PDA

View Full Version : Crank angle sensor

FletchQ4
19-09-06, 21:49
Does the q4 have one (im thinking it must) its just my car has been cutting out a little and ive traced it to a lead that runs to the bottom pulleys . It has a white connecter at the top of the engine by the inlet pulley and the lead has been rubbing on the water pump belt :shock: quite badly so for now ive cable tied it away until i find out what it is but the car wont start with it unplugged so im pretty sure it's the cause.
Ill try on the manual but i can never find what i want on it :roll:

AlfaJack
19-09-06, 23:25
Yes mate, I had exactly the same problem one morning, had been wearing on the belt from where I had tied it :roll:

It caused some big old cut outs while driving, then imediately fired back up but one morning it just wouldnt start, no spark or petrol - stuck a second hand one on and it was fixed :D

FletchQ4
19-09-06, 23:38
Cheers Jack :D it seems the guy i gave £1200 to do the belts an stuff failed to put the clip back with the cambelt cover that holds it out of the way :evil:

AlfaJack
19-09-06, 23:40
Cheers Jack :D it seems the guy i gave £1200 to do the belts an stuff failed to put the clip back with the cambelt cover that holds it out of the way :evil:

Yup sounds familiar :oops: :oops: :oops:

markgq4
13-11-06, 21:35
bloody hell fletch, how much?!

FletchQ4
16-11-06, 00:31
To be fair he fitted (i supplied) a clutch renewed the upper and lower sump gaskets checked the planet gears did the cambelt balance belt and all the others fitted a good second hand starter motor also skimmed the flywheel. Put new racing oil in the engine and box fitted a new slave cylinder checked the cam seals although im sure ive a small leak, and checked the valve clearances.
The parts came to £252 labour was £680 came to £1095.