PDA

View Full Version : Power loss!!!

pitucas
18-07-06, 18:11
Yesterday i was driving at home bringing my Q4 from the Alfa Romeo mechanic (where the exaust manifold where repaired) when suddenly the car seems to broken ...

The car seems to have only 80 bhp...

No noise, no vibration ... a little smoke, almost invisible...

Then I've tried to accelerate a little and the car's response was very weak and i've noticed a strange noise and the turbo seems not working...

If i accelerate i notice the big power loss and that noise!

Any advice or ideas about what's happening?

How can i verify the turbo unit?

serge
18-07-06, 19:18
check for leaks (everything between turbo and inlet-manifold).

Steve Webb
18-07-06, 19:18
First impressions of your problem are that it is not the Turbo itself, but probably one of the small bore hoses around the inlet manifold has come loose. In this case the turbo would be making boost, but it wouldn't be registering with the ECU so the extra fuel needed wouldn't be added. In which case the engine would be running very very lean.

When your mechanic repaired the exhaust manifold did he do it whilst it was still attached to the car, or did he remove it?

FletchQ4
18-07-06, 22:54
i was wondering if it had been repaired insitu and maybe burned out all the oil in the turbo :shock:

pitucas
19-07-06, 02:14
No, both exaust manifold and turbo has been taked out for the repair of the manifold.

Thanks for the advice. Tomorrow i'll see for the hoses and for some possible leak.

Juan AR155Q4
21-07-06, 18:25
Also check the main hose from the turbo to the intercooler. Maybe the mechanic didnīt tightened to hard.

pitucas
21-07-06, 18:27
I did'nt see the car yet... only monday i'm gonna see it.

But the mechanic told me that it's a broken turbo. No doubt...