PDA

View Full Version : Evocars chip!

Steve Webb
17-05-07, 21:55
Right, I was always under the impression that the evocars chip needed the fuel pressure turned up to 3 bar. Whilst working on the car today I checked fuel pressure and looked at the regulator, the regulator still had the cover over the adjustment screw, and the fuel pressure was 2.5 bar. The chip was fitted by Evocars, and setup on a rolling road by them, so it must be ok. Anyone else got one of their chips, either fitted by them or supplied with fitting instructions?

Going to be going back for the CT retest tomorrow hopefully so want to make sure the fuel pressure is back to normal, if it ever was changed!

Steve

21-05-07, 08:13
Did you measure fuel pressure with engine running or not? I assume you know how it should be, but for most other cars fuel pressure is specified with engine running and at idle speed fuel pressure is decreased by approximately 0.5 bar.

I have used the evocars chip and the instructions says 3 bar. The fuel map is similar to the Evo 2 fuel map and the Evo 2 runs on 3 bar. Also rememember that 2.5 bar on a 3 bar fuel map means only 9% less flow, which will be corrected be the ECU....

/A

Steve Webb
21-05-07, 11:06
The workshop manual specifies that the fuel pressure should be checked only by turning the key to the MAR position a couple of times, not by running the engine.
And when i was back in London and used to visit the old Evocars on a saturday morning they only ever used to check fuel pressure with the engine off.

Anyway the car passed the CT, which was the purpose of turning the fuel pressure back to standard. So i'll be leaving it alone. I will be looking for an adaptor so i can get a fuel pressure gauge in the proper place though.

Steve