PDA

View Full Version : starting problems

RaphQ4
25-08-06, 17:24
hello!

I have always my strating problem.

I have change my battery, check the spark and the fuel pump, everything is ok.

the fuel arrive to the ignition's ramp (i have unsrew the fuel tube) but it's not distributed to the cylinder!

is there a relay or something to control the injector?

Bye,

Raph.

Steve Webb
26-08-06, 07:19
I'm not sure if there is a relay/relays to control the injectors, but there is a large electrical connector that may have come loose if you have been searching around in the engine bay.
If you look at the engine side of the bulkhead you will see it in the centre. Its about 75 mm long , 30 mm diameter.

Steve

markgq4
28-08-06, 21:37
Hi Raph, i had starting problems with my 33 and it was the fuel injector relay, (it took a while to find it tho, i was getting similiar thing to you, fuel supply good but not into cylinders) i am not certain the q4 has one. you would have to check the manual or wiring diagrams to find out for certain.
Good luck.

pitucas
30-08-06, 02:34
I there!

i had starting problems with my 33 and it was the fuel injector relay

I'm the prowdly owner of a 33 16V. Can you tell me where i 'll find that fuel injector relay on the 33?

Thanks

markgq4
01-09-06, 20:44
Hi Pitucas,
My apologies. As I made a mistake.

The starting problems i had with the P4 were with the fuel pump relay.
However a similiar starting problem with an 8v 33 engine (which is on the other P4) was the injector relay.
All of these relays are under the windscreen covered by a black plastic box/cover.
The 16v has a relay for the pump and one for the ECU, whereas the 8v has relay for injectors and one for the fuel pump.

I do like the 33, nowhere near as quick as a Q4 but loads of fun, super handling little cars :)

Has Raph found his problem yet ?

Steve Webb
07-09-06, 13:54
Hi Raph,

I've been having problems with the Q4 today, its a fuel pump problem, but i've been looking into the fuel pump and injector relays and fuse. (The two relays with external fuse) that are located on the bulkhead next to the MAP sensor. You might want to check the operation of these relays out, but I doubt they are the cause of your problem as part of the activation of the fuel pump relay comes from the injector relay. So if your fuel pump is working, then the injector relay is almost certainly working. (full details of the workings of these relays can be found in the engine management file of the manuals section.)

RaphQ4
08-09-06, 21:42
I've brought my Q4 on a garage because i have not found why she doesn't start.

The garage told me that my fuel pressure regulator isn't working.
he's waiting for the sparepart...

to be continued....

Raph