PDA

View Full Version : High CO%

Speedy
28-01-13, 17:14
It appears the problems are starting .................

CO is through the roof when revviing the Q4 any ideas/common issues before i start looking

Think it reached around 12.5% at 3000rpm :eek::eek::eek: So appears to be running on neat petrol and nothing else

Steve Webb
28-01-13, 17:52
What have you done with the car since its arrived with you?

And how long was it stood before it was shipped over?

Also I seem to remember that you said it was out of petrol when it arrived at the docks.

Initial thought, are the injectors gunked up after the tank ran dry. I would suggest you whip them out (:lol-052:) and give them a good clean.

However due to the location I'd say stick a whole heap of injector cleaner in and give it an Italian tune for a start.

Speedy
28-01-13, 18:00
Think it has been for sale since April last year so just parked up since then

So far i havent done anything ............except put fuel in it drive it 40 miles or so home and start ip up daily

Getting it registered shortly so will throw some cleaner in it and give it a damn good thrashing:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:: thumbsup:

wrinx
28-01-13, 18:13
Map sensor???

wrinx

Steve Webb
28-01-13, 18:46
I think all of the dodgy map sensors I've come across have ended up under reading. Same for the small bore hose issues. And a map sensor reading low for whatever reason, will end up with the engine running lean.

Worth checking though, as at least the map sensor is easy to get to.

wrinx
28-01-13, 19:36
I haven't got a clue really, was just throwing something out there that affected fuelling.

With Speedy being a mechanic and asking for help, it must be bad!

wrinx

Speedy
28-01-13, 19:43
I haven't got a clue really, was just throwing something out there that affected fuelling.

With Speedy being a mechanic and asking for help, it must be bad!

wrinx

TBH i havent had the time to lift the bonnet yet ................just wondered if there was a common failure before i started looking

I have more pressing issues to deal with :lol-044::lol-044::lol-044:

Steve Webb
28-01-13, 20:00
common failure

Poor choice of words?

:rofl:

Speedy
28-01-13, 20:28
Poor choice of words?

:rofl:

Realise that now:oops::lol-044::lol-044::lol-044::lol-044::lol-044::lol-044:

alfa155chris
28-01-13, 21:39
TBH i havent had the time to lift the bonnet yet ................just wondered if there was a common failure before i started looking

I have more pressing issues to deal with :lol-044::lol-044::lol-044:

V6 gearbox:thumb::thumb::thumb:

SteveNZ
29-01-13, 21:40
O2 sensor and or cat

Speedy
30-01-13, 17:20
Well i`ve took the plugs out and then fitted a new set .................. the right ones for it not what was in and its running a hell of a lot better now:lol-044::lol-044::lol-044::lol-044:

Speedy
11-02-13, 16:46
Also found the pipe for the boost gauge was split and drawing in air ..............

connected that back up and now the emmissions are down to normal

Is there a rough general setting for the CO potentiometer ?? on the old cars a guide was to screw the mixture screw right in then out 2 1/2 turns and the CO was about right

So is there a similar way to set the CO potentiometer as adjusting it isnt making much difference with the Cats fitted as there cleaning up whats coming out now

the wombat
11-02-13, 19:47
Cats! Whats one of those then?

Steve Webb
11-02-13, 20:17
Aye, the Q4 falls into a grey area, not on Vosa's list and produced between 92-96, end result is you can, if you know a good MOT bloke, get an MOT without them.
You need to make sure he tests the car on the Chassis number rather than just putting in the year of manufacturer. Or something like that, its been a while since I was at an MOT station.

Speedy
11-02-13, 20:19
Cats! Whats one of those then?

They wont be there shortly .....................am slowly working my way through the car sorting everything as i go and when i get to the engine the camblet etc will be done and some de cats made

Just wondered if there was a factory preset for the CO potentiometer