PDA

View Full Version : intermitent stutter

sub555
06-10-07, 21:23
when driving my car sometimes between 4 -5000 rpm the car stammers like its holding back and then other times its fine ive changed the crank positioning sensor and decatted it someone mentioned it could be the thermostat sensor ???? any help please

colibry
07-10-07, 20:14
i have same problem... by boost drops when over 5000rpm... filing like turbo is dead..or like electrical cutoff. trying to solve this problem quite along time now... i think its fuel pump.. not good pressure.... i think.. need to measure with instrument.

sub555
08-10-07, 20:05
welll i think it may have been a sign of the turbo on the way out as it finaly went bang today

the car started bailing smoke out the exhaust and the boost was intermitant managed to get the car back but looks like the turbo has hd it can anyone recomend a good turbo to replace it with either uprated or standard

sub555
18-10-07, 17:03
well it turns out the turbo is fine my dad had over filled the oil and the spark plugs had failed which caused the missfire so new plugs orderd oil changed and drained and it runs sweet as a nut !!!! and fast now i have full power

AlfaJack
18-10-07, 18:07
:cool: Good and cheap!