PDA

View Full Version : new ecu

cuore_sportivo_155
25-10-07, 10:50
Anybody here got any experience with megasquirt ecu's? I'm intending to install something like in the link below to my 8v 2.0 to get rid of the afm and to allow the use of a knock sensor.

Are megasquirts usable with the twinspark engine? Both plugs in cilinder one and three fire simultaneous, btw...

http://www.mtechautomotive.co.uk/v3.htm

12x12 tables for the ignition and fuelling, will that be enough? the engine won't run more then 7500 rpm

Steve Webb
25-10-07, 10:56
You might want to take a look around on some of the 4x4 forums they seem to be big users of the Megasquirt and the like.

Just taken a look at that site, and it says you keep your coilpacks, so I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work with a twin spark, it would just need to trigger 2 coil packs instead of 1

WhizzMan
24-03-08, 20:17
I've looked at putting a megasquirt on my 8V and I found out that you need to find an alternate way to drive the idle system that wasn't done when I looked at it. With MS-n-EDIS software you would be able to drive the coilpacks, but if I were you, I'd get some other form of idle control for your throttle if you are pursuing this road.

cuore_sportivo_155
26-03-08, 17:43
I've got the idle con,trol licked, and you can use the standard 3-wire control valve now...

Think I'll be going MS2-extra with a V3 board and with optional knock sensor...