PDA

View Full Version : New Owner Q4 Series 1 "Griggio Canna da Fucile"

alfista_AR
11-08-06, 03:16
Hello there guys!
I'm a new owner of Q4 series 1 (94), originally painted in that color "griggio canna da fucile" or "grey cannon rifle".
I always love this car because I lived in Italy for five year during 90 to 95 and always wanted to have a Delta Integrale, but at those times I didn't have enough money to have one.
Now I finally found a "stylized" (and more beauty) integrale, it took me more than 10 years to close this pending issue from my younger days.
I had a 2.0 twin spark before (very,very good car) and changed it for the Q4 almos 10 days ago.
This my story.

Now I'm looking for some help regarding the fact that some times after turn on the motor it suddenly stop, even if it's cold or warm.
I don't know if it's a gas filter matter or gas pump or other things may be someone of you can give some "light".

I've anoter little topics to ask about, but in future threads.
Thank you all for any help, and I'm glad to now that are a lot of Q4 lovers around there !!!!

Dario.

PS. The only photo that have (sorry is very bad), I had to take it today with my cell phone! I promess better soon.

Steve Webb
11-08-06, 09:30
Glad to see you found your way here Dario,
and i've got a question for you already, is the colour of your car a special colour for the Argentinian market? I thought the series 1 + 2 cars only came in Black or Red. Or maybe that was only for the UK, as I'm sure I've seen some white Q4's out there as well. Perhaps I better shut up now!

Steve

AlfaJack
11-08-06, 11:34
Glad to see you found your way here Dario,
and i've got a question for you already, is the colour of your car a special colour for the Argentinian market? I thought the series 1 + 2 cars only came in Black or Red. Or maybe that was only for the UK, as I'm sure I've seen some white Q4's out there as well. Perhaps I better shut up now!

Steve

I think there is a silver Q4 around and even a purple one - i wonder if it is original :?

I want a white one :cool:

Welcome to the forum Dario - any probs you have are sure to be sorted here :D

arjunior45
11-08-06, 11:52
As for the "narrow body" Q4s I've seen only black and silver one here in Greece.
The "wide body" Q4s came in other colors too. Mine is in "rosso proteo" and according to the Alfa's historic archive this is its original color.

If you have any question about the original color of your car why don't you try to ask them? It's cost free and certenly they can give you more infos about your car, such as the "original" extras mounted in it when left the factory.

Cheers

Nick

alfista_AR
11-08-06, 13:50
Yes I know that it's a particular color for the Q4, but this is what I can see on the tag at rear.

About my question for the suddenly motor stop, any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Dario.