PDA

View Full Version : R/C Helicopter

AlfaJack
26-10-07, 13:53
Couldn't find the R/C model section.

Anyway, soon I plan to buy my first petrol powered r/c plane.

Looking in the model shop last night I can get a fairly indestructible aerobatic plane with a good engine for a good price.

Got to join the flying club to get the ?5 million insurance cover in case I break anything :deal: :deal:

Any one got experience with these things? :confused:

Steve Webb
26-10-07, 14:02
I'd get down the club first and get their opinion on the plane. They are usually a friendly sort of bunch.
Not got an R/C plane, but have got an old R/C Heli . Still learning to fly it, but when it spools up to take off its bloody scarey!

Steve Webb
26-10-07, 14:07
And try not to do this with it

YouTube - RC B52 bomber crash

Oh and the RC section was merged into this one.

AlfaJack
26-10-07, 15:13
Ooh not good, I fear all time and money down the drain!

Going to go see the club tomorrow, its only 15 mins away.

Learning how to fly or even hover a Helicopter looks soo much more difficult!

AlfaJack
30-12-07, 13:00
I gave up on the idea of the plane. It was a bit expensive with the club membership etc - then obviously I could only fly it at the club and I was not sure how often I could get to use it.

Instead, as a few members of AO have done, I bought one of these:

http://www.kevsracingbits.com/blade-cx2-electric-helicopter-24ghz-i602449.html

I should have it by next week :biggrin:

Trying to post a YouTube like Steve has done above but it just loosed the link - dont know why.
EDIT: It works without the [Y T] and [/Y T} tags around the link.

YouTube - Blade CX2 with Apache Attack Helicopter Body

AlfaJack
30-12-07, 13:02
Going to go see the club tomorrow, its only 15 mins away.

Forgot to mention this was one of my worst ever drives, the journey took 2.5 hours!!! Bloody motorway got closed, not sure why but it wasn't a good day :cry::cry:

Xti
30-12-07, 21:43
Don't be sad Alfajack. It happens sometimes but It's better to be closed from time to time instead of not having a motorway at all. At least not around...

AlfaJack
27-01-09, 21:02
Some pics of my newest acquisition:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/jackhodson/EFlightBlade400?feat=directlink

Please dont ask how much it cost :redface::doh:

I wont be flying it for a while until I get good enough on the simulator...too easy to get wrong..

arjunior45
28-01-09, 14:07
it is not that difficult to fly an r/c heli. First try to learn how to take it off for 15-20 cm and how to land it. then try to go forward at low high 0,5 - 1,0 m. You will see its quite easy. Acrobatic maneuvers will need some more practice and time.
You must brake a coupe of blades in order to learn to fly it. But you can have lot of fun.

Is this the first time you try something rc?

Nick

AlfaJack
28-01-09, 15:42
No, I used to have RC cars, many of them over the years but got rid of them all.

Its the orientation I struggle with - then again, many do. More practice!

Steve Webb
29-01-09, 00:13
My Kyosho Concept 30 (old I know but I likes it) has been down in the garage for a while now. I'm getting the hang of it, but bloody hell does it scare me sometimes.

Luckily only on my 2nd set of blades. The training gear was the best buy I ever made.

Incidently rumor has it the missus has got me one of these for my Birthday,
YouTube - Kyosho Minium

Should be good for a giggle.

AlfaJack
29-01-09, 00:25
Looks fun, I was thinking of one of these:

YouTube - ParkZone Vapor Park Zone isn't as good as it could be