PDA

View Full Version : I've had to buy myself a new car...

colingtv6
16-12-06, 22:24
So's I can join in here properly...

Steve Webb
16-12-06, 22:34
Was just reading through the 'what is it' thread and was wondering when i'd see you post on here. So whats it like? Is it standard? How did they do the RHD conversion?

colingtv6
16-12-06, 22:44
Well, I'm not long back with it.

It's gona need some welding, but the motor seems sound. ts been chipped and my god does it go...

The RHD conversion would have been fairly straight forward with the aid of a donor car. It looks to have come to the UK around about '96/97, so there would have been plenty of bits around, 75's were being broken in vast numbers then. Sadly, there's not too many left as a result...

The biggest jobs would be changing or modifying the interior wiring loom (easier to change it, it should be the same as a 2.5 or 3.0), cutting the bulkhead to accept the pedal box and moving the steering column support. Still not too drastic though :D

Steve Webb
17-12-06, 23:17
Sounds like its a decent conversion then, I just had visions of an Integrale style conversion, with a manual brake linkage (!!!) and low ratio steering rack.

So what are the plans for it? HB handling kit? Big wheels? Imsa replica?

colingtv6
18-12-06, 01:17
Well, as per my TS, funds are tight :roll: :roll: (oh for a lottery win..)

First job is to get the rust sorted. It appears to have been lowered already, so I'll likely just fit a 29mm front ARB, new ball joints and 'urethane bushes all round for starters.

That lot will likely take me at least six months and of course I'll discover all sorts of other problems during that time. So...

Its already got a squadra chip fitted, so power is well up on standard, so Ill not be worrying too much about that for a while :D