PDA

View Full Version : Sparco strut brace front side

pitucas
26-01-07, 23:42
I bougth a Sparco Strut brace front side and I want to know how to mount it...

It seems that it won't fit there...

Do you have fitted this strut brace on your Q4's? There' need to change anything???

thanks

wrinx
27-01-07, 00:07
For the engine bay? You usually have to move a few things out the way on 155s...see if this is any help:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/arocderbyshire/alfaromeo155/index_page/05_Technical/strut_brace.htm

If it is more than mentioned in the article above I can't help, sorry.

wrinx

Brul(tm)
27-01-07, 07:24
I neede to find another plave for my ABS connectors. I heard from a couple of other Q4 drivers overhere they neede to lower the brake vluid resevoir and sometimes a fuse or relay.

Greetings,
Marc

AlfaJack
27-01-07, 10:11
My sparco one went on with no real issues, just had to push the power steering fluid res down a bit

Steve Webb
27-01-07, 10:18
I needed to move the large fuse and electrical connector box on the strut tower that is on the drivers side of the car. The brace also runs pretty close to the EGR setup and Powersteering resevoir. You will need a couple of thick washers to level up the strut brace because of the engine mount that is fastened to the strut tower on passenger side of the car.
When I first looked at fitting mine, I was sure it wouldn't fit. But once you have moved these things it will fit in there, just. Oh and I didn't need to move any of the brake pipes.
Just make sure you soak any bolt that you are going to try and shift with WD40 or release spray. I snapped about 4 bolts when I did mine and had to get new top mounts!!

wrinx
27-01-07, 15:20
Sounds like the experience I had (in the link above)...including snapping one of the bolts iirc :roll:

Four though :(

wrinx

Steve Webb
27-01-07, 17:20
Yep 4, for some reason my Q4 is exceptionally rusty underneath. Every garage I've taken it to, without fail has asked if I used to live on the coast!!

Besides I'm heavy handed when it comes to bolt, only 2 torque settings, tight and whoops! So am the same when taking bolts out. Mind you I guess that comes from working on a Range Rover as well.

pitucas
31-01-07, 23:27
Thanks. :D

I'm gonna try to mount it next weekend...

Q4-Dave
23-01-10, 10:28
Any tips on where to get one?

David