PDA

View Full Version : Speedo woes

pavs
27-11-06, 14:28
Been having trouble with the speedo got the the sensor replaced and proven with a drill, I replaced the speedo drive gear but when I replaced it the gear wasn't long enough to reach the speedo sensor.

The one I put in was the one recommended on eper anyone any ideas?

Steve Webb
28-11-06, 21:49
Hi Pavs,

I've just found my old copy of the eper (ver46) so i can look at the parts you are on about. Do you mean you've replaced the sensor that screws into the top of the gearbox casing? And is the cable not long enough to plug into the loom?

What was the part number that you got from eper?

pavs
29-11-06, 12:22
Steve
I replaced (60806920 gear) that fits underneath the speedo sensor, the sensor has a square drive that fits into the gear, the problem is when I dropped the gear into the diff it (the gear) isn't long enough to drive the speedo sensor

Steve Webb
29-11-06, 18:22
I've checked that on that part number, its the only one for all the Q4's and its not been superceded.
Do you have the old one to compare it with? The only thing I can think of is that the ends of the drive gear are different lengths, and you've put it in upside down with the short end on top. Other than that, the drive gear arrangement looks fairly simple.

Steve