PDA

View Full Version : Amazing garages thread

wrinx
02-12-12, 09:45
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=573190&mid=33093&i=0&nmt=Who+has+the+best+Garage+on+Pistonheads%3F%3F%3 F%3F&mid=33093

wrinx

Steve Webb
02-12-12, 16:41
Yep, I browsed through that thread a while back, some pretty amazing garages out there. Just wish I could extend my garage and get a little more headroom.

wrinx
02-12-12, 22:43
Just added a quick pic of mine on Page 127 :lol:

Not quite the palace of others though....one day!

wrinx

AlfaJack
02-12-12, 23:09
We are currently looking to buy a house WITH a garage. By garage I don't mean somewhere where the car needs the mirrors folded in (because they will likely snap off) to get it through the door....I want a place where meaningful tinkering can be done! Unfortunately this vastly limits our choices :(

Steve Webb
03-12-12, 06:46
I've just taken another look at that thread. Bloody hell some of those garages are better equipped than most of the independent garages I've ever used.

Makes you wonder if they need all the tools, or they are just addicted to buying shiney new spanners.

wrinx
03-12-12, 07:36
The shine wouldn't last long in my garage...welding and grinding tends to leave their mark.

But they have given me something to aspire to...

wrinx

Steve Webb
03-12-12, 08:25
Some of them are impressive but look far too clean, no heaps of rust flakes or dirt on the floor.

Steve Webb
03-12-12, 08:29
We are currently looking to buy a house WITH a garage. By garage I don't mean somewhere where the car needs the mirrors folded in (because they will likely snap off) to get it through the door....I want a place where meaningful tinkering can be done! Unfortunately this vastly limits our choices :(

Good luck finding a decent sized garage in the South East. Having somewhere to work where you can just put the your tools down and close the door behind you makes things so much easier.