PDA

View Full Version : Read about this one :)

10-12-06, 21:38
http://forums.delphiforums.com/evoforum/messages?msg=19089.1

I have to ask whether it is a 155 or 164 Q4, but it sounds almost to good to be true.

markgq4
11-12-06, 13:29
Sounds interesting But a hell of a lot of work ...

Juan AR155Q4
12-12-06, 17:59
I can´t figure out how he managed to fit a V6 24v, since a L4 dirty doesn´t fit in!!

800hp.... that´s must really be good!

12-12-06, 21:36
he never says it i s a 24V engine, I first believed it was, but it must be a 12 V. Well, it is a really cooö project, but personally I would consider cooling and tyre load index to be a bigger problem with the 155 Q4 than engine performance. If you think peak torque is a problem you are free to limit max boost and to increase max speed - maybe with Fiat Tipo camshafts.

I am waiting for a Peugot 24-62/17 touring car wheel to apear. If it fits I will drill new 4x98 holes in the rims and use it on track days :D The number of slightly used touring car slicks is unlimited....

Juan AR155Q4
15-12-06, 13:39
he never says it i s a 24V engine, I first believed it was, but it must be a 12 V. Well, it is a really cooö project, but personally I would consider cooling and tyre load index to be a bigger problem with the 155 Q4 than engine performance. If you think peak torque is a problem you are free to limit max boost and to increase max speed - maybe with Fiat Tipo camshafts.

I am waiting for a Peugot 24-62/17 touring car wheel to apear. If it fits I will drill new 4x98 holes in the rims and use it on track days :D The number of slightly used touring car slicks is unlimited....

Isn´t a V6 24v?
Look:

So,a friend of mine that owes a Q4 Alfa,had pretty much the same sentiments on his car.He managed to put a 6-speed Alfa box into that driveline and he bolted a V6 24-valve Arese v6 in there.

canarin
27-12-06, 02:36
I recently bought a 155 q4 and my son is rebuilding the motor and it will be only slightly modified (turbo and plumbing mainly), just to satisfy my sometimes purist wishes. Fact is, once its going he will be able to drop a v6 (12v 3L carb) into my 1980 spider which I use daily. My son is considering buying a 155 that has been totally stipped and repainted after it was turned into a Q4 from a donor Q4 that had an accident. Putting it back together would be enough of a mission time wise.
We wont have the original motor for that one but we have all the really cool goodies (forged pistons 100mm, major engine mass adjustments using cnc created parts etc) for a v6 (24v) which we want to use for this 'created' q4. Seems we need to make some mods on the block so it can fit with the Q4 diffs arrangement etc. I'm against the block mod but it seems easy enogh. So decision time.... I believe best bet would be to not buy second Q4 and fit fancy v6 into the old GTV. My son however loves the Q4 idea....
What do you folks think?

Steve Webb
27-12-06, 09:12
Firstly, what a son to have!! Do you keep him locked in the garage or something?

Secondly, not sure I fully understand, but is your son planning to fit the V6 engine to the Q4 running gear? But if I was going to undertake a project this big, I'd ditch the idea of 4wd, mount the V6 longitudinally and just use the rear diff.
V6 rwd 155 would be very interesting.

Steve

canarin
29-12-06, 18:39
Yep, he's a gr8 kid! In fact, the first Q4 was supposed to be his but he could'nt keep a secret and let me know he was repairing it for me! I always said that only a Q4 would make me part with my spider, so be careful what you wish for! Anyhow no way I will sell the spider with those extra horses coming soon!
Back to the next Q4 - we've decided to buy it anyway even if only for all the groceries! We hope that after the holidays the seller will still part with it....
We started with a front engine, rwd 155 project because of the huge horses we expect to produce from our v6 project engine. Once we got the first q4 that project was deleted, why not use all 4 wheels!! We saw more headaches with the longitudinal front engine RWD configuration and were likely to use BMW box - now that would seriously upset me because I still am Alfa all the way!
My nephew is also a mechanic, although in another city. He has tons of Alfa experience and was looking at doing the V6 conversion for the chap thats selling the Q4 sans motor. The block mod does'nt seem that bad and is do-able so we'll probably go that route. If it does not pan out we'll just fit a twin spark and turbo it as a project anyway.