PDA

View Full Version : Nürburgring Nordschleife ("the green hell")

serge
26-07-06, 13:08
Last monday i took my car on the famous Nordschleife for 2 laps.
What a great track!
It sure was a good thing, that i knew the track from my xbox, that way i always knew what was coming ahead and so i really could let the Q4 fly!
I passed 2 Imprezas, one Mitsu, a Donkervoort and lots of bikes (and lots of cars that were no competition at all). unfortunately the pressure hose of my turbo slipped of and i had to drive the second half of the track very slowly (the only time where i was overtaken by others :wink: ) once in the parking zone again i could easily fix it, and went for another round. but at the same point on the track the hose slipped off again, from the first run i knew where it would be safe to stop, so i fixed it again but it slipped off again and again a total of 4 times on the second run :roll: . so i have no idea what my time for one round was. anyway i'm home in switzerland again and will for sure change the tubing, so that will hold the pressure in the future.

i absolutely fell in love with this track and thinking of immigrate in to germany near the nordschleife. we should make a BerlinaSportivo-Meeting there.

PS. the weekend before i was in Hockenheim during the "Recaro Tuning Event" and tried the Quartermile for the first time in my life. I put the figures in the 1/4 Mile Table of the Forum. (And I'm proud to say that i won both races i took part in)

Steve Webb
26-07-06, 18:53
Sounds like you had a great time Serge, is the pipework routed differently now in your car? Or are you running much more boost? Strange for the car to keep blowing the hose off!!

The idea of a Berlinasportivo meeting at the Ring is something to think about, I've always wanted to go and have a couple of laps there and combining it with a meeting is a great idea.

Steve

155-tbo
26-07-06, 19:07
I also have the same problem in my car, when I use almost 1,5 bar pressure. Now I have different boostpipes, because I change my aircooler and I drive only 1,2bar continuous. You need to tight every pipes and curves very tight, over 1,0 bar isn´t so much, but it´s enough :wink:

The big Q4 meeting in The Ring is very good idea. If it´s possible to go there, I will be there 8)

serge
27-07-06, 08:04
Sounds like you had a great time Serge, is the pipework routed differently now in your car? Or are you running much more boost? Strange for the car to keep blowing the hose off!!

The idea of a Berlinasportivo meeting at the Ring is something to think about, I've always wanted to go and have a couple of laps there and combining it with a meeting is a great idea.
Steve

Yes the pipework from intercooler to the inlet manifold is a little bit different now. and currently i run 1,4bar boost. but i already know how to fix the problem, so next time this wont happen again. :)

who else is interested in a Berlinasportivo meeting at the ring??
that would be so cool! 8)

Juan AR155Q4
27-07-06, 12:53
Congrats Serge!!! Thats the way to settle down the engine!!! and what a great place to do it.

Negative Creep
28-07-06, 22:26
sounds great but I sure wouldnt want to stop halfway round to fix something!!

Having played extensivly on GT4, the scariest bit seemsto be the final straight, very narrow and goes into a sharpturn very quckly. No margin for error there!

serge
29-07-06, 11:14
sounds great but I sure wouldnt want to stop halfway round to fix something!!

Having played extensivly on GT4, the scariest bit seemsto be the final straight, very narrow and goes into a sharpturn very quckly. No margin for error there!

yeah you're right, it would be dangerous to just stop on the track but there are a few places where you can stop the car safely not on the track.

not like in the games start/finish is on the long straight itself and you can't fly by since you're only able to drive one round after the other.

markgq4
01-09-06, 20:50
cool idea.
what about next year around time of Spaitalia ?
then we can do both circuits?
and probably all go home on trailers :lol: :wink: