PDA

View Full Version : cam saft cover & boost presure

na15575
25-02-07, 18:26
did any one knows if there is a different camsaft cover between the earlier Q4 and the wide Bobby????
the earlier have the alfa romeo logo on the spark plugs cover???
do you know in what year they change the position of the names
and where is placed each time???

Can anyone tell me where I must take <<pressure>> to connect a BLITZ turbo timer with pressure monitor.
Where is the right place?
Between the air cooler and the toggle valve or from the toggle valve to the engine??

cheers
nick

Juan AR155Q4
26-02-07, 20:30
did any one knows if there is a different camsaft cover between the earlier Q4 and the wide Bobby????
the earlier have the alfa romeo logo on the spark plugs cover???
do you know in what year they change the position of the names
and where is placed each time???

Can anyone tell me where I must take <<pressure>> to connect a BLITZ turbo timer with pressure monitor.
Where is the right place?
Between the air cooler and the toggle valve or from the toggle valve to the engine??

cheers
nick

I think all have the same camshaft, not 100% but I'd say 99%.
Mine's is a series 1, and the spark plugs cover has the turbo thing on it.
I think series 2 have the turbo thing in the intake manifold.

And for the pressure monitor, I have it conected to the intake manifold (between the throttle body and the engine. There you measure the pressure without looses (IC, TB, etc..)

Brul(tm)
26-02-07, 20:53

I have a series 2 Q4 and have the turbo writing on the intake manifold, the Alfa Romeo writing on the spark plug cover.

And for the pressure monitor, I have it conected to the intake manifold (between the throttle body and the engine. There you measure the pressure without looses (IC, TB, etc..)

Is it possible to post a picture :?:

Greetings,
Marc

Juan AR155Q4
26-02-07, 20:57

I have a series 2 Q4 and have the turbo writing on the intake manifold, the Alfa Romeo writing on the spark plug cover.

Is it possible to post a picture :?:

Greetings,
Marc

As I thought.

If you want a picture I can't take it, but really is not difficult. Just a tee in any of the stocks hoses.

na15575
27-02-07, 21:27
Thanks for the help boys mine is series 2
but i wont to check the series in an engine in a stockhouse

thank you Juan