PDA

View Full Version : Rear lights

Steve Webb
23-01-18, 17:34
Ok, bit of a simple question, but its been a while since I had cause to look at the rear lights. The Lights on the boot, Fog and reversing, with tail lights underneath? Or are they brake lights?

I have somehow managed to break the rear lights whilst changing a bulb and want to check on what bulb goes where and is of what power.

jNk
24-01-18, 20:24
I don't remember either what is the layout but can check it at friday.

wrinx
24-01-18, 21:47
Ok, bit of a simple question, but its been a while since I had cause to look at the rear lights. The Lights on the boot, Fog and reversing, with tail lights underneath? Or are they brake lights?

I have somehow managed to break the rear lights whilst changing a bulb and want to check on what bulb goes where and is of what power.

Aren't they stop and tail?

It's been YEARS since I looked but iirc there is one tail light and next to it a stop and tail so they should be easy to tell apart, one filament and double filament bulbs...if I'm wrong, it'll just be a double filament stop and tail.

wrinx

wrinx
26-01-18, 07:07
Just re-read and I've completely misunderstood :lol:

Have you checked the wiring in the rubber boot grommet?

Iirc , they're just fog and reverse...brakes are in the rear quarter.

wrinx

Steve Webb
27-01-18, 17:18
Gold star to you wrinx apart from a little corrosion the fog an reversing lights now work.

The brake lights now Work, along with the horn and boot release, turns out it was just a dodgy fuse.
Just need to replace some trim and fit the number plates and it's ready for the road on the 1st.

wrinx
27-01-18, 17:44
Marvellous...nice easy fix :cool:

wrinx