PDA

View Full Version : Minor upgrades?

wrinx
08-04-07, 22:04
When I finally get the beast and it's turbo working I'd like to fit a dump valve, decat pipe and chip.

What are your recommendations?

wrinx

Brul(tm)
08-04-07, 22:13
fit a dump valve

Forge FMDV004 - Dual Piston Ram Dump Valve (http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMDV004)

decat pipe
Think you need to fabricate your own.

chip
I would say Squadra, but I read on a other forum you don't want to use RON98 petrol. It will run on RON95, but is not recomended.

Greetings,
Marc

wrinx
08-04-07, 22:15
Yes, I'd rather run on 95 as 98 was hard to find round here, and very expensive...are Superchips still going???

wrinx

Brul(tm)
08-04-07, 22:18
...are Superchips still going???

The normal Sqaudra chip can still be orded, the combi-prom like mine isn't available anymore.

Greetings,
Marc

markgq4
09-04-07, 10:13
i have a bailey piston dump valve,
de-cat is indeed home made, as mentioned.
and mine has the evo-eng chip which may be still available as Jack has mentioned the garage is up and running again now.

AlfaJack
09-04-07, 12:01
i have a bailey piston dump valve,
de-cat is indeed home made, as mentioned.
and mine has the evo-eng chip which may be still available as Jack has mentioned the garage is up and running again now.

He isnt really in to chips right now at the new Evo's - but I guess it wouldnt hurt to ask if his 'grale man wants to start the trade in those up again :)

q4fatboy
10-04-07, 06:46
Forge dump valve, custom made catless exhaust and Squadra chip have transformed my car. It is now everything it should be.

It will run 95 RON feul with no major problem but I tend to run it on 98 which I found smoother even befroe the mods.

Just do what suits you and enjoy

wrinx
10-04-07, 08:39
Thanks guys, the two votes for the forge DV :D

Turns out I'm already Squadra'd so that saves a few pennies :D

The car has a single downpipe, which is good, and a little cat...it's half the size of "normal" cats (racing cat?) but I'll have that out once I've confirmed the MOT story ;) :D

wrinx

wrinx
10-04-07, 09:00
Quick question...single or double piston dump valve?

wrinx

Steve Webb
10-04-07, 09:21
The car seemsot have a single downpipe, which is good, and a little cat...it's half the size of "normal" cats (racing cat?) but I'll have that out once I've confirmed the MOT story ;) :D

wrinx

The MOT thing is written in DVLA doctrine so you'll be fine, and the small cat in the downpipe is a pre-cat. Its in addition to the two cats under the car. So yes the Q4 has 3 cats + 3 silencer boxes, so not a restrictive system at all.
An Integrale Evo2 downpipe can be modified to fit the route under the engine and comes minus the pre-cat.

Steve

wrinx
10-04-07, 09:25
Right, interesting...3!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll have that out as well then :lol:

wrinx

Brul(tm)
10-04-07, 09:37
Quick question...single or double piston dump valve?

"Unlike single piston or diaphragm diverter valves, this uses counter balanced springs and dual pistons to prevent the valve from leaking air into the intake system at idle. This prevents our diverter valves suffering any of the failures associated with single piston and diaphragm type diverter valves."

I guess this says it all ;)

Greetings,
Marc

wrinx
10-04-07, 09:38
:cool:...it certainly does ;)

wrinx

q4fatboy
10-04-07, 10:56
Forge recommend the Dual Piston valves for "turbo cars with air flow meters" hence my car has an FMDVF003 fitted.

wrinx
10-04-07, 11:11
I noticed that...got me all confused again now :? :lol:

wrinx

q4fatboy
10-04-07, 11:28
Q4 = Confusion

Forge do not have Dual Piston valves listed for the Lancia Delta!

The FMDVF003 does the stuff on my car, it sounds good and it has no problem with leaking boost. The turbo does seem to spin up better since the valve was installed. It is easy to fit, remember you need the blanking plug to blank off the recircultion pipe.

Brul(tm)
10-04-07, 11:38
I noticed that...got me all confused again now :? :lol:

Both blow of valves are okay to use. Mine was recommended by Stephan from Sqaudra-Tuning. Otherwise I might have bought an other version from Forge.

Greetings,
Marc