PDA

View Full Version : Scanned manuals on the site.

Steve Webb
29-08-19, 17:42
I had occasion to be on the AECars site today and noticed they had a link to a PDF of the Engine manual. Curious I took a look and from what I can see it is the exact same file on our site.

Its hosted somewhere else, and I always intended for all the information on the site to be publicly available so I don't have a problem with it. Its just interesting how material posted on one website permeates around the rest of the internet over the years.

Oh and if anyone questions how I can know that my file is the original, I borrowed the official Alfa Romeo manuals from Evo Engineering once upon a long ago and spent an afternoon photocopying them and then at a later date scanning then in.

AlfaJack
30-08-19, 08:42
Ah that is interesting and good on you for taking on the task! I love my printed set in the nice red folder but hate getting the oily finger marks all over them! I guess its the sign of a maintained (ish) car though.

On the point of AE car; I have used them (run by a chap called Eddie) on a few occasions in the past year and he has always been very helpful and quick to reply. Same goes for Shop4Parts. Those who respond to enquiries promptly get the business.