PDA

View Full Version : Turbo overhaul

wrinx
05-05-07, 23:18
I fancy doing this myself....anyone done their's?

Ebay do a few T3 rebuild kits for about £60-80, some genuine Garrett, others not.

I think mine is blowing oil past the seals which is why I've got oil in the steel intake tube :roll:

Any tips...or should I just buy one off the shelf?

wrinx

Steve Webb
07-05-07, 09:01
I think the answer to this is get the turbo off open it up and see what the general condition of the impellers and casings are. Rebuild kits are supposed to be straightforward to use so you shouldn't have any problem with them, so long as the shaft/impeller/casing are all in ok condition.
Oh and I'd go for a garrett one if at all possible.

Steve

wrinx
07-05-07, 19:11
Thanks, yes I've read that rebuilding a turbo can be a DIY job...but one man's DIY job is another's nightmare :D

Might have a play...

wrinx

wrinx
19-05-07, 23:14
Ok, checked the hoses again and I reckon the turbo definitely needs some work...loadsa oil in the pipes and metal canister :roll:

wrinx

155'Ringman
19-05-07, 23:22
Be interested in how this works out if you try it. I reckon the main issue will be siezed nuts due to the heat. Best of luck. :wink:

wrinx
19-05-07, 23:24
Sent an email to one of the kit vendors, see what they say :D

wrinx

Steve Webb
19-05-07, 23:32
Be interested in how this works out if you try it. I reckon the main issue will be siezed nuts due to the heat. Best of luck. :wink:

So long as you take your time and stay away from nylon Y-fronts you should be ok. :roll:

wrinx
19-05-07, 23:33
:lol:

wrinx