PDA

View Full Version : Exhuast

q4fatboy
11-08-06, 06:14
My Q4 passed its MOT this week, just needing a new set of discs but why we underneath it we noticed that the exhaust is on its way to the rust pile in the sky!

So question, where can I gat a 2 or 2.5" Stainless system. I preferably want one without 2 cats and am happy to have one that has less boxes and therefore flows a bit better.

Short of having one made from scratch does anybody know of any suppliers?

Steve Webb
11-08-06, 09:26
I don't know of anyone that makes one 'off the shelf' If you want to get rid of as many 'boxes' as possible you'll either need to cut out the pre-cat in the turbo downpipe, or use one from a Delta Evo2. After that the run is actually pretty straight, down the passenger side of the propshaft, then swap to the other side of the car infront of the rear diff and into a single box. If you get friendly with a local garage they should be able to do it for you. I can vouch for the ease of doing it, as I made up the section between downpipe and rear box by myself with only minimal welding. :D

Not sure if any of that helps!

Steve

arjunior45
11-08-06, 11:58
In our Q4 I removed the pre-cat, mounted a down-pipe, replace the two original cats with two Gr.N one and from the cats to the rear end I kept separate line {one line for each cat} with a single "free flow" rear muffler for each rear end of the exhaust line.

Cheers

Nick