PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent hesitation

AlfaJack
22-04-13, 21:35
On a recent motorway run I noticed that the engine was hesitating a bit and giving a bit of a judder. If I accelerated it was fine and pulled through nicely.

It also started doing it when driving around town etc and finally the other day it just clonked out. It restarted OK and was fine.

It doesn't always happen but there is something I need to find and not sure where to start.

I have not even lifted the bonnet yet as little time and facilities at the moment.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Jack

wrinx
23-04-13, 07:32
Could be almost anything Jack...but check the obvious things first such as plugs and leads.

Other possibilities include crank sensor, coil packs, lambda, head gasket etc etc

wrinx

AlfaJack
23-04-13, 08:04
Cheers Steve.

To open an old topic of one I really never caught on to was the possibility or reading error codes from a Q4. Can it be done to find a dodgy sensor on this ECU?

Edit: Just found a couple of threads which I had forgotten about!:
http://forum.berlinasportivo.com/showthread.php?t=2522&highlight=code
http://forum.berlinasportivo.com/showthread.php?t=2500&highlight=code

AlfaJack
06-05-13, 22:40
Whilst removing the battery to be charged up properly I measured the resistance of the crank sensor.

The multimeter was set on 200K and it read 0.68.

I can't find any reference in the manual to what it should be. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

AlfaJack
08-05-13, 15:22
The multimeter was set on 200K and it read 0.68.

I can't find any reference in the manual to what it should be. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Anyone know?:wave:

Suzumushi
08-05-13, 19:09
Anyone know?:wave:

700Ohm is a proper value for crank sensor

regards
ws

Brul(tm)
08-05-13, 19:40
Have you checked all the grounds?
I had some problems with hesitation once.
After cleaning the connections near the cam position sensor on the right side and a couple of others, my problems where gone.

Speedy
08-05-13, 21:52
last 155 i had that was doing similar to yours was a twinny and it was a duff Lambda sensor causing the problem

AlfaJack
08-05-13, 22:46
Cheers. I will be doing a good check up soon.
Never looked at the earthing points on a Q4 so will find them and give it all a clean up..