PDA

View Full Version : hoses

sub555
11-02-07, 22:41
im trying to get a set of samco hoses for my car, turbo hoses and radiator hoses does anyone know if the integrale ones are the same or where i can get any from any help please :( :( :( :(

Brul(tm)
12-02-07, 16:55
I realy don't know.

I have been looking for hoses a couple of years ago, nobody could help me. I found a company in .NL who could make the hoses from an original one, but when he told me whats it would cost I got a temporary health problem :shock: It's still a wish to replace the original hoses, but haven't been looking lately. If you found something, let us know ;)

Greetings,
Marc

sub555
12-02-07, 17:41
okay no prob ile let you know if i do :wink: :D :D :D

AlfaJack
12-02-07, 22:06
I realy don't know.

I have been looking for hoses a couple of years ago, nobody could help me. I found a company in .NL who could make the hoses from an original one, but when he told me whats it would cost I got a temporary health problem :shock: It's still a wish to replace the original hoses, but haven't been looking lately. If you found something, let us know ;)

Greetings,
Marc

I saw a program once on how Samco hoses are made by matching them to the originals, very impressive and will last years but lots of MONEY :shock:

wrinx
13-02-07, 10:37
Don't Samco do lots of generic tubing? Might be possible to match something up if you measure the pipes.

wrinx

Juan AR155Q4
13-02-07, 14:12
I thing they are not the same. Just saying this for pictures I've seen.

As wrinx says, you'll have to find ones that matches, but it's going to be a hard work. Maybe you could talk with some dealear of Samco.

sub555
13-02-07, 21:08
hopefull found some one that can help will post pics n info when sorted :wink: :wink: :D

Brul(tm)
13-02-07, 21:44
hopefull found some one that can help will post pics n info when sorted :wink: :wink: :D

That sounds great :) looking forward to see some pictures ;)

Greetings,
Marc

djsly
14-02-07, 08:15
just a question: why samco hoses? For styling? If so, then it's an expensive one!

If for performance, then OEM hoses will do the work just fine. Only if your boost is around 2 bar. Even then you can get silicone hoses from any dealer that holds those kind of hoses. They can make a custom ones just for you. Even so, they would be cheaper than samco's.

Samco is just for prestiege and showoff.

just my point of view.

sub555
14-02-07, 17:57
so where can you recomend i am willing to save money seen as the car is a big money pit any way :lol: :lol: any help is a ppreciated

markgq4
23-02-07, 10:44
Subs,

when i was looking at changing to a FM intercooler recently i found on ebay a few places selling universal kits for around Ģ80 if i remember rightly
which consisted of several 90degree bends in silicone and some straight runs of steel(?)alloy tubing from which i think it would be possible to make up the Q4`s turbo hose route quite simply
the only odd peice on the q4 is the final piece to the throttle body/plenum

best of luck mate

155-tbo
25-02-07, 10:43
Nothing odd about, that last one. Just 2,5" - 3" Reducer silicone elbow.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/AutonAlfa/Alfa%20rompetta/Kuva307.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/AutonAlfa/Alfa%20rompetta/Kuva323.jpg

Sorry about low quality mobilepictures :oops:

Brul(tm)
25-02-07, 11:10
Sorry about low quality mobilepictures :oops:

Picures are just fine ;) Looking at the pictures makes me wonder about how much lag there might be :?: I mean, quiet a large intercooler and the pipes take a longer route from the turbo to the manifold. How does this perform in real life? Did you replace the standard turbo for a bigger one?
I'm thinking of placing a bit smaller intercool, half the height you used.

Greetings,
Marc

155-tbo
25-02-07, 19:45
Looking at the pictures makes me wonder about how much lag there might be :?: I mean, quiet a large intercooler and the pipes take a longer route from the turbo to the manifold. How does this perform in real life? Did you replace the standard turbo for a bigger one?
I'm thinking of placing a bit smaller intercool, half the height you used.

Greetings,
Marc

I donīt feel any extra lag yet :wink: Now itīs my time to replace the turbo. Maybe next summer I have time and money to do that. And the pipes arenīt really so much longer, than standars ones. That because the first hose from turbo to IC is only 15-20 cm long. Standar one is lot of longer, than that. The car is still nice to drive and I like it. Only thing what is wrong is too little turbo and too little HP numbers :lol: Iīm planning, that next evolution has 350-400 HP, but we will see. There is lot of problem, that has to solve before that.