PDA

View Full Version : Chassie modifications for my Q4?

S?r
14-10-07, 12:35
Hello every one!
My first post is all about how i could uppgrade my chassie on my Alfa 155 Q4?

Im looking to make the car a track day car (not driving it on roads)...
And whant to make it as stiff and fast as possible...
Looking after a Coiloverset and swaybars and other modifications...

So please can some one help me whit some links to companys that have any to the car?

On my Porsche 993 i drive Bilstein PSS-9 and on my Audi RS4 i drive ?hlins... On my old Lancia i did have Leda coilovers and i realy like them...
So where could i find some suspension like that to my car?

Allso it looks like non manufactor make swaybars for the car?

Realy need Your help!
Best regards from Sweden!
/Jimmy S?r

cuore_sportivo_155
14-10-07, 16:18
Try whiteline for the swaybars. I believe you can use a standard 155 swaybar foir the front. For the rear you might need a delta integreale swaybar.

Coilovers are available for the front only. the rears will come with springs, shocks and a height adjuster. Try KW or FK.

To make the car really stiff you'll need to weld in a roll cage, not sure which are available though. Modify a tipo/dedra rollcage maybe?

if you want to make the car fast, take a look around this section of the forum, there are some cars here running crazy amounts of HP :)

S?r
14-10-07, 17:10
cuore_sportivo_155: Hello, i know that i could get craxy amounts of horspower (had 3 Lancia Delta EVO and 1 LAncia Delta Intergrale and 1 Fiat Coupe 2,0 16V Turbo and the last Fiat did run 191,46 km/h @ 1/4-mile)...
So the engine work i think i alredy know what to do whit! :)
But i feel like a rookie on the chassie and i have read like 20 threads on this site and a lot of information on the alfa155.org site but need to realy know what to do...

Im going to buy a rollcage in Sweden for the car, becorse im going to use the car all summer at N?rburgring in Germany...
And i realy whant to have a lot of safety then!

As i have read it's the swaybar in front that are the problem!?
Not in the rear...
One owner of a Alfa 155 Q4 in Sweden told me that he did fit the H&R swaybars and that they fitet in the rear 100% but in the fron it was some problems!

Im looking on http://www.madeno.nl/ on the race coilovers, im now that we dont have any coilover in the rear, sorry for not write that way...
My language problems is bad some times, but i understand what You guys say! :)
It's just write that are my problem...
So any more information?
Thanks!
/Jimmy S?r

Brul(tm)
14-10-07, 17:52
Welcome to the forum Jimmy.

If you want to change your suspension, try Intrax (http://www.intraxracing.nl/?lang=EN).
Won't be cheap, but i think they are one of the best available.
Only problem is you probably need to bring the car over to fit the shock absorbers.

And do keep us posted of your changes and progress on the car :cool:

Greetings,
Marc

S?r
14-10-07, 19:16
Brul(tm): Hello!
Thank You for a great link, they did realy look very nice! :)
But do You say that they don't shipp the suspension?
Then i feel that i can forget them, we don't have time for that and feels like it coust more to drive the car down to them then it's wort mayby?

You don't know anything abaut the madeno's race suspension, they did look god if You ask me and had a great price allso! :)

I promise to keep You updated on my car, i going to get the car to the next weekend but have alredy got the clutch, brakes (156 GTA caliper, Coup? disc and Peformencefriction pads whit the Coup? steringrod(? dont remember the name on English)).
And some other products that i shuld put on the car...
Im looking for wheels that are 16" and fit the brakes...
Looks like im runing for Compomotive then i could get 16"x8" so i could get litle wider tyres...
Best regards from Sweden
/Jimmy S?r

Steve Webb
14-10-07, 19:17
Try whiteline for the swaybars. I believe you can use a standard 155 swaybar foir the front. For the rear you might need a delta integreale swaybar.

Just to clear up this one, for the front of the car you need either the 155 Q4 swaybar/ARB or the Dedra Integrale SB/ARB (which is slightly thicker) the standard 2wd versions don't have the hump in the middle of them to clear the propshaft.

Oh and the Intrax stuff looks very very nice.

Failing that koni shocks seem to get used by a load of people, and if you can find them Eibach springs had a good rep.

Leda don't have an off the shelf setup for the Q4, but if you take the car to them so they can measure it, they can make you a set up.

Steve

S?r
14-10-07, 19:47
Steve: Hello!
And thanks for Your answers! :)
Im not taking the car from Sweden, so if the compnay don't have anything redy (tested and redy for trackdays) or don't whant to send to me then i take it from another company...

Does the rear swaybar fit from the 155 series? :)
Thanks!
/Jimmy S?r