PDA

View Full Version : Powerflex bushes

jimnielsen
08-09-07, 08:16
While taking bits off the front of the car replace the clutch, I have noticed that one of the bushes on the front wishbones is pretty much had it,

www.nielsen.org/alfa155Q4/wishbone.jpg

so I may as well replace them all while I am at it. Has anybody tried the powerflex bushes for the front of a Q4? Are they worth the 100 Euro ?

JimN

AlfaJack
08-09-07, 09:16
Not experienced them but I think you would be hard pushed to actually feel a difference as a driver. But on the plus side the bushes will never wear out - but the ball joint will - so you would have to swap the bushes to the new wishies if the ball joint does fail.

Over here new wishbones are ?15 a side, so thats what I ordered yesterday :)

AlfaJack
08-09-07, 09:17
Are they worth the 100 Euro ?

JimN

They were ?100 when I checked the other day!:mad:

jimnielsen
08-09-07, 11:48
sorry! I meant pounds!! Do the 15 pound (sorry no pound symbol on the keys over here...) wishbones come complete with bushes and ball joints? Would you recommend them over the poly bushes...?

JimN..

AlfaJack
08-09-07, 12:17
sorry! I meant pounds!! Do the 15 pound (sorry no pound symbol on the keys over here...) wishbones come complete with bushes and ball joints? Would you recommend them over the poly bushes...?

JimN..

Yes, they come complete - I have never driven a car with poly bushes so I could not compare. But I dont know if the driver could really feel the improvement. We are talking about such small difference in the amount it can reduce the flex. In my view they will be better by the fact that they will last longer - but then there is the ball joint that can also fail!

Here is a thread I started on alfa155.org:
http://alfa155.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12234&highlight=powerflex

wrinx
08-09-07, 12:43
I think drivers can tell the difference, turn-in is supposed to be sharper.

It will also feel harder, the rear of our Spider is less flexible now.

wrinx

AlfaJack
08-09-07, 13:45
I remember when Cream put them on he wasnt overly impressed. I guess the best way to know is to try it :)

wrinx
08-09-07, 19:27
Yeah, I remember that...but others have noticed so I guess it's down to personal preference :D

wrinx

cuore_sportivo_155
09-09-07, 05:43
and wheel alignment...