PDA

View Full Version : Egr Thermovalve

Speedy
04-05-13, 19:29
Does anybody have one or know where to get one from ................i`ve had to "repair" mine as one of the pipes broke off

so after a new one i have contacted Mangoletsi`s but waiting for a reply

wrinx
04-05-13, 19:41
No idea, several people have removed the EGR gubbins...me included :)

wrinx

AlfaJack
06-05-13, 08:54
Yeah...get rid and simplify..

Speedy
06-05-13, 15:50
Yeah...get rid and simplify..

Thought about it but then i`ve decided its a one off from the land of the rising sun so really want to keep it as standard as possible or original if you get my drift

But if you lot have removed the EGR system you must have a spare thermovalve i can have :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

AlfaJack
06-05-13, 18:51
I will have a look but I have a feeling it is still on mine (the bit with the two red pipes and screws in to the thermostat?)

Speedy
06-05-13, 19:20
Thats the one

wrinx
06-05-13, 22:08
But if you lot have removed the EGR system you must have a spare thermovalve i can have :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sorry, mine was broken too.

The problem you're going to have is finding the right thermostat...the ones with the hole for the valve are very hard to find.

wrinx

AlfaJack
06-05-13, 22:16
Sorry, mine was broken too.

The problem you're going to have is finding the right thermostat...the ones with the hole for the valve are very hard to find.

wrinx

Before I removed the EGR system I drilled and tapped the Coupe thermostat to accomodate the thermovalve. I don't think I have replaced the stat since so I expect it is still there.

wrinx
06-05-13, 22:25
Before I removed the EGR system I drilled and tapped the Coupe thermostat to accomodate the thermovalve. I don't think I have replaced the stat since so I expect it is still there.

Fair enough, didn't realise it was that simple.

wrinx

AlfaJack
06-05-13, 22:38

wrinx

It wasn't that simple...I was convinced it wouldn't be able to tap it properly but it seems to have held with much PTFE tape!

Suzumushi
07-05-13, 07:09

wrinx

it's not that simple, getting original thermostat is practically impossible,
and getting coupe one took me a 4 days of searching.... but finally get it from germany, so it starts to be rare also. :)

regards
w