PDA

View Full Version : Its that time of the year again...

Steve Webb
29-08-07, 08:17
When I start hankering over a 75. I guess its because I just read an article about a car with a Harvey Bailey handling kit on it. Originally I fancied a 75 turbo, but after some thought, I'm coming round to the idea of a tuned 2.0L 8v . 140bhp as standard, but what are the possibilities for this engine? How difficult would it be to get it to 200bhp Not sure why I want to get another one, but I wish i hadn't got rid of the last one.

Someone talk me out of it.

AlfaJack
29-08-07, 09:54
The 2.0 8V doesn't strike me as an easy engine to tune up. I think for an extra 60bhp, good starting point would be some funky cams, and maybe throttle bodies...I guess you don't want a turbo as on a RWD car like that it could cause the back end to fly out unpredictably? How about a supercharger project for its smoother power delivery?:tasty::tasty::tasty:

cuore_sportivo_155
29-08-07, 17:46
cams on a 8v are worthless, because you loose the variator and thus power below 6k rpm. decat, new manifolds, head porting, lightening the flywheel, balancing the engine and 11:1 pistons with 0.5 mm headskim finished off with a custom remap will get you about 200 Bhp. It's what I'm supposed to be doing to my 155 but haven't gpt time between 2 jobs and a family...

about the cams, take a look here... http://www.squadra-tuning.nl/NL/nokkenassen/CB_20_TS.html

Steve Webb
31-08-07, 12:55
Just landed another contract round here so it looks like I might have some cash to put towards a 75. Thats if nothing on the Q4 goes wrong.

Steve Webb
31-08-07, 12:57
cams on a 8v are worthless, because you loose the variator and thus power below 6k rpm. decat, new manifolds, head porting, lightening the flywheel, balancing the engine and 11:1 pistons with 0.5 mm headskim finished off with a custom remap will get you about 200 Bhp. It's what I'm supposed to be doing to my 155 but haven't gpt time between 2 jobs and a family...

about the cams, take a look here... http://www.squadra-tuning.nl/NL/nokkenassen/CB_20_TS.html

Ouu I take it those figures are for a cam upgrade taken in isolation. Looks like the head is the limiting factor on an 8v, needs opening up somewhat I think.

cuore_sportivo_155
01-09-07, 06:02
you're limited with that also, the port size can be made about a mm larger without going to larger valves (good luck finding!).

they really benefit from a better exhaust... manifold, decat and remap should get you +30 bhp...