PDA

View Full Version : Lumpy idle

pavs
09-01-07, 15:32
Drove the car from Portsmouth to Glasgow Sunday with no problems, got in Monday morning and it now has an irregular idle and has a strong smell of fuel from the exhaust,

I unplugged the lambda sensor when it was running and it had no effect does this mean that it's the sensor? :?

Juan AR155Q4
09-01-07, 22:58
You should test voltage. Signal should oscilate from aprox 0,20V to aprox 0,80V. Also check the heating is with 12V.

pavs
10-01-07, 09:22
just got off the phone to the local alfa guy, he thinks its a vacuum hose off somewhere anyone any idea where to start?

pavs
16-01-07, 08:06
Been looking last night and I can hear hissing from the throttle area anyone got any idea which vacuum hoses are located there, and maybe even have picture.

thanks

Steve Webb
16-01-07, 08:30
Have you had a check of the large 90 degree angle hose that connects the metal pipe (runs next to the battery) to the plenum chamber. Mine perished and caused running probs.
Also check the MAP sensor (mounted on the bulkhead somewhere in the centre of the car) its a small box shaped sensor, and the small bore hose is connected to the underneath of it. I've had this fall out and cause me problems before.
But probably the best thing to do is get a long length of small bore hose ,neoprene based (I think) is best as it doesn't perish, and just go round replacing all the small bore hose.

Steve

pavs
16-01-07, 13:20
Have you had a check of the large 90 degree angle hose that connects the metal pipe (runs next to the battery) to the plenum chamber. Mine perished and caused running probs.
Also check the MAP sensor (mounted on the bulkhead somewhere in the centre of the car) its a small box shaped sensor, and the small bore hose is connected to the underneath of it. I've had this fall out and cause me problems before.
But probably the best thing to do is get a long length of small bore hose ,neoprene based (I think) is best as it doesn't perish, and just go round replacing all the small bore hose.

Steve

Thanks steve been and looked and its the hose that feed the pressure sensor taped it up until I get new

Still smells a bit of fuel but I think it needs a good run out with the residuel fuel in the cats

Thanks again Steve 8)