PDA

View Full Version : Maserati Quattroporte

Steve Webb
12-08-13, 20:12
So It looks like I'm going to be coming into some spare money sometime soon. I've never had a flash car, and one that really appeals is the Quatrroporte.
So does anyone have any inside info on what they are like, how reliable, how expensive?
Half serious at the moment, but looking at the prices of them, they really really appeal.

wrinx
12-08-13, 21:37
I don't have any real knowledge of them...but would love to own one at some point!

Servicing costs can be high...

wrinx

Leo
13-08-13, 16:48
I'll assume you are talking about the 4.2 V8 ...?
All I can say is that my experience of the GT which shares the same engine and some bits and pieces that mechanically there is really very little to worry about, the engine is robust and reliable...and sounds great. Electronics can sometime forget what they are doing but a battery reset seems to sort things out.
Servicing cost can be high - but I found that the Maserati dealer in Brussels charged less per hour than the Alfa Dealer in London - it's part prices that can be outrageous !.... But there is a lot of info out there on where to get alternative parts - a lots of Alfa parts are used - Eg - Pollen Filter Maserati Cost £60 is the same as an Alfa 166 and costs £10. The same goes for other parts too so you can save.

Leo

Steve Webb
13-08-13, 18:32
Cheers Leo, yep thats the one I'm thinking about, depends on a couple of things at the moment, but if it all works out then I'll be in the market for one.
Good to hear about the shared parts, and it looks like finding a good specialst is pretty important to keep servicing costs down.
I've had a look around at some reviews, and there don't seem to be too many issues.

vantastic
15-08-13, 00:39
I want one but no pennys right now, on my list of to own:smile: