PDA

View Full Version : CT Time.

Steve Webb
15-05-07, 19:56
Finally got my arse in gear after all this time and took the Q4 to get its CT. No pass, but not that much to do. Headlights were set too high, which turned out to be a wire adrift from the headlight hight adjuster switch. Doh!!! And the exhaust has a couple of holes in the flexi pipe, bugger! Also it seems that France doesn't have the emissions loophole that the UK does. So the old exhaust with Cats is going to have to go back on. (For a little while at least.)

Lots of corrosion underneath as well. So I guess I'll be under there with the hammerite and underseal this summer.

Hopefully it should all be sorted by next week though.

Steve

AlfaJack
15-05-07, 22:17
And the exhaust has a couple of holes in the flexi pipe

Join the club, not entirely sure how I am going to fix mine yet, has yours got a 'grale pipe?

Brul(tm)
15-05-07, 23:30
Join the club, not entirely sure how I am going to fix mine yet, has yours got a 'grale pipe?

He, no cutting in line! please ;)
Mine is also deteriorating and am thinking of what to replace it with.
Think it will be a custom created option.

Greetings,
Marc

AlfaJack
15-05-07, 23:35

He, no cutting in line! please ;)
Mine is also deteriorating and am thinking of what to replace it with.
Think it will be a custom created option.

Greetings,
Marc

:lol: I wonder how much power we are loosing :?

I have measured them up, I think I will cut out the old pipes and get some new ones from the motor factors, but there isnt a lot of room to weld :(

Brul(tm)
15-05-07, 23:39
:lol: I wonder how much power we are loosing :?

You mean the increase of power ;)

I'm thinking of replacing the default pipe with at least a 70mm diameter one and decat it. If it sounds okay, otherwise the cats will be back. Don't want to loose the deep dark sound I've got right now 8) (approxematly 92 dB at the moment :roll: )

Greetings,
Marc

Steve Webb
17-05-07, 22:00
Cats went back on todays, to try and get the car through its CT. Well when I say cats, I mean the hole bloody system, apart from the back box. Pain in the arse big time. And I must say after a short blast to clean them out (they have been stored for 4 years at least) can't seem to tell any difference in performance.

pavs
17-05-07, 22:03
Good luck :wink:

Steve Webb
18-05-07, 15:53
It Passed!!!! Wooo hooo!!!

Just need to go down now and sort the paper work out, then French plates here I come.

AlfaJack
18-05-07, 17:10
Nice one!

I am going to see an MOT station tomorrow about the emissions palaver I seem to go through each year - I need that loophole!

arjunior45
18-05-07, 17:52
It Passed!!!! Wooo hooo!!!

Just need to go down now and sort the paper work out, then French plates here I come.

Congratulations

wrinx
18-05-07, 21:14
Nice one!

I am going to see an MOT station tomorrow about the emissions palaver I seem to go through each year - I need that loophole!

Let us know how you get on, I've got this to do in September although mine has a cat on afaik, after Bug experienced some problems passing the test!

wrinx

AlfaJack
19-05-07, 16:28
I went to two stations, both agreed with the statement but neither were willing to look it up on the system as they were too busy. I will try again when I am off on Tuesday :)

155'Ringman
19-05-07, 23:12
What's this loophole thingy.. :? Is it age related (..around '93)?

Mine is '95 :(

Steve Webb
19-05-07, 23:28
the loophole is basically if your car was registered pre july 95, AND doesn't appear on the MOT testers list of cars, you can get away with the non cat test limits for emissions.

I posted an excert from the DVLA website somewhere, I'll try to find it.