PDA

View Full Version : Pollen filter & headlamp converters

Negative Creep
21-06-06, 18:39
Has anyone got a lhd pollen filter holder? Mine was missing from the car. Also, I need some lhd headlamp converters for the MOT (or a diagram of how to fit them, then I could make my own) anyone got them?

Steve Webb
21-06-06, 19:47
Can't help you with the pollen filter, and the news for the headlights might not be what you are after. The 155 headlights are projection headlights, as such the headlight beam is defined by a metal plate inside the headlight unit rather than by the glass. This means that your beam-bender style headlight adjusters don't work. However you can swap the lights lhd-rhd by dismantling the headlights and moving the metal plate. Or you can just cut up some Duck tape and stick it so you don't blind oncoming drivers. Which is what I'd do if you are just coming across the channel for a week or so.

Steve

Negative Creep
21-06-06, 20:58
I'm staying in the uk, but the rhd headlights fitted to my car have broken adjusters. I thought it would be easier to refit the lhd ones, which I stil have, then jst stick beam converters on them just to pass the MOT

Steve Webb
21-06-06, 21:09
I'll dig out some of the pics I took when I converted my rhd lights to lhd. Its easy enough to do, and only takes a little longer than swapping the headlight units.

Steve

Negative Creep
21-06-06, 21:14
ok cheers!

Steve Webb
21-06-06, 22:05
NC,

I've just started another thread about converting headlights.

Steve