PDA

View Full Version : eBay rules question

Steve Webb
03-09-07, 08:36
Not a listing for anything on eBay but a question. Have eBay changed the rules recently regarding listings.

I've seen a couple of these type ads pop up recently. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/alfa-romeo-1-8-twinspark-WHEEL-NUT-Car-Breaking_W0QQitemZ320152596422QQihZ011QQcategoryZ1 0370QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem They are advertising a car for breaking, but if you read the listing, and the title, all they are actually advertising is a wheel nut. Have some car dealers/breakers been stung recently?

wrinx
03-09-07, 22:15
Far as I recall ebay isn't supposed to be used for adverts so the dealers have to be selling something...hence the wheel nut or other small valueless part.

But really it's a cheap way of advertising ones wares...its borderline though!

wrinx

arjunior45
04-09-07, 06:49
wrinx is right,
you can sell anything in ebay, even one bold, and it is a "clever" way to advertise your {not realy 'your'} shop spending no money at all.
But, from the other hand, this might be helpfull to someone looking for a certain spare part. Don't you think?

As far as I know, this kind of listing is something that goes on for quite a long time now.

Cheers

Nick

Steve Webb
04-09-07, 16:12
Cheers guys, I've seen similar ads before, starting at ?0.01 for parts off a car being broken. But this is the first time I've seen things like wheel nuts in the title. Just wondered if eBay were tightening up their controls. I remember a while ago they banned links in ads, but seem ok with them again now.