PDA

View Full Version : Fuel meter replacement

alfista_AR
06-11-14, 18:20
Hello Guys,

Has been a while without asking help from masters !!!! :-)

Does anyone experienced problems with fuel meter?
I'm having weird issues with the meter, i.e. I can see a 1/4 level of fuel and the tank is really empty!!!
Or after filled the gasoline tank, the yellow light still flashing as empty.

I've unmounted the device at the tank, cleaned up the contacts and verified that the floating parts are working well, but same behaviour: crazy needle at the meter (goes up and down) and yellow light flashing.

Is there any solution or replacement part?
Actually I never know when I'm running out of fuel!

Thanks so much for your help.

colibry
07-11-14, 13:01
I would check if that "meter" is compatible from other AR 155. If its the same u have alot of spares...

Suzumushi
07-11-14, 16:15
take the potentiometer (0-320ohm) and connect it to (pin E3) in the dashboard, when setting 0-320 OHM and fuel gauge is working properly, the probem is not within gauge itself/dashboard, fuel level warning should be active at about 250-260 ohm

if not gauge its 99% sender failure (in the fueltank) or ground problem on pin A

how to check it You will find in electrical manual -> section 13.16 test G

regards

W

alfista_AR
10-11-14, 02:39
take the potentiometer (0-320ohm) and connect it to (pin E3) in the dashboard, when setting 0-320 OHM and fuel gauge is working properly, the probem is not within gauge itself/dashboard, fuel level warning should be active at about 250-260 ohm

if not gauge its 99% sender failure (in the fueltank) or ground problem on pin A

how to check it You will find in electrical manual -> section 13.16 test G

regards

W

Thank you Suzumushi!!!
I'm going to do that and let you now.
Best,
Alfista_AR