PDA

View Full Version : Everyone say hello!!

Pages : [1] 2

Steve Webb
19-06-06, 11:55
Not forcing you to, but i thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where everyone could say hello and introduce themselves. I've noticed that a few people join but then don't say anything. Regardless of what you drive, put your fingers to keys and say hello.

Steve

arjunior45
19-06-06, 12:26
Well, hello again Steve!
Yes, it will be very nice if everyone drop a hello when visiting the forum. It cost nothing and make us more "civilized". I believe.

Nick

Brul(tm)
19-06-06, 17:18
"Hello World" :mrgreen:

Uhm..... Hello then ;)
I visit the forum frequently, so that's not the problem :)
Most people moved from the previous Q4 register will remember me... i think :roll:
Butt if there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask :wink:

Greetings,
Marc

155-tbo
19-06-06, 17:31
Hello ! :D

One of the finnish Q4 owner signed here too. Same nick older forum. Trying to modificate car better and better. Only money makes it slowly :?
Hope we have good community here and we can help each other.

Thank you,
155-tbo

serge
19-06-06, 19:49
Hello from Switzerland to all the Q4 crazy people in here!

and a big Thank You to you Steve for making this forum happen! :D

FletchQ4
19-06-06, 20:02
Hello from rainy Liverpool England :D i wasnt really sure about the change of site but i now think its made the world of difference 8)
keep up the good work Steve :wink:

Brul(tm)
19-06-06, 21:05
Hello from rainy Liverpool England :D

Rain :shock: We've got sunny wether at the moment. We started with a little rain this morning... actually it's very warm over here... mayby thunder and lightning tonight, i'll see.

Greetings,
Marc

FletchQ4
19-06-06, 21:41
yep rain , we had some really nice weather last week then it all went pete tong :lol:

T M Oren
19-06-06, 22:08
I live in surnadal - Norway.
I live together with my girlfrend Elin, and our litle girl Ida.
I start the morning driving around with the newspaper. http://www.tk.no/
I vork on a furniture faktory. http://www.kvande-nordvik.no/
I use most of my time reebilding an old farm house , kitchen at present. http://www.byggefirmaolavhaugen.no/article.php?id=24&p=
Hope i get more time with my Q4 soon. http://www.nordmoregatebilklubb.com/images/Galleri/toremooren/index.htm

Tore.

pitucas
19-06-06, 23:56
OK! Hi everyone!

This forum it's very nice and some big improvements were done...

My problem is time (and money, :lol: )

Presently I have 3 problems with my Q4:

1 - Broken exhaust manifold; :cry:
2 - Front disks cracked (is they are broken); :(
3 - I can't fins the damn fuse and relay of the water spray system... :evil: :evil:

The 2 first are being solved! :D
The third ... i'm lost!!! :cry:

Steve Webb
20-06-06, 10:12
3 - I can't fins the damn fuse and relay of the water spray system... :evil: :evil:

The 2 first are being solved! :D
The third ... i'm lost!!! :cry:

I think I might be able to help with the 3rd, I've got a pic for you to take a look at.

Steve.

AlfaJack
20-06-06, 12:47
Hello,

I am 22, live in south east London, have had my Q4 for 2 years.

Really enjoy having a forum like this, the technical expertise of some of the members absolutely astounds me 8) 8) 8)

Juan AR155Q4
20-06-06, 13:15
My turn.

Hi everybody!!!
Im Juan and proud owner of a Q4.
Here you can see it in the register (http://www.berlinasportivo.com/marquespec/Alfa/Q4register/juanz.php).
Im from Argentina, and hopefully we have a couple of Qs here. All of them series 1, but came here during 1994.

y@kuza
21-06-06, 11:54
hello from turkey

Negative Creep
21-06-06, 18:51
I'm 23 from south west England, soon to be a student. Had my Q4 a few months, slowly but surely getting it looking as good as it should!

Alfadriver
23-07-06, 21:20
Hello from Denmark. I've had my Q4 for about 1 year, and im loving it. Glad to find this Q4 forum, where i can learn more about this great Alfa-model.

sub555
24-07-06, 18:51
hi im from the middle of england ive owned my Q4 for a over a year and have never driven it yet :cry: hope to soon tho :D

Steve Webb
26-07-06, 18:56
This is turning into the Alfa Anonymous thread.

Hi I'm Steve, I've owned my Q4 for 6 years, not driven it properly for the past year, but finally got the paperwork through (cheers Raph) so it will be back on the road soon.

q4fatboy
08-08-06, 06:09
Hello from Silverstone. I have had my current wide body Q4 for about 12 months now, this is my second the last one being a narrow bodied car which nearly ended up as a Fiat :cry:

I use the car everyday and am slowly improving its performance. I love its discrete looks and enjoy watching other road users faces when it blasts past them leaving them thinking "What was that!"

A tad more subtle than my SZ but easily as much fun :D

TangoQ4
20-10-06, 19:57
Hi!! I'm another proud and madly-in-love-with-his-Q4 owner from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I've bought mine 4 years ago, a 1994 Black Series 1 Q4, with its waterspray connected and all.

I also used to read and post at alfa155.com's forum, however I haven't been doing so for a while (I've had my first son some months ago... changed my hole life and priorities). So today, I was wondering around some of my Q4's stuff saved in my computer, and remembered the link to Steve Webb's page, the Q4 owner's manual, etc... and here I am!! It feels great to be at a Q4 forum again!

Cheers!

AlfaJack
21-10-06, 00:11
Hi Tango, I remember you used to be on Alfaowner too, Welcome :D

TangoQ4
22-10-06, 01:55
Thanks AlfaJack! I've also been following the improvements on your Q4 by checking your website. I was surprised to find out you sold it, though... Anyway, at least it went to "good hands" as you said, and most important, the new owner is a member of the forum!!

AlfaJack
22-10-06, 11:53
Thanks AlfaJack! I've also been following the improvements on your Q4 by checking your website. I was surprised to find out you sold it, though... Anyway, at least it went to "good hands" as you said, and most important, the new owner is a member of the forum!!

No no, I still have it, the one I sold was another one I bought ;)

TangoQ4
22-10-06, 15:30

No no, I still have it, the one I sold was another one I bought ;)

Oh! Now I see. It kind of confused me not to see those unique OZ Superturismo's :P

Wolf66
23-10-06, 20:32
Hello from Slovenia!

I've had my first Q4 for 5 years, and now the second one for almost a year.

AlfaJack
23-10-06, 22:51
Hi Wolf and welcome, POst some pics of them :)

pavs
25-10-06, 19:58
Hi I'm Pavs I live in the south of England but work in Glasgow in Scotland, My Q4 is the one Alfajack rebuilt and I'm going to finish it :lol: it will be good I promise

colingtv6
28-11-06, 21:35
'Ello!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Steve Webb
28-11-06, 21:45
Evening Col, nice to see you on the forum, make sure you take a wander around the main website, and add your car(s) to the garage.

Steve

colingtv6
28-11-06, 22:23
Thanks Steve :D

Car is now in the Garage 8)

sub555
29-11-06, 18:42
:shock: they will let any one in here :wink: :lol: :lol: how you doin colin :D :D :D :D

colingtv6
30-11-06, 22:09
:shock: they will let any one in here :wink:

Seems so :roll:

sub555
30-11-06, 22:41
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve Webb
01-12-06, 00:06
I'm of the "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that allowed me to join" school of thought. So i figured I'd just let anyone join.

sub555
01-12-06, 18:20
best way to be steve invite everyone :D :D :D

VARYPODAROS
22-03-07, 09:16
Hello my friends from beautiful Greece...

AlfaJack
22-03-07, 11:28
Hello my friends from beautiful Greece...

Welcome :D

VARYPODAROS
22-03-07, 12:02
Hello Jack...

Portelloman
25-03-07, 17:38
Hi everyone,

Joined the site last week (care of Alfajack).
I guess like many we are Alfa owners and Q4s in particular so looking forward to some good info on here.

Steve the Q4 of mine (The autodelta Darko car) featured on your website was sold in 2005 and has just been resold to Scotland but I guess you may know that now! As its having it MOT tomorrow be good to see how it turns out.

best

PM

155'Ringman
26-04-07, 13:18
Hello everyone, been around for a while but not been visting here in a long time. Changes to the site look good. Must remember to visit more often :roll:

For those that don't know my car, it's in the register page. WB Rosso car that was a write off when I got it and after a fair amount of effort, got it back on the road. Not had much time to spend on it lately due to another 155 V6 arriving and mandatory DIY duties.

Cheers

Juan ALZAGA
26-04-07, 15:47
Hi mates!
Juan from Buenos Aires. My Q4 is with me since many happy years now and love her to death!

alfista_AR
01-05-07, 14:19
Hello Guys!!

This was a pending topic for me!

Hello again to everybody and thanks for the awesome help on Q4 issues.

DO.

Stuntz
08-07-07, 17:32
Hello my name is Klemen i come from Slovenia. Currently I drive a P 106 had a 145 boxer 1.7 16v ( to slow ) . And I'm in the phase of getting a Q4 :). Was a mechanic on a rally subaru impreza ergo it must be a 2.0 turbo for some fun kilomters.

AlfaJack
08-07-07, 17:39
Hello my name is Klemen i come from Slovenia. Currently I drive a P 106 had a 145 boxer 1.7 16v ( to slow ) . And I'm in the phase of getting a Q4 :). Was a mechanic on a rally subaru impreza ergo it must be a 2.0 turbo for some fun kilomters.

Hi Klemen, Welcome to the forum, we have a couple of other owners from Slovenia :D

Being a impreza mechanic must be fun! 8) 8)

Stuntz
09-07-07, 10:20
well i know both of them :)

Steve Webb
11-07-07, 12:49
Hi Stuntz, nice to see you got onto the forum, and nice to hear that the Q4 scene is alive and well in Slovenia.

Which Rally team were you a mechanic for?

Stuntz
11-07-07, 14:09
KBM Racing unknown team whit little money and even worse mechanichs :) we still have the buggye Grp A impreza its up for sale. Noticed that you have a taste for cars ! MY friend owns 7 range rovers and a Series B Land rover on all i have laid a helpful hand :)

Steve Webb
12-07-07, 09:55
Range Rovers are great, compared to normal cars they are so easy to work on, like great big meccano toys with supersized bolts. They are like driving around in your front room, sat in your favorite arm chair

Alan
15-07-07, 13:39
Hi!
I'm Alan from Slovenia, i own an alfa 155 2.0TS and alfa 33 RWD :evil:
I've been reading this forum for a long time and it's great 8)

Steve Webb
15-07-07, 21:47
Hi Alan, glad you have finally taken the plunge and registered with the forum, Alfa 33 RWD, interesting, is it based on a P4?

Stuntz
16-07-07, 14:12
Hi Alan, glad you have finally taken the plunge and registered with the forum, Alfa 33 RWD, interesting, is it based on a P4?

Well yes and no if he will want he wil post the pictures and the whole arcticle by himself. I can only say from experience the car goes fenomenaly Sideways but alan is a great dirver and mechanic in spite of his love for the ditches when I am sitting in the co drivers seat :)

Alan
16-07-07, 14:51
@ stuntz

:mrgreen:

@ Steve Webb

I started drifting with my 33 almost 3 years ago. We have had a fwd drift competition and i was the winner in year 2006.
Then they banned fwd class and everybody told me buy a bmw it's best for drift.
Well because of my love for alfa 33 i bought a P4 with rotten shell and good drivetrain and swaped all to a fwd shell. Ofcourse there was some cutting and welding :D

You can see all the project here http://www.slo-drift.com/test/viewtopic.php?t=79&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
It's in slovenian language, but there is a lot of pictures, rwd and stuff is from page 17.

Some stats:
720kg
150HP
0-100km/h around 6,5 sec
230km/h+ :D

There are some clips on youtube(tags: alfa 33 drift), and a clip of fwd drift with my 155 --> YouTube - Alfa 155 drift

mindus
05-08-07, 17:37
Hi everyone,

I'm from Lithuania and I'm just finishing the running-in of the engine we're building (currently just forged internals and an aftermarket exhaust manifold). After the running-in will be finished, some more work is awaiting... When the project will be finished, will post more info in the forum.

Nice having this forum and so many Q4 enthusiasts here, keep it going :)

Greetings!

Stuntz
05-08-07, 18:15
Hi nice to have oyu here

Xti
06-08-07, 21:27
Hi mindus !
I'm at the beginning with mine too and looking forward to see your work done.
I wish you good luck with your project.

babaroga
07-08-07, 20:49
Just to say Hello to everyone here, some people might know me, some might not.

regards
Darko

ps
I've seen that my old car has changed hands a few times now, but hey, hopefully somebody will restore it to it's former glory.

Steve Webb
08-08-07, 08:17
Just to say Hello to everyone here, some people might know me, some might not.

regards
Darko

ps
I've seen that my old car has changed hands a few times now, but hey, hopefully somebody will restore it to it's former glory.

Hi Darko, I certainly remember you, I've still got your strut brace on my car. Nice to see you back on here. So what are you driving these days?

babaroga
11-08-07, 19:03
get yourself a glass of water and something sweet now ;)

Renault Grand Espace and Smart for2...... Third kid due in October. First time in 14 years we are alfa-less family :(

anyway, I still have front left wing for 155 (narrow body) in my shed if somebody needs it...

I am also in big dillema wht to get as a proper car. New Alfas are not apealing to me at all, time constraints are ruling out Grale and Q4...thinking of SZ but it needs more grunt...

how is your new life in France ?

Steve Webb
13-08-07, 19:28
Blimey thats all abit of a turn up for the books. Last time I spoke to you , you were living with your brother and had just written off your Fiat Barchetta. I hope the Smart for2 is for the missus?

Life in France is good, busy at the moment as its the middle of holiday season and our gites are full. Steadily getting to grips with the language and the food, mind you the wine was no problems for me.

Still got the Q4, but its in a state of semi-retirement. Only ever gets brought out on special occations, and still got the 500, which is in a permanent state of rebuild. At the moment the front is off of it, soon to be replaced by brand new panels.

An SZ would be nice, pricey to start messing about with though, although the thought of a 3.5l conversion would be tempting wouldn't it. I know what you mean about the new Alfas, they aren't appealing like the older ones. Anything after (and including) the 156 leaves me cold. If I had to buy an everyday hack, I would much prefer a 75 to a 156.

Steve

164family
04-11-07, 09:39
Hello I am new to the forum but not to Alfa's. I have a US model (sort of) 1995 164 Q4 with 135 klms on the clock Recaro int (factory) and I have owned over 35 other Alfa's. I have had my Q4 for a few months now and enjoy it every time I drive it

AlfaJack
04-11-07, 10:05
Hi Lenard, welcome to the forum.

Thats quite a 164 collection you have had :cool:

As you are in the US, do you happen to know who it is who can repair the ICS unit LEDs? My dads 164 panel is playing up a bit.

Jack

Steve Webb
04-11-07, 10:44
Hi Lenard,

Nice to have you on the forum, can't wait to see a few pics of your Q4, isn't the 164 Q4 the one with the sexy Getrag 6sp gearbox?

If you want an entry in the Q4 Register (http://www.berlinasportivo.com/marquespec/Alfa/Q4register/index.php), I'm sure we can find a spot for you.

Steve

wrinx
04-11-07, 11:04
Hi Lenard :)

Welcome to the forum...

wrinx

Xti
04-11-07, 11:15
Welcome Lenard, it is always a pleasure to meet such an Alfa enthusiast. About your 164 Q4...I'm speachless.

164family
04-11-07, 17:53
Hi Lenard, welcome to the forum.

Thats quite a 164 collection you have had :cool:

As you are in the US, do you happen to know who it is who can repair the ICS unit LEDs? My dads 164 panel is playing up a bit.

Jack

Jack there is a guy here in CA that fixes the lcd's for about $550 US if you need his contact info I can send it to you.

I miss a few of my old 164's I had a 91 L auto and it was a good car also the S 12v model (clover) was a nice car. I have owned over 15 164's and can not wait till buy another!

Heres a old pic,

164family
04-11-07, 19:24
Hi Lenard,

Nice to have you on the forum, can't wait to see a few pics of your Q4, isn't the 164 Q4 the one with the sexy Getrag 6sp gearbox?

If you want an entry in the Q4 Register (http://www.berlinasportivo.com/marquespec/Alfa/Q4register/index.php), I'm sure we can find a spot for you.

Steve

Yes it has the six speed and it came with two spares one rebuilt and one used.

AlfaJack
04-11-07, 20:37
Yes it has the six speed and it came with two spares one rebuilt and one used.

They must be worth a bit!!
EDIT: Strangely just seen a link for a 6sp for sale!:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Alfa-Romeo-164-V6-24V-Q4-6-Gang-Getriebe-TOP-ANGEBOT_W0QQitemZ160102522892QQihZ006QQcategoryZ61 169QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the info on the ICS guy, I dont think he will want to pay that much, he only paid double that for the whole car!:eek:

164family
05-11-07, 00:05
Wow that looks like a deal to be had on that trans. I have yet to see one for sale and now I do.

Steve Webb
18-02-08, 19:03
Lots of new people joining at the moment, so come on new guys, introduce yourselves.

ged
05-05-08, 22:19
hello everybody,

my name is Franck, french, 28 years old, married and a happy 155 Q4 serie 1 onwer.

All my congratulations for this website is a really 155 Q4 bible. for example now i know what is the "bag" in my trunk :biggrin:

Xti
05-05-08, 22:23
Hi Franck and welcome to the forum.
Hmmm, two generations of Q4. Congratulations.

Cheers,
Cristian.

AlfaJack
05-05-08, 22:34
Hi Ged, welcome to the forum.

Post some pics of your Alfa's :D

WhizzMan
20-05-08, 15:36
Well hello there too. My name is Homme and I currently own 2 running 155s and one breaker that has to go ASAP. The runners are a 97 16V 2.0 with liquid propane injection (dialy driver) and a 93 V6 with a 3.0 12V from a 164 spooned into it.

The breaker is a 94 2.5 V6 that had to go after I busted a big-end bearing and I could get the 3.0 car for about the same amount of money as getting a 3.0 for the 2.5 and putting it in.

The 3.0 will be much more modified than it's current state, right now it has full leather, strut-brace, Biltein B6 rear, Eibach lowering, of course the 3.0 engine and ECU, stainless catback with sebring noisybox, open air filter. Short term plans are: 17" OZ superturismos (35 anniversary preferably, going to get them tonight if everything works out), WhiteLine ARBs (have to pick them up, already paid for), D2 rally-asphalt kit (go Steve!), BMC-CDA airfilter and Remus exhaust in stead of the Sebring (both are on the shelf already). Longer term mods will be PU bushes in the lower wishbones and either a MegaSquirt or a GoTech ECU. Also in the works is a conversion to GTA 4pods, and quickrack steering rack. I still need a rack, brakelines and a set of discs to get that done.

The 2.0 is a daily driver and as such, gets regular maintenance, the full leathers from the old V6 will be put in eventually and the bilsteins from the new V6 once the D2 kit arrives. Other than that I have no big plans for it.

serge
18-05-09, 08:32
Hi all long time no see
Last time I visited was a long time ago. So I just thought I dropped in and say hi.
The Q4 still runs like a beast. And in the meantime my Q4 count has gone up to 3. The Monster, the everyday-car (and future spareparts lender) and the 3th one I bought with a damaged engine also for spare parts. So it seems my Monster will have a long and happy life ?)
Cheers from Switzerland
Serge

AlfaJack
18-05-09, 12:40
Hi serge,

Good to hear from you. It almost seems normal on here these days for people to have 3 Q4's!

alfacorse155
18-05-09, 21:09
Hi Alfa fans!

Yes three is good number, I agree with you!

So for people, who didn`t see my post at the Readers cars.
I`m Chris and I come from Austria. Of course I own three Alfa 155 Q4 Series 1.

It`s like a virus, you start with one of them and after a time you get more and more.

Have a nice week, guys!
Chris

serge
20-05-09, 13:31
Coolt thing about Q4's is that you can get them very cheap, if theres something wrong with the engine (mostly turbo). because most people don't bother to fix the problem or to spend any money on it. so the sell it for peanuts.
good Q4's on the other hand can be quite expensive to buy.
And it's just a nice feeling to have all those spareparts around :)
although since i have them i didn't need any of them (except the glass of the right mirror, since some idiot stole it from my everydaycar).

biggie_
22-05-09, 22:51
Hello everybody!

Took a long time not see here, there have been many changes in my life, new house, I've been father, I've been two months without internet and .. I changed my GT V6 for a family car he he... an Alfa 156 GTA SW :biggrin:

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/biggiegt/th_DSC06773.jpg (http://s429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/biggiegt/?action=view&current=DSC06773.jpg)

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/biggiegt/th_DSC06769.jpg (http://s429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/biggiegt/?action=view&current=DSC06769.jpg)
Of course I still have my beloved Q4 :smile:

wrinx
22-05-09, 23:04
Hello and welcome back :)

I've got JTD Sportwagon...same car, different engine but I love it!

Not as nice looking as yours though...

wrinx

AlfaJack
23-05-09, 18:34
GTA Sportwagon has been on my list of "Alfas to buy in the future" for a while now.

biggie_
24-05-09, 10:03
Thank you very much for the "re-wellcome", I 'll look forward to continue learning a lot here ;-).

Q4Jan
26-05-09, 01:18
Welcome biggie!

I test drove a 156 GTA berlina before i bought the S2000 and found it too tame compared to my Q4. Probably as quick, but it felt more, well *cough*un-involved*cough* (The S2k is about as mad as the Q4 is :biggrin:. I scared an owner of a 3200GT maserati on my testdrive of the honda company car. But that could also be down to the orange/green dazzle paint applied to the car i got to test. :rolleyes: Made me order the car though.)

But i see your point in owning them both.
The GTA has a great interieur and a great sounding engine!

Nice!

serge
03-06-09, 09:32
Sad news: my Everyday Q4 (aka rolling spareparts) died on me last week. blown headgasket. This means I'm going to take it apart and store all usable parts in the basement.
As new everydaycar i bought myself a cheap but very nice 164 V6 ?)

arjunior45
03-06-09, 10:58
sad news, sorry to hear that! Another Q4 off the road, just for a blown headgasket?

AlfaJack
03-06-09, 12:30
Nooo, head gasket is not actually a huge job - good opportunity to upgrade it too :)

serge
09-06-09, 16:05
No I wont fix it, because I bought it for spareparts anyway. And there would be lots of other things to fix on this car.

biggie_
15-06-09, 22:08
Welcome biggie!

I test drove a 156 GTA berlina before i bought the S2000 and found it too tame compared to my Q4. Probably as quick, but it felt more, well *cough*un-involved*cough* (The S2k is about as mad as the Q4 is :biggrin:. I scared an owner of a 3200GT maserati on my testdrive of the honda company car. But that could also be down to the orange/green dazzle paint applied to the car i got to test. :rolleyes: Made me order the car though.)

But i see your point in owning them both.
The GTA has a great interieur and a great sounding engine!

Nice!

I agree with your viewpoint, but to be a family car it must be recognized that boring is not exactly the correct word to assess the 156 GTA, and now unless I just mount the Q2 :biggrin:

I felt more when i drive my Q4, but i think it's normal, especially for the engine touch and because it's an older car, with a worse noise than the 156.
P.S, sorry for the delay mate :doh:

thanetspeedshop
22-07-09, 18:09
Hello

My name's Tim and I've got some old Alfas; 75, 155V6, Alfetta, 916GTV.
I came across this site while looking to advertise my 75 (see marketplace).
I'm not really much of a one for posting on forums, don't have too much interesting to say, but there is a bit of Italian saloon content on my blog: http://thanetspeedshop.blogspot.com

AlfaJack
22-07-09, 19:08
Hello and welcome. I could if you wish advertise your 75 on the Alfa Romeo, Kent and East Sussex section website..will need some photos too: www.arockes.org.uk

Also, advertise it here, a lot of 155ers have an interest in 75s:
www.alfa155.org/forum

Cheers
Jack

wrinx
22-07-09, 20:47
Welcome...another 155 owner :cool:

wrinx

Alfa Patch
04-02-11, 18:33
Hi All

I am back after website fun and games.

This months project is to get the intercooler spray working but i'm at a loss as to where i can get the relay.

Steve Webb
04-02-11, 19:03
Hi Pat, hopefully all the hosting fun and games are over now so you should be around for a little longer this time.

magooagain
11-05-11, 18:07
Hello to you all. I own a couple of Fiat Coupe 20VTs. One for the road and the other is being prepaired for track day's. I am hoping to tune it to about 330 hp. I live in the Charente region of France.

Steve Webb
11-05-11, 19:53
Hi there Magoo, finally someone who is almost near to me. I'm just a little further south in the Dordogne.

magooagain
12-05-11, 13:52
Hi Steve.I found this site after reading your post on PH (france). I am in the UK till this weekend collecting parts for my track project. I live near Confolens. So the Val de Vienne circuit ison my doorstep.

Steve Webb
15-05-11, 08:25
Be interested to see the track project, how far are you going with it?

Just took a look at where you are, looks like Angouleme is halfway between, are you going in September?

magooagain
15-05-11, 22:10
http://s711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/magooagain/siver%20coupe%20track%20project/
Hi Steve. There is a link to my project photo's so far. You will see that it will be totally stripped out. Roll cage ,light weight heater installed. Battery will be installed in the boot along with fuel pump upgrade and a direct wiring mod.
A GT28RS turbo along with a FMIC,440cc injectors.Mapping to be done by FC performance in Bristol. Perspex door windows with sliders. I will try for about 330HP with standard internals,but would like to build a forged lump at a later date to go above 400hp. At the moment i am thinking of GAZ suspension allround. Whiteline 22mm rear ARB. Slotted disc's with Pagid Yellow pads along with standard 4 pot Brembo's.
I will miss Angouleme this year as the rugby world cup in New Zealand awaits.

Steve Webb
16-05-11, 21:24
That coupe is looking pretty good, should be a bit of a weapon once you get it finished and on track. I don't think you will have too much trouble coaxing 330bhp from the motor either.
Have you got any idea about how much weight you have shed so far?

NZ sounds a much better bet than Angouleme as well. Not jealous at all.

Steve Webb
16-05-11, 21:42
Been a fair few new members , so wherever you are from, and whatever you drive, please stop by and introduce yourself, we're a friendly bunch, mainly!

Brul(tm)
16-05-11, 21:46
we're a friendly bunch, mainly!

I still won't bite......
:fp:

Regards,
Marc

magooagain
23-05-11, 17:59
Just done a bit of work on my road Coupe this weekend. A Lower strut brace,Pagid yellow front pads and a bling cam cover. Just need to change the brake fluid with Castrol SRV. Then i am all ready to do battle at Spa on June the 4th and 5 th.
http://www.spaitalia.be/en/index.html Here is my my road coupe. http://s711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/magooagain/cover%20%20%20%20%20strut%20brace/

Steve Webb
24-05-11, 19:57
Interesting front lower strut brace. Is it off the shelf?

I'm sure the Q4 would benefit from stiffening up the front subframe.

magooagain
25-05-11, 13:05
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OMP-BLACK-LOWER-STRUT-BRACE-ALFA-ROMEO-156-TWIN-SPARK-/180647309380?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0f6b3044 Try that Steve

Brul(tm)
25-05-11, 17:15
I'm sure the Q4 would benefit from stiffening up the front subframe.

No doubt about that, but.....I think if you lowered the car, it won't last that long..... :thinking-011:

I have been thinking about this modification that past couple of days (someone is offering one).

I also wondering if something on the rear end would help.

Regards,
Marc

magooagain
25-05-11, 21:22
Try an uprated ARB. http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue.php?make=Alfa+Romeo&model=155&vehicle=155+EXCL+Q4+AWD+92-97 Hope that help's.

magooagain
25-05-11, 21:26
Take no notice of this post .Here is a better link for the arb. http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue.php?make=Alfa+Romeo&model=155&vehicle=155+EXCL+Q4+AWD+92-97

fochista
09-09-11, 13:39
Hello to all from Austria!

:new:

Well, my name ist Martin. I used the nick "fochista" because I already had used it in other "Alfa Romeo forums". I'm 38 jears old, married and we have one son at the age of 8.
Since I made my driving license I have had a couple of Alfa Romeo. There were 3 exceptions, one Renault and one Opel (both for the winter) and about 10 years ago I have had a Lancia Delta Integrale "Giallo Ginestra" for 3 years.
Then I drove two different 155 V6.
Last year I decided to buy a 166 3.0 V6 24V for "everyday life".
In the April of this year I bought my 155 Q4 with a second one (crashed car) for spare parts.
I have had a lot of work during the last time with the Q4 in order to get it working and to get a registration plate because the car was not droven the last 5 years and the turbo was also damaged.

So I've not finished the work yet, but the car is registrated now and works good. :driving-014:

I would say it's in an anaverage condition and I also have to fix a couple of small spots with rust next time. Winter is coming along and I'll not drive the Q4 in the winter because we have on many roads this small stones and on the others we have salt. This is a bad combination for a car... :sad:
So I've time to restore the car a bit...

Well, the Q4 is a '93, coloured black and has about 180.000 km's.

I'm very happy to have found this site and this forum! It's really great! :clap:

Last but not least: Please excuse my english, if it's not that good as it should be.

With best regards, fochista

or as they say in Italy:

Steve Webb
09-09-11, 15:24
Hi Martin,

welcome to the forum, nice to have you aboard. First off there is no need to worry about your English, seems pretty good to me, and much better than my Austrian anyway.

Having a second Q4 as spare parts seems like the best way to go these days as spares are getting harder and harder to find.

Don't forget to add your cars to the Forum garage, be nice to see what you've got, and you'll find most of the cars on here are 'work in progress' just one of the joys of owning a Q4.

Cheers

wrinx
10-09-11, 10:11
Hello Martin :wave:

Welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:

wrinx

Brul(tm)
10-09-11, 10:43
Welcome a board Martin :welcome:

:ThisThreadIsWorthle or like Steve said, put your car up in the garage :biggrin:

Xti
10-09-11, 21:31
Hi, Martin!
Welcome and congrats for your choice!

Barely wait to see some pics with your Q4.

Ciao!
Cristian

hf hpe
12-09-11, 18:24
Hello from Bulgaria

I'm owner of one 155 Q4 and one for spares.
http://hfhpe.clubalfaromeo.com/myQ4/blackq4.jpg

Also have Lancia Delta II HPE, with engine, gearbox and adjustable damping suspension from HF
http://hfhpe.clubalfaromeo.com/pictures/delta%20hf%20hpe/delta%20Hf%20HPE.jpg

my daily car is Lancia jtDEDRA with ASR and AVC from 156FL
http://hfhpe.clubalfaromeo.com/dedra/IMG_4327.jpg

http://hfhpe.clubalfaromeo.com/dedra/jtd/05072010.jpg

fochista
13-09-11, 09:59
Hi all!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

I'll put up "my Q4" in the garage. I already made some further photos yesterday. But give me some time please.

I just finished may "custom made exhaust" and I'd like to paint it with high temp colour (some work at the evenings :smoke:), because for the meanwhile I made it not all of stainless steel and at a diameter of 60mm with some orignial parts... it's just until the 2nd engine will be "modified" and "rebuilt".

On the upcoming weekend I'll be on some kind of a "small track" which ist not a public road. They call it "free driving"... :driving-014:

It's also good for me to learn a bit more about the Q4 and how it is to drive and to handle...:D

Have a nice time!
I'll be back... (Quote: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Terminator)

Juan AR155Q4
13-09-11, 14:28
Welcome both of you, nice cars you have.

Brus
06-01-12, 00:00
Greetings from Poland :-)!

My name is Peter and i'm 19.
I'm a big Italian moto enthusiast although i'm Volvo 745 driver, and i love everything connected with Scandynavia.

One of my biggest dream is to have one of those... 155 Q4.

Meet my greatest love.
Reason of happiness and sadness.
My old Volvo (https://picasaweb.google.com/114369853323561889640/Moje7451990B230FM47II) 745 (https://picasaweb.google.com/114369853323561889640/Moje7451990B230FM47).

Cheers :-).

wrinx
06-01-12, 00:05
Never thought I'd see one of those on this forum :lol:

Welcome...hope you realise your dream soon ;)

wrinx

AlfaJack
06-01-12, 00:58
Welcome! There are a few other Polish members here too who may be able to help sourcing a Q4 at some stage.

There is a Volvo I have to admit liking which is the 850 from the BTCC 1994 season. Very cool looking car (imo :D).

Steve Webb
06-01-12, 22:25
Welcome! There are a few other Polish members here too who may be able to help sourcing a Q4 at some stage.

There is a Volvo I have to admit liking which is the 850 from the BTCC 1994 season. Very cool looking car (imo :D).

Loved the 850 in the BTCC, took some balls to run the estate version as well. Just wish Volvo had mounted a fake Labrador in the boot!

Suzumushi
06-01-12, 23:58
Greetings from Poland :-)!

My name is Peter and i'm 19.
I'm a big Italian moto enthusiast although i'm Volvo 745 driver, and i love everything connected with Scandynavia.

One of my biggest dream is to have one of those... 155 Q4.

Powitać ;]
pozdrowienia z krakowa

W

wobble_master
08-01-12, 07:41
Hi All,

My name is Alex (AKA Wobble Master), been a member over on 155.org for some years now and am currently on my 4 155 although I have owned 5 Alfa's as I took a brief break from the 155 and bought a GTV but soon returned.

Pictures of all the Alfa's I have owned should appear in my signature, also if you click on the link in my sig it should display some better pictures of my current Alfa although she has changed some what since these were taken with the addition of a SS Spoiler, 17" Kei Tachi wheels and strut brace.

Steve Webb
08-01-12, 10:37
Hi Alex, welcome to the forum, thats a good looking V6 you've got there. Be nice to see it in the garage as well.

Is that front tyre rubbing a little?

wrinx
08-01-12, 11:53
Rubbing is racing...apparently :lol:

Welcome :)

wrinx

AlfaJack
08-01-12, 13:17
Welcome Wobs :)

Xti
09-01-12, 05:51
Welcome, Alex!

Good looking V6 you have, so well preserved.

Cheers,
Cristian.

fochista
09-01-12, 21:14
Hi Alex!

A very warm :welcome: also from me. Very nice 155 V6 (a great engine!)

Best regards, Martin

bravo155ts
11-01-12, 09:00
Hi all.

My name is Brian a.k.a bravo155ts.

I have two Italians in my garage - Fiat Bravo 1.6SX (9 years) and Alfa Romeo 155 1.8TS Widebody (2 years).

I am also a member of 155org as well as Malaysia's unofficial Italian Car Enthusiast Club - ItaliaAuto Club.

Steve Webb
11-01-12, 10:20
Hi Brian, welcome to the forum, nice to see another member from Malaysia, I'm sure we've already got a couple.

Are you an ex-pat? Brian doesn't strike me as a Malaysian name. :icon_wink:

fochista
11-01-12, 11:53
Hi Brian!

:welcome: from my side!

Best regards, Martin

Xti
11-01-12, 14:27
Welcome to the forum, Brian.

Regards,
Cristian.

bravo155ts
12-01-12, 12:32
Hi Steve. I am not an expat but a thoroughbred Malaysian. As we are multi racial we do have Christians (amongst other races) here in Malaysia. But yeah, the minute someone hears the name Brian Melling - they somehow or rather automatically thinks I am an expat. Kinda funny that especially when you know the surname Melling originates from the UK.

Fochista & Xti - thanks for the warm welcome.

JBSOUND
12-01-12, 14:00
Brian, welcome to BerlinaSportivo forum!!
Best regards,
JB

bravo155ts
13-01-12, 00:39
Thank you JB.

Steve Webb
18-02-12, 13:27
Thought I'd give this thread a bump as we have had an influx of new members over the past week.
For all you new guys, don't forget to say hello, add your car(s) to the garage and check out all the other features of the forum.

Cheers

arjunior45
12-03-12, 14:08
Hello Steve
It feels good restarting Nick's forum identity.
Hello to everyone. I will not be as useful as he was but I will try my best.
Regards to everyone.
Georgia

mpampis_
12-03-12, 16:23
You are welcome to all as nick was... Everyone is usefull with it's own way, you would learn things so maybe you will be better than us so we will learn from you later :)

AlfaJack
12-03-12, 16:30
Welcome Georgia :)
Hope the Q4 is going well! :)

JBSOUND
12-03-12, 18:06
Welcome Georgia, nice to have you here!! :thumbsup:

Steve Webb
12-03-12, 21:20
Hello Steve
It feels good restarting Nick's forum identity.
Hello to everyone. I will not be as useful as he was but I will try my best.
Regards to everyone.
Georgia

Hi Georgia, nice to see you stopping by. I hope you sorted out the spare parts ok and got them fitted without too many problems.

vojaalfa
30-03-12, 23:09
Hello I am Vojislav from Serbia. I am just another kid (41 years old) with octane in main brain and i am driving alfa 155 1.8 ts four years. My first Alfa was 75 1.8IE the best car i am driving.

Steve Webb
31-03-12, 09:10
Hi Vojislav, welcome to the forum. Yet another member with a love of the 75.

Is it me or are a lot of 155 owners of that certain age, @40?

Steve Webb
15-05-12, 10:23
There seem to have been lots of new members recently, so just a bump for this thread.

If you have just joined, please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself and your car(s) , you'll find we are a friendly bunch here.

Please feel free to add your cars to the garage as well ( its in the menu bar just underneath the banner) Its always good to see the wide variety of cars our members drive.

Lamb Predey
31-05-12, 19:57
Hi all Justin here, just joined I have a passion for old Lancias and Ferraris and have owned several Lancias including Delta Evos and a Fiat Strada Abarth that was a lot of fun i must say before it began rusting, that was over 20 years ago though christ i am getting old.
Anyway great forum chaps and i look forward to browsing.
Regards, Justin.

Steve Webb
31-05-12, 22:23
Hi Justin, welcome aboard. Always loved the Strada Abarth, my favorite of the of the 80's/90's hot hatches. Just a shame they never made it big in the UK.

AlfaJack
01-06-12, 09:52
Welcome to the forum :)

Lamb Predey
01-06-12, 22:16
Hi all, thanks for the welcome :)

Xti
02-06-12, 20:49
Welcome to the forum!

Cristian

Tamael
20-06-12, 18:38
Well, it was time to join.

Been browsing and using information from here for a while, and now decided that it could be handy to join.

I'm Tamael, a (at time of writing) 27 year old Dutch petrol head. I own some uncommon fiats and lancias which i drive daily. ... If they are not in the workshop for some restoration and repairs. (Trying to get them back to former glory)

My current daily is a lpg fitted Fiat croma 2,5 v6 from 94. Car had over 700.000 km now and more than 100.000 of that under my ass. The car was bought in a really sorry state and its getting better every year. soon to be fitted with a 3.0 v6 from a lancia.

At this moment a Delta hf turbo that was found in a old garage is undergoing major restoration. (Pannel worker is welding it) The common rust bits but then a bit worse. Engine and all is in perfect condition. ... Just rust and loads of it. (Been sitting in a humid garage for more than 15 years) Just needed some petrol and a fresh battery to wake up.

The Delta hf intergrale 16V is in the garage since i need to sort the ecu and rebuild the engine due to poor after market chip. spare engine is on the shelve. But another car needs to be done first.

My new daily will become a Croma Turbo. the v6 should get a gearbox rebuild and I'm afraid i will break it. The turbo needs its engine fitted back in place and the lpg kit needs fitting. its a 91 with some rust damage that needs sorting. and that's done now.

And then some odds and ends i need to sort. (155 v6 to be broken down for spares. engine has bad bearings) (croma 2.5 td that's going to get my 2.5 v6 after its rebuild.)

wrinx
20-06-12, 19:52
The Delta hf intergrale 16V is in the garage since i need to sort the ecu and rebuild the engine due to poor after market chip.

Welcome...interesting selection of cars! :cool:

Which chip was fitted to the integrale?

wrinx

David ARTC-215
21-06-12, 08:21
Hi. Forgive me for introduce myself now that it has been a while since I register. But even so, I think it my duty to introduce myself properly.

My name is David (although in most forums I use my nickname: Chispaschico).

I'm from Ubeda, a town of Jaen, in Andalucia, Spain.

I've always had a weakness for Italian cars. And since I have the opportunity to enjoy them, that weakness has grown even more.

I am currently the happy owner of 2 Alfa 155Q4, 1 Fiat Uno Turbo Mk2, and a Fiat / Seat 850 prototype, (and incidentally, of Grale of my brother.)

Because I do not speak English, I limit my participation in foreign forums, because fear create some misunderstanding. Even so, I go often to the forum, but my participation has been more active on a personal level with Steve, which many thanks for your acceptance. Thanks Steve!

I also like to send from Spain my greetings to all fellow members. And if I can help with anything, I will do it gladly.

Greetings to all!

Steve Webb
21-06-12, 08:41
59 posts and you decide to introduce yourself :doh:

Seriously, don't worry about the language thing, we can all understand you, I hope you can understand us native English speakers!

David ARTC-215
21-06-12, 09:39
jajajajaj is absolutely right. :oops:

It was to present me to the other members.

For the rest, I understand almost everything, because strive to write well, not writing SMS type.

Thanks for that too ;)

AlfaJack
21-06-12, 10:08
not writing SMS type.

Yes, that is essential for this forum. I love how there are small groups of members on nearly if not all continents with one mutual interest.:cool:

wrinx
21-06-12, 20:30
...because strive to write well, not writing SMS type.

Well done! You write English better than a lot of the SMS only people out there.

I refuse to use SMS speak, it's killing the written word! :deal:

:hijacked::blush:

wrinx

David ARTC-215
22-06-12, 08:33
Yes, that is essential for this forum...

...I refuse to use SMS speak, it's killing the written word! :deal:

I share the same opinion

Tamael
22-06-12, 16:15
Welcome...interesting selection of cars! :cool:

Which chip was fitted to the integrale?

wrinx

i really dont know. there was not even a sticker on the window.

got that sorted now and a spare engine was found for 250 euro. so not botherd that much. i payed 1500 for the car in a running state actually. so it was a good deal.

i actually need something else. a ecu chip of a delta 1.6 hf turbo with lambda. its for a project car that does need a catalytic converter.

ill try to fid the apropriate section today to request a dump of that rom.

Tamael

Steve Webb
22-06-12, 21:40
i really dont know. there was not even a sticker on the window.

got that sorted now and a spare engine was found for 250 euro. so not botherd that much. i payed 1500 for the car in a running state actually. so it was a good deal.

i actually need something else. a ecu chip of a delta 1.6 hf turbo with lambda. its for a project car that does need a catalytic converter.

ill try to fid the apropriate section today to request a dump of that rom.

Tamael

Are any on here any good for you? ECU Page (http://www.berlinasportivo.com/pages/q4ecu.php)

Tamael
26-06-12, 21:22
No 1.6 Hf turbo >92 rom there unfortunately. have to dig into it becouse i want a lambda controlled system when ime going to run it on lpg and would live to keep it stock.

Tamael

Steve Webb
26-06-12, 21:27
No 1.6 Hf turbo >92 rom

Is it a new Delta then?

Tamael
27-06-12, 08:36
no old one but just a rare car. it has to do that i need a rom/ecu from a delta one with catalytic converter. a Delta nouveau was only sold in 1.6 8v, 1.6 16v, 1.8 8v, 1.8 16v, 1.8 16v vvt, 2.0 16v, 2.0 16v Turbo. (and then de diesels)

and the new new ones have chips/roms en mass at the tuners. squadra is around the corner so might give them a call if they have te rom i need. I drive more than 30.000 a year. Petrol will never be an option to me and diesel is a bit to expensive to.

Tamael

Edit: The ecu number is a IAW 04D

jimpey762
09-08-12, 14:02
Hi!

Recognise a lot of names from the .org but thought I'd join to see whats happening.

For those that don't know I have a 95 Skinny 155 v6 in Spazio with a GTV 3.0 v6 24v under the bonnet. Other mods include...

GTA Inlet cams
Q2
CDA
Whiteline ARBs
Coupe Brembos, discs and hubs
Lowered, uprated springs and shocks (soon to have coilovers)
GTV rack
Lester splitter
145 QV skirts
166 6 speed box
Stainless exhaust
DTM headlights
18" Kahn multispokes
The ex Henry Yorke spoiler (based on the extended Silverstone one)

I think that's it!

There's still a few things I want to do and then timeto leave alone I think :lol-030:

David ARTC-215
09-08-12, 15:27
Welcome. Have pictures of your machines??? They deserve it ;)

jimpey762
09-08-12, 15:39
Thanks. I have stuck one picture in the garage...

Steve Webb
09-08-12, 15:43
Hi and welcome, I was just about to ask about the spoiler, is the center support removed?

Don't be shy adding pics and details into the garage, you've got space for 5 cars, and loads for pics and details.

jimpey762
09-08-12, 16:15
Thanks

It doesn't have a centre support but it was made like that I think.

I'll put some more pics up but they're on my phone atm...

Steve Webb
09-08-12, 19:38
Thanks

It doesn't have a centre support but it was made like that I think.

I'll put some more pics up but they're on my phone atm...

So its a specially made spoiler, not a modified Silverstone one.

Henry Yorke, now theres a name from the past.

vantastic
09-08-12, 20:20
Welcome mate, nice to see one of my old one's sorted:clap:

Steve Webb
09-08-12, 21:06
The way you are going Van, thats going to happen more and more often!

vantastic
09-08-12, 21:15
The way you are going Van, thats going to happen more and more often!

:lol:

And the garage is to small, I have more than 5 :huhsign:

JBSOUND
09-08-12, 21:28
Hi Jimpey and welcome.
Amazing car!, it will be nice to see more pictures and to know more about the engine swap. I heard that it's difficult to put a 3.0 24v in a 155, but I find it awesome.

jimpey762
09-08-12, 21:40
Thanks!

I have added a few more pics in the garage and a bit more about the spec.

dukesracing
06-11-12, 19:30
Hello all,

We are glad that we finally are a member here, we have heard a lot about your forum from a member that already is a member here... We are engineers from Greece and this period we are working as you know in a TI-Z style bodykit with GTA bumbers

Keep in touch
dukesracing.gr

mpampis_
06-11-12, 21:16
Welcome Kostas

Steve Webb
07-11-12, 07:51
Hi Kostas. loving all the work you have done for mpampis_ the car is looking great, can't wait to see it all finished.

Norling
08-12-12, 18:26
Hi all,
Im from sweden, recommended to this fantastic site by Q4-Dave who I know slightly. I have custody of three 155 Q4, one for spareparts, one who just has began transformation to a GTA clone for trackdays. The last one will be back to origin, with just a few modifications.

Regards
J Norling
Sweden

wayne-dear
09-12-12, 15:10
Good afternoon from South Central Toxteth, a peaceful, leafy suburb of Liverpool, home to me and my V6 155 and 16v 155..:wave:

MV
11-12-12, 17:35
Hello everyone
sad to say i currently don,t own an Alfa at the mo....but boy am I working on it...:lol-030::lol-030::lol-030::lol-030:

seen a real nice V6 155.....just need to sell the :blush: non alfa i own :lol-030:

alfa155chris
11-12-12, 18:31
Hello everyone
sad to say i currently don,t own an Alfa at the mo....but boy am I working on it...:lol-030::lol-030::lol-030::lol-030:

seen a real nice V6 155.....just need to sell the :blush: non alfa i own :lol-030:

Is speedy going to sell you the v6 lol:wah::hyper:

Speedy
11-12-12, 18:53
No he is`nt .............. Speedy will never sell the V6

MV
11-12-12, 19:16

I got more chance of driving the new Q4 than ever getting in the drivers seat of the V6!

alfa155chris
11-12-12, 20:22
I got more chance of driving the new Q4 than ever getting in the drivers seat of the V6!

PMSL speedy loves the v6 more than anything else:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think your right dawn about the Q4:lol-044::lol-044::lol-044:

Speedy
11-12-12, 20:29
Its my V6 not yours not his its mine and gets driven by me

if you want to drive a v6 then get yer own coz mines mine got it:lol-044::lol-044::lol-044::lol-044::lol-044:

AlfaJack
12-12-12, 10:09

Still intent on being buried in it then :ohmy:

MV
12-12-12, 14:09
Didn't want a red 155 anyway lol lol

Think your right there AlfaJack lol

Speedy
12-12-12, 17:56
Still intent on being buried in it then :ohmy:

Yes ..................... just need to find a plot big enough to fit me and it in :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Steve Webb
12-12-12, 19:23
Yes ..................... just need to find a plot big enough to fit me and it in :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

The question is whether you'd prefer to be buried behind the wheel, or your more usual position of stood next to the car sponge in one hand, bucket in the other.

Billy_Bear
12-12-12, 19:39
Hello everybody
My name is Christian, i'm 23 years old and i'm from Switzerland. Few weeks ago i bought my first Q4 for AWD winterfun :happy: . In the summer i drive a Mini Cooper S Roadster. In my garage stand 2 Giulietta's, one for preparation a Racecar and one for parts ( a never ending story) Befor i had a Toyota Celica sunchaser (very rare), a original Fiat 131 abarth widebody (restauration basis, a lot of parts missed and under the driverseat was a skelet of a cat:oops:) a 146, a 155 16v and a 166 3.0 Q2.
I work as mechanic in a Oldtimer Alfa Garage (www.alfa-oldtimer.ch)
Sorry for my english :happy:

I can only 1 picture upload, is that normal?

Steve Webb
12-12-12, 19:56
Hi Christian,

welcome to the forum, thats an impressive garage you've got there. Shame about the cat! I did find a dead mouse under the rear seat of my Q4 a few years ago, not nice. :vomit:

You should be able to attach more that 1 pic at a time, but you could always add your cars to the forum garage. If you go to the top menu bar, just under the forum logo, click on garage, then my garage and you can add upto 5 cars and upload pics and details.

I look forward to seeing your cars in there.

Loving the 166 as well.

Billy_Bear
12-12-12, 21:42
Oh yes, death mouse smell like the hell... :wacko:

I have upload my cars in the garage.

Yes its a great feeling to work with classic Alfas evry day.
I see you live in france, dou you know Viktorparts? Its the France distributor of the Bertelsbeck Germany products.

This year at tge 10. july is a trackday at Spa-Belgium, maybe its a good day for peoples with fast Q4 or other Alfas to test on a great track. Excuse me for advertising :sleep:

The 166 was a gret love, i was two times at the spettacolo sportivo in zandvort on the track. I miss it....

Speedy
12-12-12, 22:06
The question is whether you'd prefer to be buried behind the wheel, or your more usual position of stood next to the car sponge in one hand, bucket in the other.

Bucket on the floor ................BEER in the other hand:hyper::hyper:

alfa155chris
12-12-12, 22:26
Bucket on the floor ................BEER in the other hand:hyper::hyper:

The speedy we all know BEER in hand:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Xti
14-12-12, 13:47
Welcome, Christian!

Must be great working there, good luck!

Cris.

selespeed155
15-12-12, 23:31
hello everyone! some of you may know me to those who dont im the long suffering partner of alfa155chris . im currently driving what i think is the only selespeed alfa 155 in the world if anyone knows any different let me know..................
:wave::wave::wave::nahnahna::nahnahna:

alfa155chris
15-12-12, 23:39
hello everyone! some of you may know me to those who dont im the long suffering partner of alfa155chris . im currently driving what i think is the only selespeed alfa 155 in the world if anyone knows any different let me know..................

About time you joined.
Now do a garage thread about the 155 I built for you:love-001::love-001::love-001:

MV
16-12-12, 12:36

Well hello there

Steve Webb
16-12-12, 14:12

Good God!!! what is going on, if we carry on like this pretty soon we'll need a handbag and heels forum. :rofl:

Not only that but someone else from Hinckley.

Brul(tm)
16-12-12, 15:56
Good God!!! what is going on, if we carry on like this pretty soon we'll need a handbag and heels forum. :rofl:

Great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So I'll invite my girl to join then :smoke:

MV
16-12-12, 18:22

this forum could do with a bit glamour:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Speedy
16-12-12, 19:08

Not only that but someone else from Hinckley.

At last i`ve been looking all over for somehwere to put mine my feet are killing me :lol-044::lol-044::lol-044::lol-044::lol-044::lol-044::lol-044:

vantastic
16-12-12, 19:13
:lol::lol::lol: Nice to see some females join, But I can do glamour:sleep:

Steve Webb
16-12-12, 20:32
:lol::lol::lol: Nice to see some females join, But I can do glamour:sleep:

I'm not sure your idea of glamour is the same as everyone elses!

vantastic
16-12-12, 20:35
I'm not sure your idea of glamour is the same as everyone elses!

That a hint not to do photos

Steve Webb
17-12-12, 08:07
If you are ready to come out to the world and post your 'glamorous' pics, then don't let me be the one to stop you. :)

vantastic
17-12-12, 14:19
If you are ready to come out to the world and post your 'glamorous' pics, then don't let me be the one to stop you. :)

:lol-052:

Think everyone has already seem them mate.

Steve Webb
06-02-13, 21:54
Time to give this thread a bump. Been a few new member arrive with us recently so come on don't be shy, say hello to everyone.

Rex Cars
08-02-13, 22:40
Hi. I just joined this BB as I am interested in learning more about the 155Q4. I am deep into Alfas, with a 24 valve 164, a GTV-6 Grand Prix I just brought home from Italy last fall and a 1969 1750 Spider.

I always wanted an Integrale, but now I am thinking a 155Q4 would let me have all that in an Alfa wrapper.

Sadly I can't bring one home for several years due to US import regs. Or I'd buy that cool looking black wide body in Slovenia. Wow!

Rex

Steve Webb
09-02-13, 14:45
Hi Rex,

welcome to the forum, hows the weather at the moment? Nice selection of cars you've got there. Be good to see them in the garage some time if you get the chance. The 164 was the last car that Alfa took into the States wasn't it? I'm pretty sure we've got other 164 owners over your way.

So what are the rules regarding importing cars into the US? I heard other people complain about the strict rules before.

You better hurry up and get yourself a Q4 soon, there seem to be less and less about for sale these days.

Xti
09-02-13, 21:43
Welcome to the forum, Rex!

Looking forward to see some pics with your Alfas.

Cris

Rex Cars
09-02-13, 22:13
The car must be 25 years old to import without full certification. If you can persuade the Feds that it is a rare or significant car, you might get a waiver on the bumper regs (silly, yes) and then you can import it once it is 21 years old. The 21 year requirement comes from EPA's air emissions rules which you can't get around on this car. So a wide body 155Q from 1996 would not be legal until 2017 or 2021.

I just bought a 1986 GTV-6 Grand Prix in Europe and brought it home with no problems (except some fool pinched the quadrofolio badges on the C pillars). It's nice having the real Euro version without silly crash bumpers and messed up engine management. She runs really well.

In Canada, the wait is only 15 years. Seems like BMW and Mercedes have better lobbyists in the US than in Canada.

Rex

sergo
29-05-13, 10:56
Hi from Russia.
I join with my Delta Integrale 8v which I recently bought in Germany.
Thank you for the interesting forum.

AlfaJack
29-05-13, 11:35
Welcome to the forum!

Steve Webb
29-05-13, 14:19
Hi from Russia.
I join with my Delta Integrale 8v which I recently bought in Germany.
Thank you for the interesting forum.

Hi Sergo, welcome to the forum, nice looking grale you've got.

So tell us, is the driving in Russia really as bad as it seems in all those videos on youtube?

sergo
31-05-13, 09:32
Hi Sergo, welcome to the forum, nice looking grale you've got.

So tell us, is the driving in Russia really as bad as it seems in all those videos on youtube?

videos like this?

В Нижнем Тагиле на дорогу выскочил танк - YouTube

Not bad but fun )))

Really bad this government, for example cars we sell 2 times more expensive.
And you can not import a used car less than EURO4.

Steve Webb
31-05-13, 19:29
Well that was different! You never know what to expect in the Russian driving videos, but seriously, a tank is pushing things.

nizam
02-06-13, 17:22
Hello everyone!

Hi all - I'm a long time Alfa owner. The Alfa sickness started well before I could drive. When I could finally afford one, the first Alfa I bought myself was a 75 2.5V6 (that was a long time ago!)

Fast forward a decade or so, I got my first 155V6 (2.5) and just recently got a used 155Q4. There are enough differences as you Q4 veterans know, between the cars; I knew I had to find a community that know these machines well.

My 155Q4 is a bit worse for wear, but a solid driver nonetheless. I'll be going through the car to restore it to "very good to excellent" condition over time. As with any of these projects, it gets harder as time goes by since these cars are so rare, but I'm up to the challenge :)

Good to be here. I'll post pics in the garage area soon.

Steve Webb
02-06-13, 19:17
Hi Nizam, and welcome. I didn't realise there were any 155s in the USA. I thought there were problems as they were never officially imported there, and still to young to be brought in as classics.

So where did the Q4 come from, I know there are/were a couple in Canada, or did it come up from South America?

Good luck on the restoration, parts can be a little tricky to get hold of but there is still some NOS out there and cars are always being broken for spares.

Any questions then just ask away, we are mostly a friendly bunch.

nizam
03-06-13, 02:34
Steve, neither of my 155s are in the USA. The 155V6 is RHD and lives in Malaysia, and the 155Q4 is ex-Japan, and lives in Canada. My 75s and 164 lives in California. I'm constantly moving parts around the planet keeping them going :)

AlfaJack
03-06-13, 11:12
Welcome Nizam. Interesting arrangement with your cars!

wrinx
03-06-13, 20:53
Steve, neither of my 155s are in the USA. The 155V6 is RHD and lives in Malaysia, and the 155Q4 is ex-Japan, and lives in Canada. My 75s and 164 lives in California. I'm constantly moving parts around the planet keeping them going :)

Welcome...how've you got around the import rules for the Q4, 25yrs I think, or is that the USA only?

wrinx

nizam
03-06-13, 21:07
Welcome...how've you got around the import rules for the Q4, 25yrs I think, or is that the USA only?

wrinx

USA => 25 years or older
Canada => 15 years or older

wrinx
03-06-13, 23:39
Ahh, perfect :)

wrinx

Alfie
15-07-13, 06:58
Hello Everyone!

I have recently joined this community, because I m interested in FIAT vehicles. My name is Alfie and i am 22 years old. actually my B-Day is coming in next month and my father wanna gift me my first car, he allow me to choose a car for myself and I'm interesting in Fiat cars.. So that's I am here to get some information about Fiat cars ans their models.

wobble_master
05-10-13, 23:23
Hi All,

Joined the forum sometime ago but can't remember ever posting, so here goes my names Alex (aka wobble_master) and I'm an alfaholic :wave:

Had an Alfa in life probably for the last 9 years or so, started with a 1.8 Nordic widey, then a Nero v6 widey, then went for a 2.0 Rosso widey and then a proteo 2.0 GTV all have been lots of fun. Currently own a v6 Rosso skinny that I am slowly modifying and restoring those that frequent alfa155.org will know me and my cars. Also own a 156 v6 which is going to be used in the 155 :wink:

vantastic
06-10-13, 17:08
welcome :wave:

wrinx
06-10-13, 22:55
Who forgot to lock the back door? :roll:

Besides, I said hello nearly two years ago :lol:

http://forum.berlinasportivo.com/showthread.php?p=19055#post19055

wrinx

kunev
21-03-14, 21:05
Hello to all Q4 fans on here :)
I don't own a Q4 ... so far.
I have a Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 V6 TB Q2. So it can be his big brother.

Best regards
Todor

AlfaJack
23-03-14, 23:53
Welcome to the forum.
Would love to have a drive in a V6 TB one day!

kunev
12-08-14, 17:38
And as I have hinted in my first post in the forum (previous page) now my GTV TB Q2 have his big brother - 155 Q4. The car is well known on here and I have saw the car and make contact with the previous owner (Ditlev), by this forum :). I will start a new thread about it in garage section of the forum.

AlfaJack
12-08-14, 19:52
Welcome Kunev!

alexandre garcia
11-02-16, 01:24
Hi,

Alexandre Garcia from Brasilia, DF, Brasil. Like italian cars, have got myself some of them. Many You all know because are trully italian like the Alfas 145QV, 155 and 156. Also a Fiat Bravo HGT 2.0 20V, a brasilian built Fiat Marea 2.4 20V, a Fiat Elba (Uno based 5 door wagon) and a Brasilian Fiat Tempra Turbo, a 2 door model only built here.
I think i should be a wise movement to register here to learn a lot from You and to show some of the products fiat produces here in Brasil, and are different from the ones You have overseas.

Norling
13-02-16, 19:13
Welcome to the Community Alexandre. Please post some Pictures in the garage forum.

Hi,

Alexandre Garcia from Brasilia, DF, Brasil. Like italian cars, have got myself some of them. Many You all know because are trully italian like the Alfas 145QV, 155 and 156. Also a Fiat Bravo HGT 2.0 20V, a brasilian built Fiat Marea 2.4 20V, a Fiat Elba (Uno based 5 door wagon) and a Brasilian Fiat Tempra Turbo, a 2 door model only built here.
I think i should be a wise movement to register here to learn a lot from You and to show some of the products fiat produces here in Brasil, and are different from the ones You have overseas.

fireracer
01-05-17, 14:10
Hi guys! My name's Tony. I'm from the Sin City. I own a 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe.

kunev
02-05-17, 08:07
Hi and welcome to this not so popular, but a little "special" place :) .
Nice car you have, modern interpretation of sporty alfa :) .

AlfaJack
02-05-17, 09:30
Welcome. I have had the pleasure of being a passenger whilst a racing driver gave a 4C everything it had around a small handling circuit. It certainly makes a big impression!

Steve Webb
03-05-17, 22:34
Hi Tony, and welcome to our little corner of the internet.

fireracer
04-05-17, 15:14
Thanks guys!

Steve Webb
23-05-17, 09:57
So it seems we have a few new members of the forum who have joined over the last couple of weeks, please all do check in here and let us know what you are driving, however normal or insane it is.

Steve Webb
21-06-17, 09:54
Just to bump this thread up for our newer members, please take a moment to introduce yourself and maybe let everyone know what you are driving.

Don't forget, as a registered member you can post pics and details of your car in the 'BerlinaSportivo Garage' completely free and without charge. Its looking a little bare in there at the moment so please feel free to add your rides.

21-09-17, 22:22
I have been here since forever I think, but never said hello and not been very active since 2008.

My name is Andreas Mller and I live just south of Helsingborg in southern Sweden. I bought my 155 Q4 -96 as new exactly 20 years ago, sept -97. I was influenced by the DTM cars on TV and wanted something quick, fun, still more practical for my DJ equipment than the 205 GTi I had at the time and preferably something unusual. I had just finished my karting "career" and had no plans for track days. I hardly knew they existed, which probably was the case at that time in Sweden. Obviously this car changed my life and I still own it, even though it is for sale.

It used to be my daily driver until summer 2001, since then it has been my enthusiast car standing in a garage most of the time.

For some years when I worked with a lot of petrol heads at Scania's engine development I got very inspired and made a lot of discrete but efficient upgrades and I am surprised how quick it is in lap times compared to the Lotus Evora S I bought 2 years ago. Have in mind that the Lotus is not bad.

My car is in the register and it has been stored in my heated garage since the first days in January 2009, so it looks very much like in the picture. A few attempt has been made the last 3 years to bring it back in traffic, but quite a few minor issues has popped up and brought it back to the garage for fixes (leaking rear calipers, leaking clutch main cylinder, slave cylinder, leaking inlet manifold hoses ... all the fun parts to work on).

Soon ...

Steve Webb
27-09-17, 14:05
Thanks for the update Andreas, sounds like your car has had a similar life to mine, I've had my Q4 for only 18 years though.

It used to be a daily driver, if there is such a thing when you live in London, however since 2004 its only been used occasionally. Its been in a garage all summer, having a few jobs worked on. You know how it goes, one thing gets fixed, another 2 jobs appear.
Hoping to have it back before it bankrupts me!!

young olds
05-04-18, 18:37
Hey guys, new here. I’ve owned my delta integrale 16v for almost a year now and haven’t joined a forum to ask questions and stuff. Found this place looking for bin/xdf files to use tunerpro to tune my car and seemed like a decent and knowledgeable place so I decided to join.

Steve Webb
05-04-18, 23:33
Hi, nice to have you around, just ask away, as you say quite a bit of knowledge stored up in this place.

Integrales in the States must be rare, I think one of our members has a Q4 in Canada but I don't think there is one in the USA.

Post up a pic if you will, always nice to see an Integrale.

young olds
06-04-18, 01:04
There are some here in the states but dont see them around at all. All the ones Ive seen are for sale at import dealers, never actually met another owner.294929502951

Steve Webb
07-04-18, 13:26
Thanks for the pics, seems strange seeing an Integrale with a US backdrop.

Sounds like you've got some interesting cars from your profile. Feel free to post up pics of them.

If you've not found it yet, take a look for the garage feature of the forum, you can post up pics and details of all your cars.

young olds
07-04-18, 18:24

Sorry some are sideways, blower car is the 62, car with black hood is the 66, gold car is my old ladys Opel 1900

young olds
07-04-18, 18:34
Ive got a question for you guys. I have an electronic boost controller that works as a gauge as well. It reads boost in bar, Im doing ok now at reading the metric gauges and decifering pretty close to US standard units I understand, but when its in a vacuum I have no idea what Im looking at. Havent driven the car in a while, weather is crap right now, but as I remember at idle is about -35 and if I engine brake itll spike as high as -70 but generally hits -60/-65. Id like to know what unit of measurement this is so I can convert to a unit I understand.

Steve Webb
09-04-18, 12:12
To be honest that sounds like bar to me as well.
I've just got a boost gauge and at idle that dips to -0.35 bar.
It might just be that your boost controller doesn't show the period at the start.

Deasel
09-07-20, 16:11
Hello guys! I am from Portugal and I have a beautiful Alfa 156 2.4 SW 20v. :smile:

Steve Webb
09-07-20, 21:42
Hi Deasel, welcome to the site, apologies it took so long to get your login sorted.

Any pics of the 156? Love the look of a Sportwagon.

Juan AR155Q4
20-01-22, 21:25
Hi Guys!
Long time no see!
I've being dissapeared from the forum for... can't even remember, maybe 7 or 8 years?

Of course I still have the Q4, in a really bad shape. More than 4 years without running.

kunev
21-01-22, 10:44
Hi, it's good to be back :) , not that there is much activity here and maybe in general for this model around the world :( .
As you came back here maybe you think to start the return to life for her :) .