PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on ?

vantastic
08-08-14, 03:14
Is the forum doomed, has the Boss left the room ?

Evodelta
08-08-14, 21:47
Yes. Welcome to the Opie Oil forum.

Suzumushi
09-08-14, 09:50
Yes. Welcome to the Opie Oil forum.

:thumbsup:

Evodelta
09-08-14, 10:31
:thumbsup:

:thumb:

A better question would be: Can we carry on now he's gone? Only you have the answer to that.
Seems a shame to stop after all these years.

How is your project coming along? Done much lately?

Suzumushi
09-08-14, 10:43
:thumb:

A better question would be: Can we carry on now he's gone? Only you have the answer to that.
Seems a shame to stop after all these years.

How is your project coming along? Done much lately?

I think Wrinx has overal idea what's is going on, the forum is almost dead,
most important is to have a backup of all the forum knowledge, posts, pictures... sooner or later the site will go down if the interest will be as it is now.

another question to raise, what's going on with the community? a lot of users and everyone sits silently... or all these q4's are rusting in garages or scrapeyards :) hey people! speak up!

regarding my project i will update garage for my q4 :D

wrinx
09-08-14, 14:36
I think Wrinx has overal idea what's is going on, the forum is almost dead,
most important is to have a backup of all the forum knowledge, posts, pictures... sooner or later the site will go down if the interest will be as it is now.

another question to raise, what's going on with the community? a lot of users and everyone sits silently... or all these q4's are rusting in garages or scrapeyards :) hey people! speak up!

Afraid Alfajack and I have limited knowledge of what is happening, we only have management of the forum, the website and shop is the sole responsibility of Steve.

Neither do either of us have a Facebook account, so don't know what Steve is doing in his private life.

What I do know is that the forum/website is linked to some other site(s) Steve has so the hosting should be fine...domain names I'm not so sure about, perhaps they are set to "auto renew" like mine.

This is a bad business, I don't know why Steve has allowed purchases from the shop without supplying the items :( I sincerely hope there is a good reason beyond his control

As for the forum, it's a community and unless people post it will die...where is everyone???

wrinx

vantastic
10-08-14, 02:25
I have sent a message on facebook to him

Evodelta
10-08-14, 12:20
I think you are wasting your time. If we want to keep this forum going then we have to post some stuff up.

AlfaJack
10-08-14, 18:57
We are all very baffled by why this has happened. In my limited contact with Steve he will not comment in detail or barely acknowledge on the problems that have arisen...only that he will be back.

I am not hopeful!

He said the hosting is paid up until January.

Having the future of the site (one he has put considerable time/enthusiasm in to) in doubt doesn't help our enthusiasm to keep it going in its current form.

I have offered to take it off his hands and run it but I got a reply with no acknowledgement on that part. Un

Sending messages/emails to him is likely to fall on deaf ears - he knows very well what the state of play is.

Afraid Alfajack and I have limited knowledge of what is happening, we only have management of the forum, the website and shop is the sole responsibility of Steve.

Neither do either of us have a Facebook account, so don't know what Steve is doing in his private life.

What I do know is that the forum/website is linked to some other site(s) Steve has so the hosting should be fine...domain names I'm not so sure about, perhaps they are set to "auto renew" like mine.

This is a bad business, I don't know why Steve has allowed purchases from the shop without supplying the items :( I sincerely hope there is a good reason beyond his control

As for the forum, it's a community and unless people post it will die...where is everyone???

wrinx

elCrillo
11-08-14, 20:46
I am totally computerdeaf, but cant you start a new site and take raisins from this? But there is certainly a huge job ...

wrinx
11-08-14, 21:19
It would still need people to post and it's been very quiet recently :(

wrinx

elCrillo
11-08-14, 21:35
Yes, u are right...! I'm going out in the garage tomorrow and fill my thread with more info. I hope more do the same!

kunev
12-08-14, 17:31
If the hosting for the forum is paid until January and Steve don't renew it, the forum will be down. But does all the info to this moment (if it happen) will be saved. In my opinion the activity on the forum doesn't matter if someone don't pay the hosting or am I wrong.

wrinx
12-08-14, 19:00
The information is being saved, as far as we know the website hosting is linked with other sites which will stay active.

What I'm not sure about is the cost of the forum, it has bits bolted on (like the garage) that cost money...

Another forum could easily be set up, but it wouldn't be this one we all know.

wrinx

Brul(tm)
15-08-14, 17:14
Well, right know we are on holliday in France.
After diner we'll be on our way back home.

After a short period of unemployment, I am starting at my new job monday :)
If all goes well I will be starting my project finally......

I am afraid I need to start with bodywork instead of the engine.
we'll see ;)

Xti
12-09-14, 11:31
Hell again to everyone here! Glad to be back with you guys. I hope we'll manage to keep the forum alive!

As far as I am concerned I will just wait for Steve to be back. I've seen how life can turn strange sometimes and others waited for me too.

Cheers to everyone,
Chris

OpaNkaR
11-02-15, 19:07
Most users ever online was 320, Yesterday at 12:37.

How come its soo quiet?

AlfaJack
12-02-15, 11:51
I doubt that was actual users - more likely to be web robots indexing the pages - I am just guessing.

I don't know where Steve is. I emailed him last week and no reply yet.

Kai Q4
12-02-15, 16:49
Forum has been pretty quiet lately. I hope, you all be able to update your garages news.