the rear subframe bushes?

Are they available anywhere else?

My rear subframe needs to come off so I might slip a new set on.

Brul(tm)
18-07-11, 21:01
I also have a rear subframe laying around.
I could try to remove the bushes when I can find some time or somebody else must have them laying around.

Regards,
Marc

wrinx
19-07-11, 17:14
Are these (subframe) bushes the same across the 155 range...if so I think there is a replacement already from another model, and Fiat Coupe guys are using solid blocks of aluminium.

wrinx

Jan
23-07-11, 17:04
marc,

could you make the pictures of the rear subframe bushes, i'll eplain in dutch which one

(de bussen van de draagarmen achter bij de subframe bevestiging en de rubbers waar het subframe/cardan mee vast hangt)

It's difficult taking pictures when mounted under car

Thanks
Jan

Steve Webb
13-08-11, 09:52
Still waiting for a reply from Powerflex on the price of these. Time to give them another prod I think.

Xti
13-05-12, 15:42
It seems like I will need those 2 lower/rear engine bushes. I've noticed that the prop-shaft and front stabiliser bar do come in contact when driving over bumps...I could assume it is due to those bushes must be damaged now.

What could take so much to Powerflex company to respond client's requests?

Steve Webb
13-05-12, 21:06
Hi Cristian,

I was talking with Powerflex, it all came to a stop because they needed to get hold of the entire assembly before they could quote a price\look into making the bushes.

Xti
14-05-12, 12:16
... Does anyone have these spareoff the car? If not its not a problem as I can remove mine and send it through.

I must have a spare support just that all my spare parts aren't here with me so I should get there first before check'em. In the meatime if you have those bushes off faster than me please let us know, Steve. Thanks.

Cheers,
C.

Q4-Dave
19-10-12, 07:10
I am interested in these bushes as well, Were they ever made??

Steve Webb
19-10-12, 07:33
Not yet, but keep watching this thread. :)

abarth 22
05-11-12, 19:42
hi there!

I yust spot this thread and maybe I got a cheeper solution about thoose bushes.

this bushes fit only from tempra and dedra 4x4 models, NOT from Delta!

i did not try this yet, but it may work.

i bought some bushes for lower arm from older VW cars (such passat, vento, golf 2-3, caddy, seat, until 2001 year) it costed around 8 euros and you can find it in every car parts shop without problems.

so, outer diametar of this bush is 60mm so it fits
but inner diametar is 17mm instead 12mm like alfas bush, so it need one reducing iron bush or someting else to 12mm. i think it's an cheep solution and it may work... i post some pictures of it, and if you Steve need some dimension for powerflex...

abarth 22
05-11-12, 19:48
some more fotos

Steve Webb
10-12-12, 19:13
Cheers for the pics, how well did it all fit back together?

I've got a replacement bracket that should be on its way to Powerflex soon so they can see about making up some replacement bushes.

abarth 22
11-12-12, 06:26
Hi, I didn't put it all back together, but I will send pics when I make it.

AlfaJack
27-04-22, 15:59
Hi, I didn't put it all back together, but I will send pics when I make it.
abarth 22 - I don't suppose you ever did this did you?

I am pretty sure mine is perished. It have been nearly since 10 years since this idea was posted. Glad I found it!

abarth 22
11-10-23, 07:55
abarth 22 - I don't suppose you ever did this did you?

I am pretty sure mine is perished. It have been nearly since 10 years since this idea was posted. Glad I found it!

I didn’t , did you ?

kunev
14-10-23, 15:28
I remember that have seen something about this and succeeded to find it. Here is a link for it from “Alfa Romeo 155 Q4” fb group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/alfa155q4/permalink/10158937998282805/
Here is a screenshot also, for these who are not members and cannot see it

But how good it is and is it durable is questionable.

AlfaJack
17-10-23, 13:05
That is my post. Although I said all is well concerning the bush, it has not solved my problems with terrible engine vibration as yet (but I have only fitted one and I have a couple more ready to go on). I am going to take the gearbox off over the summer. i wonder if something in the clutch has disintegrated.