PDA

View Full Version : No spark to spark plugs

Chetan
21-08-19, 17:15
Hi all
I have 92 q4 in south africa. Car was running fine until suddenly it wont start. My mechnic says there is no spark coming into plugs. Sounds electrical, any thoughts on what it could be.
Chets

kunev
21-08-19, 20:54
Hi. Does it try to start at all, I mean is the starter running? You mention for ignition only so I assume fuel pump is running, right?
To me it sounds like ECU don't try to send ignition commands, because of missing or incorrect data from crankshaft sensor or camshaft sensor. It uses these sensors to understand where exactly is the engine in the four cycle. No data from sensor to ECU doesn't automatically mean that the sensor is bad, connector and/or cable can be the issue also. In the service manual there is some procedures for tracing of issues and probably there is for not starting.

Steve Webb
24-08-19, 17:19
Check the relays and fuse on the bulkhead in the engine, if these fail then you can end up with the ignition system not being energized.

The electrical manuals are on the website if you want to point your engineer \ autoelectrician at them.