PDA

View Full Version : Suspension group buy.

Steve Webb
06-07-07, 08:17
As has been mentioned on another thread, there seem to be a few people who are now in the market for new suspension. Does anyone else think it worthwhile to talk to one of the manufacturers with regards to a group discount?
I'm not sure if you can still get Koni's as they stopped 155 production last year I think. But I contacted Intrax last year and they have a full kit for the Q4. Here are the mails I got from them

Yes we have the requested items in our programm.
The Q4 is a little different but we can make it.
Top mounts we have in stock.
Pricing for the RSA type front shocks including springs is €1300,-- / set.
Topmounts are €125,-- each.
See for our website at page http://www.intraxracing.nl/?cat=productpage&id=415&title=RSA&lang=EN for more information.
The dampers will be the steel monotube pressurised version.
Delivery time 2 > 3 weeks after order.

I also spoke with Leda about getting a suspension kit for the Q4, they said they could do it but would need a car to measure first.

So what do people think on all that lot?

sub555
06-07-07, 14:51
sounds good but what if you only want the shocks is that another option ??? but apart from that thats a great idea steve 8) 8) 8) 8)

Steve Webb
06-07-07, 15:13
I'm not sure their shocks would work with other standard 155/Q4 springs as the RSA units seem to be a bespoke type solution.

http://www.intraxracing.nl/UserFiles/File/StudioOpiferFotos/Groot_800x540/1K2_McPh_45mm_Camb_PLate_prod4_wit.jpg

I guess we need one of the Dutch contingent to give them a shout and find out all the ins and outs.

Brul(tm)
06-07-07, 17:08
The Intrax solution is only useable with their own spring.
The make spings for the standard of Koni dampers. That's what I have at the moment.

I don't know the RSA set and if this is the set i'm looking for.
I know someone overhere who has a special set fitted, which required some major adjustments. But is fully adjustable in a noumber of ways.

I also think you should only consider this setup if you're very serious.
It wil be a lot stiffer than original or the Koni dampers with lowering springs. But in return, you get a car with very nice handling :P

Depending on the time frame and pricing i might be interested.
But of course, I want to find out if this set is the same as the one I experienced in a car from someone I know.

Greetings,
Marc

P.S. If the questions are grouped I could contact them with al your questions and find some more anwsers.

stealthmannen
06-07-07, 17:38
I have a Q4 that i´m driving in the Alfa Challenge series here in Sweden. I started with Koni dampers and Eibach springs but that is not for serious car driving. I know mounted the FKKÖNIG SPORT and tried it now for one race. What a difference. They relly work nice togheter with thicker antiroll bars. The quality seems to be very high and the price is really nice.
FKKÖNIG SPORT (http://20054-fk-automotive.imosnet.de)

I also tried INTRAX on another car a couple of years ago and they also feelt like a "high quality product". Never tested them on track though.

Just a tip... :D

edited to activate the link :wink:

Brul(tm)
06-07-07, 17:44
I also tried INTRAX on another car a couple of years ago and they also feelt like a "high quality product".

Intrax earned their credits/name just from the racing scene ;)
That is their core business. Intrax is also a very small company what only deals with suspension, so there is a lot of knowledge and experience :P

Greetings,
Marc

Steve Webb
06-07-07, 23:18
I have a Q4 that i´m driving in the Alfa Challenge series here in Sweden. I started with Koni dampers and Eibach springs but that is not for serious car driving. I know mounted the FKKÖNIG SPORT and tried it now for one race. What a difference. They relly work nice togheter with thicker antiroll bars. The quality seems to be very high and the price is really nice.
FKKÖNIG SPORT (http://20054-fk-automotive.imosnet.de)

I also tried INTRAX on another car a couple of years ago and they also feelt like a "high quality product". Never tested them on track though.

Just a tip... :D

edited to activate the link :wink:

Did FKKÖNIG produce the kit for you specially, or is it one they provide off the shelf? I've had a look at their website and can't see anything Q4 related.

Steve

155'Ringman
06-07-07, 23:45
Yeah, saw that too. Luckily there are koni fronts on the Q4 dunno what is on the rears but they look a wee bit rusty although they appear to be working OK. Thinking of a set of FK's for the V6 though... :wink:

Brul(tm)
07-07-07, 00:42
Suspension for the Q4 and V6 are the same, so the FK set should fit.
Not entirly sure for the rear, because of the extra weight.

Greetings,
Marc

Steve Webb
07-07-07, 07:45
Suspension for the Q4 and V6 are the same, so the FK set should fit.
Not entirly sure for the rear, because of the extra weight.

Greetings,
Marc

Are they the same? I thought they were similar but different. But if someone is using a V6 setup and is happy with it, then that will do for me.

AlfaJack
07-07-07, 10:30
I like the idea of a group buy but it will be a lot more money than I am honestly willing to spend - I just need new front shocks for mine

Brul(tm)
08-07-07, 00:13
Are they the same?

According to the spare part list, shokabsorbers are exactly the same.
Part number is a match. I'm not sure about the springs, so there might be a problem. V6 has a heavyer engine than the Q4 and the Q4 is heavyer at the back.

I didn't have time to verify it on the Eper parts DVD, but i'm sure it wil say the same.

Greetings,
Marc

wrinx
08-07-07, 00:13
Agree with Jack, too rich for my blood...although liking the group buy idea in principle ;)

Can anyone give a definitive answer about the Q4/V6 springs debate?

wrinx

Steve Webb
08-07-07, 08:52
Ok here are all the part numbers for the suspensions for Q4's and V6's. From an old Eper but that shouldn't matter.

Q4

Front Shock
60565282/60565284 > £450 each :shock: :shock:
60570045 > £120

Front Spring
60540010 or 60560945 @ £40 each

Rear shock
60542660 > £400 each :shock: :shock:
60540772 > £75

Rear Spring
60570168 > £35

V6

Front Shock
60565282/60565284 > £450 each :shock: :shock:
60562929 > £100

Front Spring
60540010 > £40
60560945 >£35

Rear Shock
60500393 > £50
60559647 / 6055948 > £420

Rear Spring
60560946 > £27
60599932 > £26
60618685 > £35

Like I said the eper I use is old so the prices will be out of date, but should give an idea of the price difference between the regular shocks and the electronic ones.

Also it seems that at the front the Q4 and V6 share the components for the electronic suspension, but at the rear they don't share anything. Which kind of makes sense, as the Q4 is going to be significantly heavier than any other 155 at the rear due to the rear diff/prop and half shafts.

Steve

AlfaJack
08-07-07, 10:26
Cheers for clearing that one up nicely :D

wrinx
08-07-07, 13:17
Mmm, just been on the Motosport.co.uk website and Koni (according to them) do shock for the V6/Q4 and the rears are shared by all models :roll:

A complete Koni Sport spring and shocks package can be had for less than buying the shock separately....£450.

If I've read it correctly....

Also found a set of GTS springs and shocks for just over half that, anyone heard of them?

wrinx

Steve Webb
08-07-07, 13:48
Here is a grab from the FK catalogue (http://20054-fk-automotive.imosnet.de/data01/en/katalog.php),

http://www.berlinasportivo.com/forumpics/FK.jpg

If the V6 stuff does indeed work on the rear, then they do a kit ranging from €699 (£475) to €1019 (£690) which seems very good value when you consider the list price of a single front shock.

Wrinx , not heard of GTS springs before, and have you checked that the Konis are still available? I thought I heard they were stopping 155 production.

Oh and I mailed FK to ask if they do a specific kit for the Q4, and whether they would like to offer a discount :lol:

Steve :lol:

wrinx
08-07-07, 15:13
Nope, not checked they're still available, just showing on MSW website.

The FK price is good too...if they fit :D

This is all very confusing!

wrinx

Brul(tm)
08-07-07, 18:22
This is all very confusing!

Not for me.....

The only suspension upgrade i will do, is from Intrax 8)
No compromise in quality and i know the effect from a Q4 with a set from Inrax...... that's so different ;)

Greetings,
Marc

Steve Webb
11-07-07, 17:19
Right, got an email back from FK suspension saying they don't do coilovers for the 155 Q4, so stealthmannen, which kit have you got on the car? Have you got part numbers from FK?

Steve

j1v
06-11-07, 22:54
I'm in a desperate need of help about suspension upgrade. What have you guys done with yours ? Somebody ordered from intrax or fk ???

pitucas
07-11-07, 01:09
My 155 Q4 is in the urgent need of a complete upgrade of suspension.

The Intrax system seems to be a very good solution so, i'm very interested in that group buy.

What would be the cost of a complete solution (front and rear, springs and dampers)?

And another question...

My suspension is the electronic one. Could I mount the original simple suspension on my car? Does the Intrax RSA solution substitute my actual suspension?

jimnielsen
07-11-07, 01:26
I am also interested in a group buy for suspension components - either partial or full - as my car still has all the original components. I would prefer Intrax too....

JimN~

RMB-Racing
07-11-07, 08:29
If the price is the right one, i?m on too, on a complete set!

Steve Webb
07-11-07, 08:33
Looks like this has come round at the right time. I think I have finally convinced myself to get the intrax full set, not sure whether to go for the top mounts as well though.

So who else wants what?

And I'll check on the price again, and what taxes are involved.

jimnielsen
07-11-07, 11:21
Um.. I'd like a complete front and rear set up including springs, shocks and adjustable top mounts. I'll have the anti roll bars made here though.

JimN

pitucas
07-11-07, 11:23
Top mouns also for me and the complete set...

Ask for taxes and shipping costs for Portugal, please...

And... many thanks

RMB-Racing
07-11-07, 11:51
l will also go with a complete front and rear set up including springs, shocks and adjustable top mounts.

Also with taxes and shipping costs for Denmark.

Again, if the price is the right one - unfortuanlly i?m not a millionare! :cry:

And thumps up, for the good innitiative!

Steve Webb
07-11-07, 12:14
Ok guys I'll get onto Intrax and ask for prices, just to make sure, are all the cars narrow bodied cars?

I'll let you all know when I get a reply from them.

RMB-Racing
07-11-07, 12:22
just to make sure, are all the cars narrow bodied cars?

Mine is a narrow body!

j1v
07-11-07, 18:01
what is the price of the coilover setup ?

P.S.: I saw the price on the first page sorry ( 1300 euros)
is that the price for a group by or for a single kit.

Steve Webb
07-11-07, 19:06
Hi, still waiting for a reply back from Intrax, the ?1300 price was for a single kit, I've asked if there would be a discount for a group buy.

j1v
07-11-07, 20:05
sorry for the offtopic but what do u think for these compared to konis, and which will eventually fit the Q4?

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=49515
http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=49536

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=49535
http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=49514

j1v
07-11-07, 20:11
there is a set with springs too

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=54363

pitucas
08-11-07, 01:50
Mine is a narrow bodied 155 Q4, yes!

RMB-Racing
08-11-07, 10:14
sorry for the offtopic but what do u think for these compared to konis, and which will eventually fit the Q4?

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=49515
http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=49536

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=49535
http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=49514

These Bilstein dampers are not to compare with the koni?s.

The Koni dampers are adjustebable, these are not!

The Bilsteins would be a good alternativ for the original dampers, but nothing more.

Steve Webb
08-11-07, 20:03
Right, got a reply back from Intrax today with a query as to whether the suspension will be for Street or Track use, am I correct in saying that you all need it for street use?

Let me know asap if you can please.

Steve

RMB-Racing
08-11-07, 20:12
Right, got a reply back from Intrax today with a query as to whether the suspension will be for Street or Track use, am I correct in saying that you all need it for street use?

Let me know asap if you can please.

Steve

Track days and some club rallying - and of cause a little street as well.

It?s my transportation vehicle during the week, and my racecar for fun during the weekends! :smile:

If there arent any difference in the price, I?l go for det set to track use.

jimnielsen
08-11-07, 20:23
Hi, mine is a skinny, but its only used for the rack (i have to take it on a trailer) so I would like full-on race spec equipment.

JimN ~

j1v
08-11-07, 20:45
I still don't know ... let them tell prices for both options

Steve Webb
08-11-07, 22:05
Cheers for the feedback guys, I'll pass them on to Intrax and see what they come back with.

Steve Webb
13-11-07, 09:50
Intrax are being a little slow on this guys, I'll give them another prod to see what the prices are.

pitucas
17-11-07, 23:41
Any news about this, Steve?

Steve Webb
29-11-07, 10:38
I'm trying to hook up with Intrax on the phone at the moment to go through what we need. They are a bit more thorough than most suspension companies.

Steve

markgq4
25-12-07, 22:51
Did you get anywhere with this steve?

I would also be interested in a set of these for track use,
but its really the wrong time of year just now for me to shell out a thousand pounds+

jimnielsen
29-12-07, 21:27
Hi. Does anybody know of an "off the shelf" supplier of a thicker FRONT anti roll bar (than standard) for the Q4?

Thanks, JimN~

markgq4
30-12-07, 12:00
Hi. Does anybody know of an "off the shelf" supplier of a thicker FRONT anti roll bar (than standard) for the Q4?

Thanks, JimN~

is whiteline no good?

these have arb`s but they arent cheap...
http://www.madeno.nl/nl/tuning_frames.html

"wegligging" is suspension stuff.

alfista_AR
03-01-08, 14:25
I'm trying to hook up with Intrax on the phone at the moment to go through what we need. They are a bit more thorough than most suspension companies.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I was following these thread because I like to buy suspension kit too, but as probably you know I'm in the other side of the world and with Argentinian pesos not Pounds!!!, then I had to look for alternatives (for example the inox exhaust manifold at 1/3 price of superturismo!!!)
I'm in contact with a maker of sport suspensions and what he need to customize special shocks and springs is the sizes of the stock ones.
May be you guys have the springs long., wire diameter, and shock sizes (diameter, long. extended and long. compressed) it will help me a lot and if there are pictures better.
If everything going well we can have special adjustable dampers made in 6061 T6 and progressive springs at half price of other.

Dario.

jimnielsen
04-01-08, 21:23
Hi. The complete specifications for the springs can be found in the FRENCH language manual on starting on page 575. Its in the tech section. The translation to English is obvious enough, I can help if you have problems. JimN.

alfista_AR
05-01-08, 02:45
Hi. The complete specifications for the springs can be found in the FRENCH language manual on starting on page 575. Its in the tech section. The translation to English is obvious enough, I can help if you have problems. JimN.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the information.
I've already checked the manual but if you look at the specs, seems that are for front suspension only but for two different models of Q4.
It doesn't show information about springs or shocks for rear.

Anyway I will receive an answer soon from the guys that will make the suspension kit, they have already built kits for Lancia Integrale EVO I and II, but as mentioned for other guys on this forum that kit doesn't fit on the Q4.

The end of the story could be a suspension kit of four adjustable shocks with springs for around u$s 700 or 800, may be less.

alfista_AR
08-01-08, 12:45
Hi Guys,

As mentioned before on the same thread there's a company that is able to produce suspension kits for 155 Q4.
They are www.d2racingsport.com and are willing to customize special kits to fit into our loved Q4.
But they wanted to know how many kits are needed, as this is a special requirement they have to develop and design specially for Us.
This happened to with guys from Italy that wanted to have suspension kits for the Lancia Delta, they called D2 and the engineers customized special kits for Deltas, but they bought 10 kits.

If you want I can give you (Steve or who's interested) the contact information to talk directly with D2 guys.

Brul(tm)
08-01-08, 22:55
But they wanted to know how many kits are needed, as this is a special requirement they have to develop and design specially for Us.

Sounds great, but what set are we talking about? And also good to know, does everybody want the same set? What's the expected price for a suspension set?

I am looking for a compleet adjustable set, something like this one:
http://www.d2racingsport.com/images/products/shock_a05.jpg

For now Intrax seems to be the best solution for me, it's in the Netherlands what makes it much easier to negotiate and talk about the possibilities. And they can fit it on my car and explain everything in person.

Greetings,
Marc

Stuntz
09-01-08, 11:53
can i say something fully adujstable suspension is for race cars and if there is no pre made setup you will have a hell of a lot work on getting it to simply work. I worked in rally and there is no chance inhell that i put this on my q4

alfista_AR
09-01-08, 13:50
can i say something fully adujstable suspension is for race cars and if there is no pre made setup you will have a hell of a lot work on getting it to simply work. I worked in rally and there is no chance inhell that i put this on my q4

Yes Stuntz, you're right that kit is used for race purpose only. D2 have three or four lines of products, there's one called street standard that can be used for normal drive but with 36 different regulations you can improve the behavior of the car for a track day.

They sent me the list price of all the models that they produce and starts from u$s 385 to
u$s 595 for kit composed of 4 shocks + 4 springs.

Xti
04-03-08, 13:51
I've found these Koni shocks (positions 16 and 17), but will they fit ? They say "for all Alfa 155"...

http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/Alfa-155/Suspensions:::1_9_59.html

Xti
04-03-08, 17:41
Just got an answer from them: "there is nothing on suspensionparts for the Q4.
Too seldom this car."

Sorry...

Chris

RMB-Racing
04-03-08, 23:23
Have you all read this tread?

http://forum.berlinasportivo.org/showthread.php?t=959

Just for info!

Xti
05-03-08, 07:29
Oops, I have to admit I missed the last posts on this one.
Thanks for the info Ronnie.

Cheers,
Chris