PDA

View Full Version : Wheel spacers

Juan AR155Q4
11-09-06, 19:25
I would like to make a pair of these to offset the rear tires.
I do have a couple of questions.
How much should I offset? 15mm?
Wich material should I use? Duralumin?
I donīt want to use long bolts, Iīm planning to bolt it first to the hub and then the wheel to the spacers.

Juan AR155Q4
16-09-06, 16:55
:? :? :?

No one??

Steve Webb
17-09-06, 13:39
Hi Juan,

can't comment about the sort of material to use for spacers, but 15mm is not that large for a spacer, using longer bolts would probably be best as the thickness of the spacer would make it tricky to bolt the spacer to the hub, then the wheel to the spacer without the bolts fixing spacer/hub interfering with the wheel. The spacer won't be thick enough to recess the spacer/hub bolts whilst still leaving enough metal to keep things safe.

Of course the thickness of the spacers will be upto you and will depend on what looks good and doesn't interfere with the rear wings. I have seen spacers 60mm and more.
Spacers will put extra stress on your wheel bearings so you will need to make sure that they are in good condition.

Steve

Juan AR155Q4
19-09-06, 20:15
Thanks Steve!!!

I just want to "take out" the rear wheels. They look too inside and rear wheels seems smallers.
I think Iīll go for some duralumin and try a 15mm spacer with larger bolts.

serge
21-09-06, 20:50
Thanks Steve!!!

I just want to "take out" the rear wheels. They look too inside and rear wheels seems smallers.
I think Iīll go for some duralumin and try a 15mm spacer with larger bolts.

that's what i have on my Q4 too. for looks it could be even more than 15mm, but then you'll have to rework the rear fender, because the wheel will rub on it. i also have the long bolts solution.

jimnielsen
19-08-08, 05:11
I am interested in using the speedline 16x7" wheels that I already have - and want to use some larger calipers with the fiat 305mm disk rotors that I have bought. I can fit the Wilwood Superlight forged billet calipers if I use 15mm spacers on the front wheels to keep the caliper faces off the inside face of the rim.

Has anybody else done something similar? what is the max size spacer you can use with out hitting the guards with the tyres?

thanks,

jimn~

wrinx
19-08-08, 23:28
I'm running 15mm hubcentric spacers all round.

You'll need to factor in the offset of your wheels too....forget what mine are, but they are right on the edge of the front wing, and look bloomin' fantastic imho!!!

Handling seems ok, but I'm on really crappy cheap rubber atm so not a good assessment.

Rubbing only present at the front on full lock reversing, so no bother there. Absolutely no problem at the rear, even with four adults in the car. On new GTS suspension though, lowered 40/50mm.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/wrinx/Q4/02Medium.jpg
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/wrinx/Q4/11Medium.jpg

wrinx

Ditlev
20-08-08, 09:54
I've had a set of 25mm spacers manufactured, but haven't had time to try them on yet.. I am going to use long bolts..

Excited to see the result, and to see if 25mm is too much..

Anyhow I will see if I can take some pictures before and after..

Note! This is only for the rear wheels since the front wheels are already "in place" in my opinion.. :)

Ditlev
24-08-08, 19:53
I've had a set of 25mm spacers manufactured, but haven't had time to try them on yet.. I am going to use long bolts..

Excited to see the result, and to see if 25mm is too much..

Anyhow I will see if I can take some pictures before and after..

Note! This is only for the rear wheels since the front wheels are already "in place" in my opinion.. :)

So I had the spacers mounted today and it looks faboulous! They are just wide enough and yet slim enough so that the wheels won't touch the arches when i drive over bumps.. :D

I will get some pictures taken and uploaded tomorrow..

StalionPT
20-10-08, 12:58
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/wrinx/Q4/11Medium.jpg
wrinx

i know its off topic, but can u tell me where can i get wheel centers like yours please? thanks in advance

wrinx
20-10-08, 14:07
Mine are 15mm "Delta Mics", I bought them from ebay a while ago, about ?30 a pair from memory.

wrinx

AlfaJack
20-10-08, 15:56
I think he means your Alfa centre caps:confused::tongue2:

StalionPT
20-10-08, 16:59
that's it, sorry for the wrong designition... i mean i have alfa's black and white center caps, i would like to get colorfull ones... thanks again!!

AlfaJack
20-10-08, 18:58
Welcome to the forum...we need photos and details of your car:
http://forum.berlinasportivo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66

wrinx
20-10-08, 22:29
I think he means your Alfa centre caps:confused::tongue2:

that's it, sorry for the wrong designition... i mean i have alfa's black and white center caps, i would like to get colorfull ones... thanks again!!

Bugger...sorry :cry: Must read posts more carefully!

These wheels have a 60mm hole, so I bought some stick on centres on ebay, scraped off the old ones and just stuck these on :smoke:

You can buy proper Alfa coloured wheel centres if you have standard size holes (50mm I think???). Try ebay....

wrinx

wrinx
20-10-08, 22:30
Here ya go....

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=alfa+wheel+centres

wrinx

StalionPT
21-10-08, 10:48
Welcome to the forum...we need photos and details of your car

well, ill post pics and tech specs when i have a chance, since the car is not in my posession at the moment..ill tell you it's story. My 155 Q4 belonged to my father, he bought it the same year he bought his Lancia Delta Integrale (the martini edition ^^). it was his everyday car till he got some problems (wich i dont know what were). After a while he bought a 2000 subaru prodrive and since 2002 the Q4 has been in a garage, waiting...6 years have passed, i've turned 23 and i'm in need of a car...lol My father recently sold the prodrive and bought himself a 2003 Audi RS6 and said: "son, i'm gonna get the Alfa fixed". And that's it! if there are something more u wanna know for now, ask the questions and ill ask Father.. :)

Xti
25-05-11, 22:09
Is it technically safe for a (155Q4) AWD car to fit spacers only at the back axle but not to the front axle too (same size...) ?! Have you heard anybody giving negative feedback on this ? Thanks.

Greatings,
C.

SteveNZ
27-05-11, 02:31
Depending on how spacers are engineered they could be unsafe. You can make the call on "if your spacers are safe or not". However having spacers only on one end does not make it less safe than spacers all round. If you are refering to the difference in track giving handling issues; most cars have a track difference from front to rear anyway. As long as you dont make it extreme I dont seen any problems.