PDA

View Full Version : RollingRoadTable

07-08-06, 11:54
I just wonder about the definitions of the RollingRoadTable in the garage section; Is the torque supposed to be specified in Nm or in lbf? I suppose in UK metric hp and lbf are used, in the rest of europe metric hp and Nm ares used and in USA SAE hp and lbf are used. Can antone clarify? Then the "Max boost" column; should it be max boost in the entire rpm range or boost at maximum power?

It seems to me that the cars listed so far have figures given accordng to different definitions.

/Annoying engineer :wink:

Steve Webb
08-08-06, 09:05
Good point there, to be of any use the rolling road table needs to show the same measurements. So I suggest we all use the standard UK way of representing power and Torque, namely BHP and Ibs/ft . Boost should be the maximum boost that the engine makes on overboost, 1.1 bar for a standard car.

Should bring things into line abit.

Steve

08-08-06, 09:29
Thanks a lot

/Andreas

155-tbo
10-08-06, 18:30
So I suggest we all use the standard UK way of representing power and Torque, namely BHP and Ibs/ft .

No, I use Nm. How much is lbs/ft in Nm ? And I guess Jarkko use also Nm, because we use same dyno and power is Hp and Torque is Nm.

155-tbo
10-08-06, 18:30
So I suggest we all use the standard UK way of representing power and Torque, namely BHP and Ibs/ft .

No, I use Nm. How much is lbs/ft in Nm ? And I guess Jarkko use also Nm, because we use same dyno and power is Hp and Torque is Nm.

155-tbo
10-08-06, 18:32
Donīt need to repost my last post :wink:

Steve Webb
10-08-06, 18:38
I use this little program Convert (http://joshmadison.net/software/convert) to do all of my conversions. Seems to cover most things.

So if you use HP an Nm, does anyone use kW and Nm?

Steve

Juan AR155Q4
10-08-06, 19:30
HP and Nm. :wink:

Steve Webb
10-08-06, 19:57
Does that response mean that people would prefer it if we set the standard for the Rolling road table as Hp and Nm ? :?

Juan AR155Q4
10-08-06, 20:04
Lbs/ft and Bhp are from the british system. This is used by northamericans and british. All other countries uses the metric system. That would make kW and Nm.

For me is the same.

Also, there are diferents ways of measuring power, HP SAE, HP DIN, etc. They difere in wich of the accesories are conected (ej oil pump, water pump, etc), but can give a couple of HPs of difference.

Steve Webb
10-08-06, 20:29
Right, so now we are getting really confused,

I think we are agreed that torque will be in Nm. However for power which measurement would you all like?

HP SAE,
HP DIN,
or kW?

I think now for simplicity and to make sure we all use the same we should go for kW. But what do you all think??

Bit of a u-turn from a previous post, but I think things were running out of control there.

pitucas
10-08-06, 23:47
We all should use kW and N.m.

From here each of us can convert to the units we most like.

11-08-06, 08:38
1 kW = 1,3596 DIN hp
1 kW = 1,3410 SAE hp

I agree on Nm

SAE hp is no alternative since no one in the forum uses it. kW is most correct, but no one uses kW in everyday's talking.

So, I suggest DIN hp.