PDA

View Full Version : Front brakes problem

alfista_AR
02-04-07, 16:21
Hi guys,
I'm running under a problem with my front brakes, and I need the help of some Alfa "Gurus".
Basically the problem is that my front right wheel don't want to break :cry:
I mean that there's not pressure on the caliper, no fluid at all.
After checking the four wheels and see that the other three receives the hydraulic fluid when press the brake pedal, it doesn't happens with the front right wheel.
All the pipes were checked and seems that there's not obstructed ones. The ABS sensors were checked too.

I'm really worried about this. I just bought new ventilated front disk and Ferodo pads and my car doesn't brake!!!

I appreciate any HELP!

Thanks.
Dario.

sub555
02-04-07, 17:30
the rubber brake hoses might be worn and when your braking the hoses are strecthing instead of forcing fluid to the pistons in the caliper

AlfaJack
02-04-07, 22:28
Have you checked the pipes for flow??
Common problem is that they can look ok but be collapsed inside and not put any pressure through

alfista_AR
03-04-07, 19:08
Thank you guys,
Did you ever heard if the solenoid valves fails ?
I really don't know if it's possible but it's the only part that wasn't checked.

alfista_AR
16-04-07, 04:22
I finally found the problem!!
One of the ABS box valves is stucked and there's not fluid going out through the pipes.

But now I don't know if there's a solution for that :( :(

Any suggestion (beside to change the entire ABS box) ???

Thanks guys!

Dario.

AlfaJack
16-04-07, 13:57
I have never heard of this on any alfa! bad luck, how did you diagnose?

alfista_AR
16-04-07, 14:39
I'd just unscrew the pipe that goes to the front right wheel on the upper side of the box valve, maintaining press on the brake pedal, and saw
that no fluid is going out for the box.

I've repeated the same procedure with the other pipes and the fluid goes out without problem.

Then I think that my valve is dead damned!

Dario.

wrinx
16-04-07, 17:06
I had this many years ago on a 16v Twinspark. The mechanic just hit the ABS unit with a hammer!!!!!

wrinx

AlfaJack
16-04-07, 17:18
I had this many years ago on a 16v Twinspark. The mechanic just hit the ABS unit with a hammer!!!!!

wrinx

:lol: :lol:

wrinx
16-04-07, 17:25
..it worked too :lol:

wrinx

alfista_AR
26-06-07, 04:27
Hi Guys,

I've finally got my ABS pump from Germany.
Highly recommendable friends that found the part.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9342/abs0002pp1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I you want something from them please let me know and I'll send you the contact info.

Dario.