PDA

View Full Version : This weekend...

wrinx
27-08-07, 00:35
...what's everyone been up to?

I spent thursday/friday fitting Eibach suspension to my JTD Sportwagon, it looks :cool: now :tasty:...along with upper wishbones and a CV boot I found when dismantling the suspension :doh:

So, after the previous few days labours we went out on saturday to a local historic house....today (sunday) has been a lazy day apart from tinkering with Q4s airbox.

Suspension....
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/wrinx/Hosted/SP_A0381.jpg

Belvoir Castle, Nottinghamshire...
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/wrinx/Hosted/AI_day_190807008Medium.jpg

What about you lot?

wrinx

Steve Webb
27-08-07, 07:32
Saturday was spent as per a normal Saturday in the summer, cleaning up after the last guests and getting ready for the new ones. Then down to the airport to meet some friends who are over for the week. Few drinks and a rather nice Davidoff #2 Cigar.
Sunday was spent fixing the fuel level sender in the Range Rover. Being a 3.9 V8, the fuel gauge is pretty much the most important gauge. Would have got pics, but was just a tad nervous using anything electrical when sat on top of an open container of 80+ litres of unleaded. Especially in 30+ degree heat.

Today, I'm hoping to get the Q4 dusted off and get it out for a spin, maybe head off down to the local karting place Here (http://www.bergerac-karting.com/index.htm)

Oh and give the scrumpy a stir as well :tasty:

AlfaJack
27-08-07, 10:07
Saturday was spent washing, t-cutting, clay barring and waxing the Q4 - A job I utterly hate with a passion - to make matters worse I promised the missus I would do a similar job on her Polo - the paint was like a matt finish - took some efforts and my arms still acke today.

Yesterday we took a picnic down to Teston canal, lovely day, and got to see a couple of boats get put through the lock system :D As for Bank holiday today, not sure what im doing yet - got woken up by a bloke down the road with the worlds noisiest Cobra!!! I think he is trying to tune his carbs.

Steve Webb
27-08-07, 11:59
As for Bank holiday today, not sure what im doing yet - got woken up by a bloke down the road with the worlds noisiest Cobra!!! I think he is trying to tune his carbs.

Did it sound anything like this one. Make sure you watch until the end.

YouTube - Genuine AC Cobra at Bergerac concours

wrinx
27-08-07, 12:21
What did he win...a new exhaust pipe? :rolleyes:

wrinx

AlfaJack
27-08-07, 12:28
The one here sounds just as loud but a bit deeper

AlfaJack
28-08-07, 09:48
..and to finish off yesterday, took a trip to Ikea in Croydon (surprisingly little traffic considering its Bank Holiday), bought a big old cabinet, straight in the Q4 it went (well about a foot of it was sticking out of the window.
Then nearly broke my back lifting a 28" CRT TV and choking on dust behind the old TV stand:rolleyes::rolleyes: Almost glad to be at work today!:redface:

q4fatboy
30-08-07, 12:08
Some would say I already have too many Alfas, Sarah my partner does regularly.

But the offer of a time warp 116 Giulietta was too good to turn down. A late 84 1.8RS with the same owner for the last 20 years in damn near perfect condition. A few minor spots near the after market roof but otherwise excellent.

A trip up to Lancashire to collect on Saturday and a gentle drive back on Sunday. Reading through the documentation it has only done 258 miles between an MOT in 2004 and the new MOT it sailed through last week. Sadly I suspect the owner died and the car has sat in garage whilst someone thinks what to do with it.

Well it was scheduled for a gentle fettle to bring it back to life, some of the rubber bushes look very dry and it has a bit of a steering wheel wobble, but the Q4 feeling poorly has pushed this work forward so that it can carry out some of the day to day mileage.

Steve Webb
31-08-07, 12:32
I've always thought that the 116 Giulietta looks abit like a smaller version of the 75. Nice rare car that. So how good is it? And lets have some pics please.

wrinx
31-08-07, 12:45
Mmm, pics....:)

Hoping to be doing more suspension this weekend...on the Q4 :)

wrinx

Steve Webb
31-08-07, 12:54
Well the weekend starts early for me, just out of a meeting so its time to dust the Q4 off and finally get down to the karting place for a couple of blasts round the track. In a kart not the Q4.

wrinx
31-08-07, 14:21
:cool::tasty:

Can you get pics too?

wrinx