PDA

View Full Version : Warning lights

pavs
04-01-07, 20:10
Got in the car this morning and the battery and the brake warning lights are both on checked all the normal stuff but to no avail anyone any ideas where to start? :?

AlfaJack
05-01-07, 01:10
As posted on alfa155.org:

If its on the binnical above steering wheel, mine does the same every day, but revving it a little bit gets them to go off. been like it for couple of years.

I suspect my alternator isnt charging well or battery is a bit knackered - i.e not enough power to enable the abs until a better current comes through.

Another Q4er had this as well, i forget who now Rolling Eyes

If you got the address to the old 155 forum (iv lost it) try a search there.

Juan AR155Q4
05-01-07, 02:50
Mine did the same. Just reving solved the problem.
Now, magically doesn't do it any more.
I think that a battery not fully charged causes this.

pavs
06-01-07, 12:31
charged the battery and tighten the belt with no luck

So jumped in the car drove it hard up the road and the lights have gone out :?

it works so who cares 8)

Brul(tm)
06-01-07, 13:38
it works so who cares 8)

Until the moment that the battery isn't charged at all anymore and dies.... and while driving, suddenly the flow of the nice sparkling sparks stops combusting the fuel mixture :roll: Happen to me on the motorway, luckily I didn't comply to the speed limit and could get safely to the emergency lane :o

I think you should inspect the alternator, probably the carbon brushes are gone. Of course only if the battery light comes on while driving ;)

If the battery and brake lights turn on after starting and disappears when you rev the engine, it's probably that the engine is running to slow (idle speed). I believe this is the reason why Squadra set the idle rev speed at 1000RPM instead of the default 850RPM.

Greetings,
Marc

Richard
06-01-07, 20:50
If its on the binnical above steering wheel, mine does the same every day, but revving it a little bit gets them to go off. been like it for couple of years.

Same here :)